Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, JULY 30)

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny and in the low 80's. No storms for today so they say but the dogs and I heard thunder. BOOOO!!!

I wanted to let you know that I received the Sketchers TSV A399836 and they look and feel great on my feet. I ordered my correct size and I have wiggle room for my toes with space for my reconstructed foot. Just wanted to pass the review along especially those that do the steps/walks.

I'm still hanging drapes but hope to be finished by tonight. I've learned to take breaks inbetween trips up and down on the ladder to give my knees and foot a rest. I can feel the difference in temp already in the rooms where I'm done. 

I see that HSN has that TriBurst light as the TSV today. It now comes in colors instead of just black. These work great in our garage and work room. Boy, what a dfference to see the entire room lit. Price was right ,too.  It is a bright light and this version has a sensor built in. I'm in love with sensors. LOL

I did watch part of FriYay with Jayne Brown. I love her presentation style. I ordered the CuddleDuds sweatshirt top for our DIL for Christmas. I'm determined to shop extra early so I'm not stressing about items arriving in time. If I can get all the little "thank yo gifts" and the clothing for the DIL and toys for the dogs in both family I'll be so relievedl.  The men always want gift cards and I usually buy p.j.'s or outerwear. 

I'm a sucker for gem day but I usually look but don't buy. I did purchase a tiny ring that had sentimental value because it was from Montana. We used to spend part of our time in Colorado, Motana and Utah years ago. I miss that time out there since I can't travel anymore. 

It looks like the weekend will be CIJ finale with B.Lights garland, wreaths, etc. I didn't see a tree. Good thing. I would have been tempted with a tree. Honestly, I just love Christmas trees. My friend can't stand the tree but just likes the garland, bows and nativity. Her hubby does a fantastic job with lights over all the outside bushes. I love to see how everyone decorates for the various holidays.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, JULY 30)

Good Afternoon!  I saw that Jean also started our thread, so I am including her post below.

Greetings, shopping friends. The month and summer has flown by. It feels unreal that school opens mid-August. It seems as if it just closed. I'm still debating if I will work or not. The school was like family but the big staff turnover due to retirements and new positions will make it a very different place.

I looked at my easy pays. August is my last month of easy pays. That was made easier by not needing to shop and also resisting anything that was not a need. If I can buy from Amazon without "easy pay" then I can from the Q. It is a question of the purchase being a want or a need. Sometimes those things I considered to be a need proved not to be used that often and found a new home with donation.

Enjoy your weekend. If you shop, shop wisely. It all adds up!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.

Esteemed Contributor

I just realized that it is evening where many of you live.  So, good evening.  

Hope the weather prediction is true, Fressa, but I imagine the thunder is a tip-off to more storms there.  We did have some  thunderstorms yesterday evening, but not as strong as some we have had lately.  This has been the wettest July on record here.  Not hard to believe.

Glad you like those Sketchers, Fressa. I don't remember them, but I will have to take a look despite having my share and much more of shoes.  Good that you have figured out a way to hang the drapes that is less taxing on you.  Happy the job is almost done.

Enjoy those lights from HSN.  I like them, but don't have a garage or suitable place for them.  Hope your DIL likes the sweatshirt, and you enjoy the little ring.  Like you, I enjoy seeing how others decorate for the holidays.  One of my neighbors really goes all out, and I always take time to admire her decorations when I pass by her house on my morning walks.

Hi Jean.  It is difficult to believe school is almost back in session.  I'm sure deciding whether or not to go back this year is a difficult choice for you.  Staff turnovers can make a difference in how you feel about working.  Glad you are finishing up on the easy pays.  While I sometimes purchase things on easy pay, I almost always pay the full amount as soon as I decide it is a "keeper".   Somehow I feel like easy pays are hanging over my head.

It has been a nice day for me so far at least.  Yesterday after doing my hospice deliveries I did have trouble with that road closure when I went to the grocery store(s), but I believe the intersection is finally open.  What a relief after 8 days!

This morning when I went to the hospice office the office manager and I talked for a while, and then she introduced me to the manager (boss) who is delightful.  Caring and competent women who are great for hospice.

After going to drop off the mailings at the Post Office, I went to the gym where I saw a lady who I know from previous times at the gym.  Anyway, she was very nice and greeted me.  We discussed how we felt during the height of COVID times, etc.  She is tiny and very fit -- a line dance teacher, I think.  Anyway, she always dresses very nicely when she goes to the gym, and today was wearing a very pretty blouse plus nice shorts/pedal pushers.  Despite to working out hard, she wasn't sweating.  I on the other hand, was sweating like crazy.  I think sweat is supposed to be good for you, but not good when all that water comes down in your eyes.  I wouldn't want to ruin a nice blouse like she wore.

No big plans for the rest of the day.  I hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Fressa @Fressa   We got rain last night before I went to bed and it kinda surprised me.  It was a beautiful day here in SE Michigan.  Very low or no humidity and temps in the 70's.  I should be able to cut the grass tomorrow.  I bought the American West Big Deal in the picture jasper (20 inch).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat  wow school's almost back in session already.  Michigan schools lost lots of teachers too.

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte  Between you and me I think not sweating while exercising is unnatural Woman Very Happy Woman Wink