Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, JAN 10)

Good morning, shopping friends. Great weather here with a high expected of 65 today. This is my idea of Winter.

I need to go to the Post Office and pick up QVC orders of popcorn, Pereia storage units that were ordered before the TSV, and also those Denim & Co original pants they have had for years but still fit well and last well. I haven't ordered any of them for a couple of years. I just know the recent pants from different lines haven't fit as they should despite ordering according to garment measurements.

I am using this day to recover from working the past 3 days plus odds and ends around the house. I had considered going to the city today to pick up my new glasses and to gete my nails done, but I am too tired to spend over two hours on a challenging road. There is always tomorrow. I don't even want to leave the comfort of the house to go to the post office to pick up those packages and any mail. In the meantime, FedEx delivered to my house yesterday Midnight's order from Chewy.

I watched Bob Mackie's presentation this morning and did like his pants but I don't need more pants right now. I always enjoy hours featuring Bob.

I am glad tthat Charlene's DH has had the test completed, and I agree that men need to speak out about health issues. My father died of pancreatic cancer. When he first started developing symptoms, he refused to go to the doctor and blamed discomfort, etc on my mother's cooking. Men don't seem to go to doctor's when they should.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, JAN 10)

[ Edited ]

Good morning shopping buddies!  Enjoy the warm weather! We had light snow yesterday and early this morning. Much more is coming starting Sunday, and lasting through next week. I have been anxiously awaiting this. Yaaaay! Let the snowball battles commence.

The flu really kicked me in the rear, but I kicked back, and am feeling much better-no more fevers!

@KonaKat  I hope all goes well with your trip to the Post Office. Sounds like you have been busy ordering.😊 I am going to check my HSN favorites, and take advantage of the 20% coupon.😁 I intend to shop wisely though.😉

I am so sorry to read about your father, and you are so right; men tend to minimize symptoms, and not seek treatment early on. I think things are changing somewhat, but more education still needs to be done. 

Have a great day everyone.😊

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles  Enjoy your snow; better you than me. I think it is pretty as long as I don't have to get out in it or drive our challenging roads. Enjoy shopping wisely with your 20% off coupon at HSN. Now, that I have the items I wanted at the beginning of the year, I think it will be easiser for me to resist purchasing.  I just use the method of thinking how long I have to work to pay for the item. Usually that stops a purchase if it is a "want" and not a "need" item.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's back to raining and somewaht cool today and probably tomorrow. Cold weather is suppose to return but never soon enough for us. This weather just makes my migraines and allergies bloom. (including the dogs).

Prayers and good thoughts to Charleen and her husband.

I have to do a few errands today that I didn't accomplish yesterday. I was in the market forever. Wait in line for the prescription. Wait in line to check out. ( I bag the stuff myself which saves me about 20minutes plus) and wait in line for the ground beef special price to be restocked in the case. I know better than to come back later. I never seem to get there in time.

I did cave and order the TSV yesterday--one set for each closet. I decided that I was going to give my back a break and convert some of that heavy bedding and stacks of t shirts into those cubes. I think I may actually gain some space. Fingers crossed. It takes a while but I'm finally seeing progress so I'm all gun-ho to see more I think I just want to see a project completed before Spring. We'll see how it goes.

I'm still checking webstes to spend my gift cards and bonus cash and am surprised by the "sale" prices. I was searching for an extra pair of king cotton pillowcases and was shocked. Of course, I'm always in sticker shock even if I'm buying scotch tape. LOL!

Have a good afternoon/evening. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Fressa  It sounds like you're off to a great start with your organizing! It's such a rewarding experience when you can step back, take a deep breath and smile at your accompishments.

Have fun using your gift cards! I never get tired of shopping, but my shopping budget is going to be a little less this year, because of higher prices. That won't stop me from taking advantage of sales though.😁

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Esteemed Contributor

I will read your posts tonight.

I had labs/Dr followup & a cortisone shot in my left elbow this morning.  Ouch is all I can say.  We had a good breakfast & brought 1/2 home for lunch.

My DH left to go to a few errands and when he came back to get me, he had no idea where I was.  I was also lost because my rheumatologist moved in November to an entirely different floor.  Right now I have no idea where to go for my GP follow-up appointment on Monday.  

No gym and no nothing for me until Monday.  It's a good thing that I have some good books to read.  Dinner is out.

My labs are good so I don't have to worry all weekend about them.  

Off for some ice and a pain pill. My DH is at the gym.  

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Hello all,  I have a theory about the ease with which women speak of various cancer screenings (breast, uterine, ovarian, colorectal).  The cancer screenings for women involve a whole lotta manhandling in my opinion.

I can't be the only one who remembers her first 'comprehensive' gyn appointment and frankly no amount of discussion ahead of time prepares a young woman for that Woman Surprised 

Mammograms, regardless of bust size, involve a whole lotta pulling and stretching as though what is being examined is not attached to anything living.

I never had the pleasure of carrying a child and my heart bleeds for pregnant women - if you're doctor is part of a practice, each doctor gets a chance to examine you and when it comes time for delivery - everybody needs to take a look or measurement.

Maybe some women take it in stride better than others I don't know.  I was never comfortable in those stirrups and I adored my old doctor who is now dead.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I am bracing myself for some ugly weekend weather that involves flood warnings, freezing rain and potential power outages.

I received my aeropilates reformer this afternoon.  UPS dropped it on the front porch (the kid was nice) and I managed to get all 65 lbs of it into the house and assembled.

Suffice it to say, I've had my exercise for the day Woman Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

This weather is odd. I didn't feel well so I spent the afternoon reading after rescuing the packages from the Post Office. Hopefuly, I won't be expeccting any packages soon. Resistance is not futile!!

Bernie--The first thing I did after getting up from my afternoon reading was to turn on the Weather Channel which was in the midst of issuing alerts for your area. Contrast that to our record high temperatures expected tomorrow. Yes, you got in your exercise for the day.

Fressa--Enjoy your storage items when they arrive. The earlier version of this is still on the back seat of my car as I didn't feel like doing anything with them today. Like you, I hope to get things more organized and easily accessible.

Twinny--I have had cortisone shots that didn't hurt much but I have also had some that hurt. Whatever, the brief moment of pain is worth the relief they bring. I do hope your appointments go well.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening!  Cooler here than in your area, Jean.  It only made it up to the mid 50's today, and is going down to the upper 20's or 30 degrees tomorrow morning.  I need to cover my plants.  I think it should warm up a little next week.

Glad you got your orders from the Post Office, but i am sorry you aren't feeling well.  

Waves to Fressa, Sandy Sparkles, Bernie, twinny, and all of our posters and readers.  DGD is still waiting to hear about her scan.  I hope Charlene's husband's scan went better than expected.

My hospice visit yesterday afternoon was pretty wild.  I was helping out the daughter of an elderly couple. Her Mom is on hospice (heart disease and dementia) and her Dad is getting a pacemaker.  He seems to be in much better shape than his wife, but he won't do anything without her, and she can't do much any longer.  They have outlived their money and energy, and the daughter is trying to find a house to rent because they can no longer afford the nice senior place where they are living.  Many things happened during my visit, and then the daughter came home early, because she had the wrong day for her Dad's appointment.  She has her hands full to say the least.

Glad you got the snow you wanted, Sandy Sparkles.  Like Jean, I'm not a fan except for when it is in the mountains where I don't need to drive.  It is pretty, but....  

Good luck with your organizing, Fressa.

I have only had two cortisone shots twinny -- one in my hip that really helped, but one in my knee that did not (and hurt).  Glad your labs were good, and have a nice dinner out.

Glad you got your pilates and got it set up, Bernie.  That was a lot of exercise.  

I went to my exercises classes this morning, and then to UPS to mail back my cable equipment.  Then, I went to the grocery stores, etc.

Hope those pants work for you Jean.  I used to have lots of them, and loved them.  But, the last ones I ordered didn't fit well at all -- too long and baggy.  I think if I order again, it will be the petite version.

Sleep well everyone!

Hugs,

Linda