Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, JUNE 10)

@cerb, glad you could return the printer ink. Sorry about the migraine and the earthquake, I've never felt one, although there is a rare occasion when we have one here where I live.

@LindaLatte and @1jenniferjuniper, thanks for that info re: why bed rails are against the law. I can't even imagine how such cruelty can happen, but I know that it does. My mother spent 6 months in a nursing home before she passed, I was there EVERY day, not only to spend time with her, but I wanted the personnel to know someone was monitoring the home and her care. She was given very good care, although I did at one point, have to talk to them about something her doctor ordered and they lagged behind in carrying out his orders. They, then, took care of it immediately. Thanks again, hope all are having a nice day.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

Hello and Happy Friday all - today is my youngest bird Presto's 3rd birthday.  Sometimes I look at her and cannot believe I hand raised her in a car, lol.

I cut the grass and am glad that's done.  We're expecting rain tonight, hot weather tomorrow and then a storm front.

I heard about the earthquake - that just scares the bejesus outta me.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Snicks--As I understand it, there were incidents of patients being tied to bed rails in some nursing homes. Bed rails were designed for safety purposes, so it is a shame that this abuse has led to potential safety problems.

Linda--It sounds as if the place you are considering is a quality place; take time to consider it carefully and read all the fine print. It sounds as if the head staff is very compassionate.

Charlene--Sorry about the migraine. Glad you were able to return the printer ink. I was staying at the LA Bonaventure several years ago when there was a minor short quake. I watched a glass of water "walk" across the table and then stop.

Bernie--Happy Birthday to Presto. With the high temperatures expected, it is good to get the grass cut especially if storms might be involved.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.