Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, JULY 7)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It wasn't too bad on my walk this morning, and I think starting before 6:00 a.m. was a big part of the reason.  We are expecting another hot day (excessive heat warning again).  However, much to my surprise, we had a very brief storm yesterday afternoon.  Probably five minutes or less, but.....  It did help things cool down from the 100's to the 90's.

I saw something on FB about Jean needing to have two more medical tests -- hope you get positive results, Jean.  

The TSV is not calling my name, thank goodness.  I have sort of overdone it with lace tops.  Unfortunately, that is an understatement, but none were expensive and all are loved.  The other "sale" items haven't triggered my order finger yet.  Hope that continues since my closets are still over-filled despite my de-cluttering efforts.  

I plan to go to the gym in an hour or so, and then to the grocery store to pick up some produce and other perishables.  I'll visit DH this afternoon.

My caregivers lunch and meeting were very good yesterday.  I continue to count my blessings with DH.  He was doing pretty well when I visited him, and the hospice nurse visit went well. 

Have a good day everyone, and please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, JULY 7)

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. It is good that the storm yesterday  gave you a brief relief from the on-going heat. With your temperatures, getting your walk in before 6am is a good approach but one I would find difficult.. I am glad DH continues to do better. I know that gives you comfort.

I think the TSV looks nice for the price but I am very well supplied with new tops. We can't buy every new thing despite how now it may look to us.

Yes, I have two more tests and knew that would be the outcome of the doctor visits. I have a colostomy scheduled for next Friday and then a cystoscopy on the Wednesday afterwards. It is getting old but with the  past cancer, it is a necessity.

I read about the Liberty acqusition of HSN. It is just another one of those business deals that may or may not affect us. There are many "brands" or stores owned by the same parent company. I think most of us have more to worry about than what is going to happen to the Q or HSN as a result,

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Jean, sorry to hear about the tests. Yes, they are necessary..I have to have a colonoscopy every 3 years. (((Hugs)))

Honored Contributor

Image result for enjoy your weekend everyone pics

Honored Contributor

Hello all - we had some rain last night - the sidewalks were a little damp this morning.  Hoping for some more rain later.

@KonaKat  I know the tests are necessary however I feel for you regarding all the prepping, poking and prodding.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - I'm glad I was outside early today watering and weeding, as it's very hot right now.  I do not like summer where we live.  I hope that twinny is having a nice visit with her niece.  Jean - hope your medical tests go well.  Linda - glad to hear that DH is having good days.  You're an inspiration in so many ways.  Bernie - how is Grayson and your other feathered friends?  Any sign of Rocky in the wild?

I'm starting to get really annoyed by my DS who keeps "saying" that he's going to get a lot of work done on his huge pile of stuff, but isn't making progress at all.  It's hard when adult children want to be treated as adults, but their behavior isn't that of an adult.  When they act like a 15 year old, we treat them like 15 year olds.  They shouldn't be surprised when that happens.  Thankfully my DD isn't that bad.  

And with that, I will wish you all a good day!  ~  Charlene

Trusted Contributor

HEllo Ladies...I could have used those s/v umbrellas this morning.....we had about an hour downpour...the windshield wipers on my car were at their highest settings and still I could not see....I had gone out to the supermarket and thought The rain was coming down so hard and fast it would be over soon but it wasn't....the parking lot at the store had little rivers running through it.    I had a alert from the town that the lake we have  in our town has been closed today/ tomorrow because of all the runoff.....the beaches however are ok.  THe sun is out now and our lawn service just came and cut the grass.....I thought you couldn't cut wet grass but I guess with their big professional machines it's ok.       AT least my flowers had a good soaking as it was hot and sunny the past week .

Not much has been going on here all week.         We are getting your rain Linda and CHarleen ....hope you both get some soon.  I also like that s/v top too Jean and I am still on the fence about buying it........time will tell.

Have a nice day everyone......Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

It is pouring the rain again. I barely escaped driving in it yesterday but I know what it is like when the wipers can't clear the rain fast enough and there is no place to pull off.

I spent the afternoon relaxing and reading. I should have been doing some work but I was feeling a little wiped out with a headahe. I need to get my act together and do more.

I just finished the preregstration for the procedure next Friday. The poking and prodings don't bother me but the prep certainly does. It is a small price to pay to keep on top of your health.

Thanks for all your comments and concerns. We all have our issues but we do support each other.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, it was hot back home yesterday & the day before, but low 80's today & then some wonderful 70's ( but it will be hot here in S.  IL.  I am glad that your caregivers meeting was good & glad  your DH is doing better.

Bird Mama, I heard that some parts of MI had bad storms, but you are in a different area.

Sydsgma, I am now on the 5 year colonoscopy plan.  DARN!

Jean, good luck with your upcoming tests.  No fun but necessary sometimes.  I sometimes dislike my infusions too & then I get a wake up call reminding me that not being wheel chair bound is Wonderful. I am so blessed.

Marijane, we could use some rain.  Are you floating in your pool?  I would love a pool or the ocean right now.

CERB, I am sorry that you are having a difficult time getting your son to act like an adult.  Maybe going away to college will make him responsible.

We are 1/2 way down the state of IL & will be to our destination by 11:00 tomorrow morning.  It is hot here, but our room is nice.

We had a nice Amish lunch today, so supper is leftovers from home.  Ham salad sandwiches, corn on the cob & yellow grape tomatoes.

My infusion was extra long yesterday.  Because of a medical problem somewhere, the pharmacists were all busy.  That meant more than a 2 hour delay in getting my gamma gard mixed up.  I had a new nurse & she did a fabulous job accessing my port.  Another of my nurses has retired.  My 1:00 mammogram appointment had to be cancelled & I need to reschedule it.  DARN!  

Yesterday my upper lip was swelling up when I got up.  It was the lower one on Sunday.  I am unsure what the cause is, but I suspect that it is from an increase in one of my high blood pressure meds!  My dil gave me Zantac on Sunday & it helped a lot.

I am looking forward to my great niece's Sweet 16 dunk tank birthday party tomorrow.  She just got her driver's license 2 days ago . Yikes.

Hugs to all of your.

Trusted Contributor

Wow TWinny a dunking tank......are you and your DH signed up for that??? WHat fun that would be...   have a good time .....you will have to tell us all about it when you get back.