Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, JUNE 10)

Hi Everyone!

It finally stopped raining and the sun is out. It's going to be hot for us (high 70's and 80's with high humidity) but no where near that the 100's. UGH! Hot is hot regardless of humidty. I thrive in 32 and below..LOL

Crossing my fingers that the roofer shows today for the estimate. The other roofer is out of the office until Monday. I want an estimate from him because he did both houese for the kids. I though I found a third company but there's too many texts lacking the info I need so I may be back searching. 

The replacement solar lights came so that's my project for Saturday. They will replace the front parking pad llights and all the older ones will go around the outside storage sheds and back yard. I have more weeding to accomplish in the gardens so hopefully that will be accomplished. HSN is having sales on garden supplies if anyone is in need. 

I have some grocery shopping (odds and ends) to tackle but that will probably mid week. I'm waiting on one prescription to fill so I don't have to make two trips. At least now, we can bring our grocery totes into the store. I hope I remember.

I just happened to tune in to the "Get To Know Us" QVC" programming late the last two nights and it was a much nicer pace. The variety was a fresh approach and I found replacement mop heads for $13. Woo-Hoo!!! I sure can have fun!

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, JUNE 10)

hi ladies,

I am finally in a frame of mind to post.

The temp here in the Phoenix area is 110.. It is like an oven outside. I grabbed oven mitts to open my hatchback..lol..

I have a sunscreen and towels for the car. It may hit 115 tomorrow. 🥵🥵

My Dj is doing better once some of his meds were removed. The group home is quite lovely although pricey.

I continue to jump hoops with our long term care insurance.

I read the thread most days. 

thank you for all of your prayers.

🥰🥰

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa, we have been in the 70's all week with a few rainy days here and there.  On Monday it will be in the 80's & then several hotter days. YUCK!  Thank goodness no 100's.  Like you say hot is hot & I don't mind the humidity.  I am a cold weather gal.  60's & sunny is as hot as I like.   Hopefully you have good luck with your roofer.  Grocery shopping went well yesterday.  I was able to get everything on my list.  Strawberries, black berries and asparagus were reasonable.  Eggs were $1.99  a dozen at Qwik Trip with a limit of 5 so I bought 3 dozen. 

We went to the outlet store after the gym and I bought two bags of two SF pecan pies for $3.00. I have never seen them there before.  I do like the $3.00 shorts that I bought a few weeks ago.  They look dressy.

Linda L, I am so glad that your dd's move is going as well as can be expected.  It will be  nice when it's all done.

I finally got a call from my Drs. nurse onTuesday and she said my Dr. wants me to keep taking the RX and have a cervical MRI next month to see if the problem is with my spine.

It's been a busy week on the phone.  A call to our financial guy on Monday about an investment.  He said it's doing well so don't change a thing.  We do this every year.  Today a call to our secondary medical company about a bill they didn't fully cover on my dh's brain scan in February.  They didn't give them the correct account #.

I know nothing about a vet office, but I have gotten great care at our local clinic/hospital and two in the Capitol City over the last 21 years.    My Mayo Clinic neurosurgeon was good, but I didn't like being in the old hospital.  

My bf came up yesterday as soon as we got back from grocery shopping. I went to a few grocery stores with her and then we had lunch at Qwik Trip. It was so nice to have girl  time with her.  

I have been to the gym 3 days this week & the hot tub every day but one as it was too rainy.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Sydsgma 1, it's so nice to see you posting again.  I am keeping all of you in my prayers.  I am glad that your dh is doing better without a few of his meds.  It is an expensive situation, but being in a nice place is worth peace of mind.  I had a cousin whom  moved to AZ from IL in November & loved it for about 5 months then she hated everything about it.  

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Hope the roofer shows, and you can get other estimates.  Also hope the solar light installation goes well.  

Glad you are happy with the group home for your DH, Barbara.  But, sorry about the expense.  I never thought about oven mitts for the car.  Those temperatures are hard to take.  Not that ours are that much cooler, but 105 degrees is slightly better than 110 plus.  I always try to find covered spaces to park -- the Walmart and the gym have some spaces under solar panels -- but they are often full.  And, most places don't have them.  The lack of shade trees is another issue.

Nice to see you posting, Glenda.  You certainly can find some bargains in your area.  Glad you have been enjoying the gym and hot tub.  How nice to have time with your friend.  I am sorry your cousin hates Arizona so much.  Unfortunately, that happens sometimes with moves.  I sincerely hope DD and family adjust well to their new location.

She told me that several furniture items were broken in the move, and she is pretty upset.  Also not happy that she needs to rent another truck to pick up the boxes in the storage unit.  Reinforces my dislike of moving.  Hope they love the new house/area.

My hospice visit was cut short since the social worker came, and he wanted to talk to her.  But, he seemed pleased to see me.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, I posted too soon.  It's too bad about the furniture being damaged in the move.  I wonder if the guys tried to put too many things in the truck at the same time.  Our ds & ddil moved from the Boston area to Clearwater, FL last August.  Not the best time to move there, but they both got good jobs in their health fields, their condo lease was coming due and they were tired of cold weather.   They drove down to look for a place to live & found a very nice condo with an outdoor pool & lot of beaches. He had to start work immediately, so she flew back home and closed on the lease.  Before they headed to FL they hired a moving truck to  drive their possessions down.  It made me nervous too, but it arrived unharmed in two weeks.   I am not a mover as you can tell.  

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

sdysma1---Glad you like the facility. It helps if you are pleased with the surroundings. 

I can't imagine 110 degree heat. I'm a winter person but shoveling snow is not my favorite thing. LOL

I will continue to keep both of you in my prayers.

Insurance companies are a "migraine". I'll keep my fingers crossed that it all works out.  

Honored Contributor

I'm behind posting again.

Good to see you Barbara @sydsgma1 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise