Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, JULY 1)

Good Afternoon!  It was cloudy and nice on my walk early this morning.  There is a possibility of rain this afternoon, which would be great.  Hope those of you who live in areas that need rain get some.  

I took the undelivered box back to the hospice office this morning, and they were very nice about it.  The director's husband is the other person who regularly delivers supplies, and he drives a Jeep.  The director told me that he would be happy to deliver to that client next week.  I'm still not happy that I didn't make the delivery, but relieved that it will be taken care of by him.  You are right, Bernie -- not the safest way for a lady (particularly an older and small one) to find herself.  

DD and family decided to join the "Y", and she said it was a very nice place with three swimming pools, etc.  And, their fence was approved by the HOA plus it may be completed by the end of next week.  I know that they will be very happy to have the fence with their two small dogs.

I had a Walmart pick-up at noon, and it went very well.  Everything was in stock plus they brought it right out.  I didn't buy all that much, but wanted to get a few things plus more for the food bank(s).  I need to buy gasoline, but the lines were pretty long when I drove by, so I plan to do so later today or over the weekend.

No TSV for me.  I like IM's pima cotton shirts, but have plenty plus I don't care for the style.  Hope any of you who order the TSV or other items here or elsewhere like them very much.  

I read plus Jane mentioned at Midnight that they are no longer planning to give previews of the TSVs or have the special price after 24 hours.  Since I very rarely order the TSVs, not a big deal for me. Years ago, I was very excited about the offerings for fashion day, gem day, etc., but that time is past.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, JULY 1)

Hi Linda @LindaLatte  I awoke to a cloudy day and wasn't sure if I was going to benefit from the cold front moving across the state.  It's funny, I heard a deep rumble of thunder in the distance and then nearly jumped out of my skin when a minute later a loud clap of thunder hit above my house.  We had some rain and there looks like more will fall through the evening (fingers crossed).  I didn't bother mowing the grass last weekend because it had been so dry I didn't want my grass to burn.  I'll probably give it a trim on Sunday. 

I'm happy to read that the director's husband is agreeable to driving off road to deliver supplies.  You wouldn't think you would need to be suspicious of folks who need hospice supplies but the world is crazy.

Joining the Y is a good way to meet people and it sounds like they have ample pools for the community.  I'm so glad your daughter is able to install a fence for her pups.  I remember when I was looking for a house, I told my eldest sister who was my real estate agent, that I had to live somewhere that was already fenced or allowed a fence. My dog Max was alive at the time and that a dealbreaker kind of 'have to have'.

It wasn't all that long ago when there used to be anticipation over the Q's TSV.  Folks would share upcoming TSV information they received via email and there was a poster who would list the vendors having TSVs for the month.  I cannot remember her name, darn.

I agree that the price should be available for 24 hours and that's it.  Giving a preview maybe a day or two before does help generate some excitement.  When I first started watching the Q in 2008 I used to try stay up until midnight to catch the TSV when it was teased ahead of time and something I was interested in seeing presented live. 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Glad you are having some rain, Bernie.  I do like having a little advance notice about the TSV, and sometimes make it a point to watch if it is something I might like to order. But, stretching out things for days makes them not very special.

Just to clarify, I was not suspicious of the hospice client, but they live in a very remote area with roads much better suited to all-wheel drive vehicles than mine.  Even the "better" (paved) roads on the way to their house had signs warning about the dips plus the possibility of flooding.  And, there was some rain in that area.  Around here, heavy rains can result in flooding and people needing to be rescued from their cars.  There is even an Arizona Stupid Motorist Law which can result in fines for people who require rescue when they ignore the flooded road warnings -- go around barricades, etc.  Not that I would try to do so, but....

I agree completely about the need for a fence if you have a dog. 

Honored Contributor

My sisters in law in AZ have told me about flash flooding that traps motorists Linda @LindaLatte   

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte--Good news that the hospice director will handle that out of the way delivery. Times are different now and it's good to be a bit more safety minded for both yourself and the vehicle. 

isn't it a bonus when your order if filled with everything on your list? Small things make a day. I'm trying to catch most of the "in store" unadvertised specials at our market. I've saved enough with those to pay for most of the increase on the produce. It all adds to the total $$.

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---TSV's reverting back to only 24 hours is an interesting change. I wonder if it's a supply issue? I like the advance preview but only because it's a conveince to decide when to watch or run errands. LOL  I'm awake at midnight so I'll watch the preview then. i do quite a bot of window shopping ( gift giving) but much less purchasing. My focus is on saving and the big ticket repair items for the house.

We had a thunderstorm and rain last night that curbed some of the locals from setting off the "rockets". The ground is still wet this morning and it's overcast. Hopefully, the flowers and tomatoes will have enough water until dinnertime. 

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---We get some flash flooding around here. There are very few signs up in those areas. I guess they figure most people are long time locals and just "know". The worse ones were out West in the mountains. Those drops offs took my breath away.