Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, JULY 17)

[ Edited ]

Greetings, shopping friends. I hope you are having a wonderful day. If not, focus upon finding some positives in it, regardless of how small.

It is cooler today, and I spent an hour working on the shrubbery. It is slowly getting there. My reward? I've been debating the Big Deal QF pants and then the SG striped wide leg pants, as well as her cargo pants.

Normally, I would have purchased two of something I was really debating, but this time I purchased one of the QF and one of the SG striped leg pants.A308250.If they are winners and still in stock, I can always purchase one or both of them later.  There is also "as is" to check out later.

I am gearing up to hear our governor speak on his Friday update regarding Covid-19 and the economy, etc. I know we just had our 100th death from Covid-19. I'm prepared for those who will ask the question, "What did they really die of?" These are the same who choose not to wear a mask because of violation of their rights plus the doubt the virus actually exists in a threatening manner.

It is great that Susan's hand surgery is bringing her relief, and we hope Glenda's dental procedure went well. I know that Linda is feeling much more comfortable with her new AC in Arizona as Fressa is hers. It made moving an office to her home much easier.

I will be going to the city tomorrow for a badly needed hair cut, as well as picking up  a grocery order from WalMart. This is the 3rd time I have used the pickup service, and it is great.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely. If you venture out, do so with all the safety precautions in mind.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, JULY 17)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  They are predicting cooler temperatures here as well with a high of 96 degrees. Don't think that I'll need a sweater or anything, but.....  We may have some storms in the afternoon, and our area could certainly use the rain.

Hope you didn't overdo things this morning, and you like the pants that you ordered.  Have fun in the city tomorrow.

Arizona is still a "hot spot", but doing a little better.  We are down to #2 with Florida being in first place on the COVID Risk Level Map. But, #2 is bad, and our hospitals are filling up.  One of the local school districts has announced they will only be doing remote classes this Fall.  Other Districts are still debating the issue.

I was quite surprised when someone I know questioned whether deaths attributed to COVID might really have been from a different cause.  No comment.

Yesterday, I ordered some more facial sunscreen -- expensive stuff, but I found even "sensitive skin" sunscreens can cause irritation on my face.  At least I found a source less expensive than Amazon with free shipping.  

I have no clue why, but I didn't sleep well at all last night.  Hope I do better tonight.

It was warm, but not too bad on my walk this morning.  I have my hospice mailings to do today, but nothing else of note. 

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I do hope the sunscreen for your face works well. In your area, it certainly is needed with the intense sun. It.is a time of great uncertainty, so we really don't know what lies ahead. I know it is surprising to many Americans that no country will admit them now unless for a special reason.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Just checking in quickly this morning.  My dental visit went pretty well.  It took longer to get me numb on the bottom than to extract 3 teeth.  My appointment was at 3:15 & I was leaving the clinic at 3:40.  My dentist is very good, so I am happy with him.  The bleeding didn't completely stop until about 11:00 p.m.  so I  had to send my DH to Wal-Mart for more gauze pads. 

The dental clinic called me this morning to see how I am doing & I am doing well.

I am hungry, so I sent my DH out for lunch.  He will be going out for supper too.  I don't want to smell food right now.  I had applesauce for breakfast.  I got groceries yesterday and stocked up on applesauce, pudding and jellos.  I am missing my morning cup of caramel cappuccino coffee which is a no no.

I have to start rinsing my mouth out with warm salt water several times a day starting this afternoon until Sunday.  Yuck 😝😝😝! 

It's going to be a lazy few days for me.  It's going to be very hot over the weekend.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny and hot today. (in the low 90's). Storms seem to be scattered in the weekend forecasts but so far no high wind or  tornado in views. YIPPEE. 

Twinny70--Glad to hear that your oral surgery was rather quick and you are home and recovering. 

Susan---Belated Happy Birthday!!1 

KomKat--I hope you enjoy your new clothing items. Once in a while we do need to treat ourselves.Everybody/pet needs a treat once in awhile. It's what keeps us going for the in-between time.

Early this morning we had a knock on our door. The dogs were up the steps in a flash. No "issues" with our male who does have problems with the steps. It was the township sewer company. UGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  There is an access tunnel inbetween our properties that they have to install new pipe to both the top and bottom streets. No specific dates. (typical) but he spray painted numbers and arrows on the street (so reassuring???) He pointed at a flowering bush/tree and said that's coming down. We mentioned our solar lights and the (new) mailbox post/planter and he said they would work around them. We told him we heard that years ago and those guys broke it all and just left it. We will remove the lights if asked but the mailbox stays put. He seemed fine with it so I have my fingers crossed. My head is hurting already. I'm so glad I have line insurance.....just in case.

I didn't even know that this was another CIJ day. I'm thinking that's a good thing for me. I don't need another holiday item but I love to window shop. I've had mixed luck with the fairy lights. I have BLights and Scott Brothers. The B Lights seem to be better IMO. Ot may just be the battery box that is the problem. At any rate, I just replaced them with a battery tea light and it looks fine. Problem solved and no purchase neecessary. 

I didn't get out for any errands this week but I'm going to cross my fingers for next week. I may bath the dogs on Saturday and that will be it for the weekend. I'm still a work in progress with the "pacing yourself" thing. LOL

Stay safe & comfy.

Have a good afternoon/evening. 

Esteemed Contributor

Glenda--It is so good that your dental procedure went well, and that you prepared in advance with the purchase of soft foods. I really like it when a place calls to check up on you when having a procedure done. Enjoy your carry out lunch and dinner. It isn't only the smell of food cooking;you need to  recuperate and be treated.

Fressa--I hope that pipe installation doesn't turn into a super mess for you. After your prior experience, it is understandable you would be cautious this time. Some crews don't always treat others property as if it was their own. CIJ window shopping can lead to CIJ buying but you handled it well. Sometimes a little replacement saves major dollars that can be used elsewhere.

I had to go to the drugstore again as another pres cription had been refilled. I was tempted yesterday not to go yesterday when they called as something told me to wait. Had I waited, one trip would have done it when in a lazy mood on a hot day. I did notice the drugstore had a big supply of hand sanitizer on display. I have some in my Walmart grocery pickup, so I didn't get any but if it turns out that the WalMart one disappears before I get there, then I will try locally. Certainly  don't need TP; the drugstore had more than an adequate supply--and so do I.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Susan, happy birthday to you.  I am glad that your carpal tunnel surgery is out of the way.  

Linda L, I was happy for you when you posted that your DD was going back to CC.  It's never too late to learn.  

ETA: My mouth feels good so far.  Supper was a SF strawberry jello & a SF orange vanilla cream bar from Aldi's.  This frozen bar was yummy.