Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, JULY 20)

[ Edited ]

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a sunny day right now and cooler but rain for the next several days is in the forecast. I started the day with getting in 32 minutes of exercise. I will do more later today.

Well, I actually broke over and made a Q purchase...make that 2! First, one can be classified as a need. On the QF show, they had pants I like in expresso. I do not have any in that color or in brown in my newer size. Black, brown and gray are my "school uniform" pants or ones I reach for all the time.

The second purchase was actually a reward as I've dropped my weight down into a new "decade" as well as weight classification. A Kipling crossbody bag in rust is coming home to me for Fall use.

Now, to begin the practice of restraint again. The problem with shopping with me is like good candy; I can't have just one. I know this so I watch purchases carefully.

I actually like the TSV but since I am short, I am afraid it might be too long on me. As a result, I'm not ordering it despite the blue being a color I look good in and no longer have.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely one day at a time!

ETA: Spoke too quickly; here comes the thunder and rain. Good-bye, sunshine!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, JULY 20)G

[ Edited ]

Hello Jean @KonaKat  You know I'm going to ask - what's the name of the Kipling bag you ordered? 

I just got home from making a bi-weekly run to the recycling center.  I also went to Burger King with a coupon for 2 whopper juniors and 2 small fries.  I added cheese, held the mayo and came home with alot of food for under $5.  I just ate almost all of it.  I've had a craving for a couple of days. I can say confidently that after all of that food, I won't be eating again until tomorrow morning Smiley Very Happy

The humidity increased enough this morning for me to close windows and kick on the A/C.  I heard we could get rain tonight, tomorrow and possibly on Sunday.  Bring it on because we really need it Woman LOL  Well, as long as it isn't violent or too stormy Woman Embarassed

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--I got the Alvar in Rust. A293833.  I just finished having lunch; it is a good thing Burger King and friends are over an hour away as I wouldn't mind having a good burger right now.

Storms can come on so suddenly and create problems. I took that Duck Ride in Branson two years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it. That Lake area is beautiful but I never thought of how quickly a storm and high winds could come in and affect the safety of riders.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KonaKat  I don't often eat meat and actually the urge was for onion rings.  I met myself in the middle, looked at the coupons I had and went with the 3.99 deal.  

From a fast food perspective, if I get an urge for a burger I go with Burger King because it's flamed grill and I tell myself the fat is dripping off of it.

I like the red-rust color that you chose in the Alvar.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, JULY 20)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Glad you got your exercise in and have lost weight, etc., Jean.  Way to go.  Hope you like the bag you ordered. I will wait to look at it until later.  I'm afraid my wanty will be screaming.  It should be pretty hot today with a slight chance of rain.  They are issuing excessive heat warnings for next Monday and Tuesday. Hopefully, my AC will meet the challenge.  I saw the TSV on the petite model, and it looked like way too much fabric to me.  So, I'm not planning to order.  I really wish Susan would have a basic liquid knit top as a TSV -- no cold shoulder, no peplum, no print.  Dream on....

Hi Bernie.  I like the junior whoppers myself.  I will need to remember to ask for no mayo.  Carl's Junior also has a flame grilled hamburger that I like, but it does not come in the smaller size like the Whopper Junior.  LIke you, I really like onion rings sometimes.  But, I don't often have meat, etc.

That was a terrible tragedy in MO.  

The bees are gone, thank goodness.  Now I can walk near that house again.

My throat is still bothering me, and I was so bothered about it that I took action.  First, I called the nurse hotline from my insurance, and then I set up a teledoc consultation.  The doctor prescribed an antibiotic which I should be able to pick up from the pharmacy later.  

I had never done the Teledoc thing before, but DD and family have had good luck with it.  The last time I had an issue (sore hip), it took more than a month to get an appointment and shot, so I was thinking of going to urgent care.  However, urgent care has not worked well for me in the past.  They misdiagnosed me one time, and another they sent me to the ER.  

Since DH can't tell me if he is in any pain, I have contacted the nurse to see if she wants to look at his throat and see if he might have a problem.  That is difficult since he does not like to open his mouth, but......

I have had so much trouble with swallowing, I have not been able to eat much at all.  Down to yogurt and lukewarm tea with honey.  Even drinking water can be painful.  So, I sure hope this medicine helps.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--That teledoc is a great concept. I do hope your throat feels better soon. Swallowing can be so difficult when one has a severe sore throat.  Also, I do hope the nurse is able to check DH's throat.  I also agree with you about the need for a basic SG top.

It has done nothing but storm and rain all afternoon. It was as dark as early night. The street lights came on when it got dark. While it stormed, Midnight and I spent time with the Kindle and a legal novel. I am also hungry from all the discussions about Whoppers.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, we had severe thunderstorms last night and light drizzle all morning.  I washed the floors and quickly went to get a few groceries before the next round of storms got here.  I am so glad that I did the laundry on Wednesday.  So sad about Duck incident in MO.  We did the Ducks a few years ago and  enjoyed it.   We were lucky last night because IA had lots of tornadoes.

Bird Mama. I think that you are going to get our weather.  Wet off and on until Sunday morning.  It is bad for our county fair because the tractor pull last night was canceled & it looks iffy for tonight's events.  I don't like burgers real well, but BK is where I choose to go.  I like the Whopper Jr too.

Linda L, I hope that your throat is better real soon.  I used our immediate care at our local Shopko once and I was impressed with the service.

I sent my DH downtown to pay our property taxes.  They are due before we get back from vacation.  Then I sent him to the grocery store to get garlic bread which I forgot to get this morning.  It looks like storms soon.

I am me making spaghetti and meatballs for supper.  SF cheesecake with light cherry pie filling for dessert.

I hope that we have a nice evening with my niece and gn.  

Hugs to all of you.