Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, JULY 1)

[ Edited ]

Good morning, shopping friends.  I guess the Q has finished with its 30th birthday celebration but has now launched Christmas buying. I guess we will now be exposed to products never sold during the rest of the year, and that includes gadgets to make life easier but sold in cute packaging. If you tire of the Christmas pitch now, HSN is now beginning its birthday celebration.

I just finished watering the plants on the deck. So far, they appear to be survivng my lack of attention but they supposedly didn't require frequent watering. Time will tell. They are some type of ground cover I bought at Lowes but could also be used in containers, a method I used.

I have a couple of packages awaiting my pick up at the Post Office. One is the NatureMade CholestOff gel caps which Bernie suggested as being good, and which the reviews at Amazon confirm that it is a great product. Time will tell. The other is a shipment of WEN.

I know many of you will be making plans for the holiday in celebration of our nation's birthday. Have a safe one if you venture out on the highways or via air. I plan a quiet one at home, unless I make a run to the city for a movie, etc.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

Independence Day.jpg

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, JULY 1)

[ Edited ]

HEllo Ladies.....clouds are starting to roll in and it's very humid...have warnings out for "serious" weather coming in gor later.....of course my DH just got in from watering all my flowers....but it won't hurt them.

No plans here for the 4th of July...at least so far .  I am still nursing my finger , the infection is gone but still have to change bandage every day etc....the dr is saying I may have to have some PT since I have not been able to use that finger.

Snicks I happened to look at this thread late last night and saw the pix of the dress /jacket you put on....it's very nice.....any plans as to where you will be wearing it?

That's about all from here....hope your husband had a good night LindaL and his hand and foot swelling has gone down.

Kathleen hoping you and your DH find jobs that are in the same area so no long commuting is involved.   Your sailor DD s sure getting an experience of a lifetime!

HI to butterfly 123..,hope you are doing better.       Have a nice day everyone...Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Guess I wasn't a winner of any of the 30th anniversary prizes -- not a surprise, but....  Christmas seems very far away, and I do not need another decoration or gift idea.  However, I am pretty tempted by the TSV since I think they could be used for non-Christmas decorating as well.  Time will tell if I am successful in resisting the temptation.  I have a couple of VPH items that I use year-round, and it is great not having to store things off-season.

Good luck with your plants, and I hope that product works well for you. 

It is cloudy again this morning, and we are expecting rain.  It should be warmer and sunny over the weekend.  I am sort of liking this cooler/cloudy weather.  

The nurse is having a new sleeping pill for DH delivered today.  It is just a 5-day trial amount, and I sure hope it helps.  He slept better last night (not great), but is very sleepy again this morning.  She does not know what is causing his swelling, but she took a note of it.

Snicks posted a picture of a dress and jacket she ordered from HSN yesterday evening, and I fell in love with both.  I ended up ordering the dress since I am looking for one to replace a many years old citiknits dress that I recently donated.  It was beginning to show its age, and I certainly got a great deal of wear from that dress.  While I don't wear dresses that much in the winter/cooler time, I like them in the summer when my legs aren't so pale, and I don't need to wear stockings/pantyhose.  Hope you don't mind my imitation, snicks.  I sort of doubt that we would show up at the same place wearing the dress, which I ordered in raspberry.

Nothing exciting planned for today, but hopefully some cleaning and de-cluttering will be accomplished.

Waves to Kathleen, Arlene, twinny, Bernie, snicks, Essie, Susan, Marijane (hope your finger is better soon), Charlene, Rosa, Gayle, pinky ann, Barbara, LindaR, butterfily, Karen, meallen, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good holiday weekend everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

P.S. I have so many of those baskets, Charlene.  I have found them great for various storage purposes, but a few have been donated.  Good for you with the sewing.

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAYW AT A TIME (FRIDAY, JULY 1)

Good morning all and thanks @KonaKat, for the start. I like to watch some CIJ programming, sometimes, but haven't watched any so far. I don't need or want any more Christmas decor, finally managed to get down to just the right amount last year.

I also watered my plants in pots this morning, although they are now saying that in the next 2 days we can expect up to 8" of rain. We need rain but not that much in two days, it will run off and cause flooding.

@Genny1, gosh, glad the infection is gone from your finger, hope you regain full use of it through PT, if necessary.

We have not set plans for the 4th either this year, may have som

e people come by to swim during the day.

I really don't have any plans on where I will wear the dress and jacket, lol, just thought it was very nice, for the price, and could be worn for many occasions, I don't have much by way of dresses in my closet and I have always liked Hal Rubenstein clothing.

@LindaLatte, hope the new sleeping pills help DH.

I'm glad you liked the dress also, I'm pretty sure we won't end up wearing it to the same place at the same time, lol. I also got the raspberry, very pretty color.

I have been mowing this morning, got the trimming done with the push mower, but when I got on the rider, the battery was dead. I have it hooked to the charger now and will be heading back out soon to see if it will start now. Will be giving both bathrooms a quick cleaning later, and that's about it for my day. May take a swim later. Grilling steaks for dinner.

Hope everyone has a nice long holiday weekend. Waves to all...

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAYW AT A TIME (FRIDAY, JULY 1)

Marijane--I do hope your finger improves soon with no need of physical therapy.  Also, let's hope those serious weather warnings are not realized.

Linda--I wasn't the winner of any 30th Anniversary prizes either, so you are not alone in this. I hope the new sleeping pill for DH works.  Enjoy the dress.

Snicks--That is a lovely dress and jacket; I know you will make good use of it as it looks very versastile. It is good that you got more mowing done this morning.

I was channel surfing when I saw this "wonder" product on HSN being pushed for the sagging neckline. The comment was made that people who are always running around looking down at their smart phone, etc. will have a 10x increase over sagging neck skin. There will be many teens with neck skin down to their knees by the time they are "aging" and showing neck lines.

It is getting cloudy outside so it looks as if bad weather is about to materialize. I didn't check the forecast as I  had no plans other than to function inside the house. There is always something to do.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

I am still waiting for the Dr. to call about lab work that was done yesterday.  I had to give a urine spec.  BM & lab work.  Luckily it all happened at once.  I am on a bland diet, so DH is with friends at the nice Italian restaurant.  We will play cards later.

DH & I have plans for Monday.  We want to go to a little church that has a nice  lunch & 4 good bands all for $5.00.   I took accordion lessons with 2 of the guys that have very popular bands.  

I will read your posts later.  I also have an appointment to get my hair cut at 4:00.  Vacation next week is making me nervous.

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Trusted Contributor

Cute meallen...I love  Snoopy....thanks.

I hope you hear soon about your lab wok Twinny.

Just had a weather alert for Tornado watch till 10 pm.  Still sunny but very humid out.

Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - I hope you will all be safe through upcoming rain and storms.  Still sunny and hot here.

I did a real number on myself this morning.  My DH was outside repairing a car.  I was doing some weeding.  He came over and asked for my help for a minute.  As I was stepping over the short white picket fence I tripped and did a face plant on the concrete.  I hit really hard and broke my prescription glasses.  My DH took me to the doctor.  She said that she doesn't think anything is broken, unless it's a hairline fracture in my cheekbone.  She warned me that I'm going to be very sore and black and blue.  At the  moment what hurts the most are my elbows, I can hardly move my arms.  Now I have a good excuse to take it easy for a few days.

Waves to all  ~  Charlene 

Honored Contributor

@cerb, gosh I am so sorry. I bet that hurts like the dickens. Hope you heal up and feel better soon.
"To each their own, in all things".