Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, FEB. 7)

Good morning, shopping friends. I am at  home. We finally got snow. It combined with the increasing absenteeism from the flu resulted in them closing school.

I've been pretty good with my exercise, doing it for around an hour each day but not at all same time. I earned over 11,000 steps for each of the past two days.

I did order the TSV as it was reasonally priced with free shipping. I also got the duo set of QF tops. I got one of these sets last year and the quality was good for the price of the set or around $25 each.

QVC is back on the air after the tornado alert ended. Previously recorded footage of Jane selling jewelry was used. When the Q went off, I went to the Weather Channel and spotted the tornado warning.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, FEB. 7)

Hello Ladies, we did not get the snow or Ice Jean but it's pouring.  A few degrees colder and we would be covered in ice.  I saw up in Maine they haD the ice and I think the whole state is closed down...I haven't heard from my son yet.     My DD in  Vt has been off from school  2 days due to ice up there too.Also had an alert about tornado warnings in southern NJ.  I don't think I have seen the sun in ages.  I was planning to go out to the store this morning but looking at the rain I think I am deciding against it.    I have not seen the special value for today... late ..yesterday I had an email from the q saying my order had been delivered...I had ordered several pairs of  D &  C jeans they had on special pricing for their spring special pricing the other day.......I don't think I have ever received an email ever saying my order has been delivered. By the way the jeans  fit great...I think they were " new".....straight legs,numerical sizing...pull on.

Thats about all...stay safe everyone in this crummy weather area.      Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane--You are fortunate to escape the ice. I don't get emails anymore announcing any special deals, but I do get the ones notifying me of what I had ordered, and also deliveries. Enjoy the Denim & Co. pants.

I could get energetic and do something around the house but after work this week, I am enjoying relaxing with no demands on me. In addition to the Mally TSV, I also picked up her kit of shadows, blush, etc. to use when traveling.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  You are doing great with your exercise.  I am in a "FitBit challenge" where we are not competing against one another, but trying to reach a group goal.  I guess they based our individual goals on our last week's numbers, and mine were very high.  So, I decided to try and keep up my numbers despite planning to cut back a bit this week.  I really didn't understand the "rules" when I signed up.

I thought the TSV was a good value, but I wasn't sure about the two color sets that were left.  Hope you like the QF tops as much as you did last year.

Interesting about the tornado warning.  I had the TV on without the sound since I was also listening to the radio while doing some indoor power walking.  I was enjoying Leah's presentation, but walked out of the room to come back to Jane selling jewelry.  That was also on Q2.  I figured something had gone wrong at the Q.  Hope the tornado did not materialize or do damage if they did.

Sounds like a good idea to stay inside when it is pouring, Marijane.  Glad you didn't get ice.  Happy your D&C jeans worked out so well.

I could have gone to an exercise class this morning, but decided against it since I have had two exercise classes already this week plus going to the gym three times.  I will probably go back to the classes once my OLLI yoga class is over at the end of March.

It is sunny and in the 30's here, but should make it up to the 60's later.  It should be even warmer tomorrow.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

We have snow!!! The dogs and I are enjoying it. Of course when I pull the snow blower out to clear their patio probably not so much. LOL  The driveway is deep so I hope my husband can get the car down safely. I had cleared the snow off the back solar lights but by the time I put the dogs out for trip#2 they were covered again. Good thing I didn't start with the driveway first.

I was so glad I did a few errands yesterday and didnt' wait until today. I'm staying in and doing some domestic chores and maybe some more work on the taxes. Now I'm kicking myself that I didn't check the fridge for milk, etc. before I left for the prescription pickup. I was feeling so "off" I just wanted to go and get back. Oh well, there's always "stuff" in the house as I call it. Some times it helps to clear out the fridge and panty.

I did enjoy watcthing gem day and so far i haven't caved on any purchase. What I did like was too expensive or sold out too fast. I reminded myslef this mroning that I still have a stove to purchase and flooring for the lower level. That will certainly bring me back to my budget. My lifestyle is very casual now that I'm retired. I do wear my jewelry but not as much on any given day. I'm a bit clutzy so it's not unusal for me to bend a prong on the washer door or knick something on the door jam while I pulling the Dyson around the corner. 

Hope everyone stays safe wtih all of these storms and be careful with any outside chores. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--I hope your FitBit challenge goes well. You will likely be a leader in meeting your goal. There is something about having reached 10,000 to 11,000 steps to motivate me to do it again...and again. Your weather sounds good in comparison.

Respected Contributor

@LindaLatte @KonaKat @Genny1   Yes, it's been pouring here all day.......pouring SNOW!  When I came to work at 7:30am, it wasn't too awful out, even though there was snow on the roads from the night before.  Because it wasn't snowing much this morning, they never canceled the schools around here, which probably was a mistake.

When I go to the upstairs of the fitness center at this college, I can see Rt. 90, and the traffic is barely moving to the east. The westbound looks OK, but I can't actually see the road.  I usually take that freeway west to my gym when I leave here at 2:00pm, then go to the grocery store after that.  I'm bumming because I don't think I should take the chance with my Mustang in these conditions.  There already were many slid off the road and some wrecks, and they weren't driving Mustangs!

Laura loves cats!
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone - the past several days have been busy doing this and that.  My DS moved his stuff from VA to CA and arrived with a cold.  We've been trying so hard to stay healthy - getting our flu shots, washing hands, cleaning surfaces, etc.  But this morning I seem to have awakened with the beginnings of a cold.  I am worried about my DH getting sick and having to get his surgery postponed.  Pray that he is healthy when the time comes.  

A blessed Friday to all ~ Charlene

Respected Contributor

@cerb    Oh, I hope you and your DH don't get full-blown colds!  I always keep some zinc lozenges around.  At the first sign of a cold or sore throat, I suck on one of those, and I swear it has stopped it many times. IThey are hard on the tummy though (a little nautia), so best to eat something first.  I also take a 50mg zinc tablet with my other vitamins every morning.

I hope you both feel better!

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

Hello all, yea that was weird this morning when Leah was there one minute and next thing I knew I was looking at Jane Woman Very Happy

My property abuts the property of two schools and when I hear that civil defense warning sound any time other than the first Saturday of each month at 1 pm, I look at the skies (also used for tornado warnings) and get ready to head into the basement. 

It's funny, my dad never took the sirens seriously and my middle sister never really did either.  I remember one time back in 1997 we had an unusual tornado outbreak in and around Detroit.  I got home from work before my sister (we shared a house) and I told her, um, you need to take that spaghetti that you just warmed up for dinner into the basement with you.

The sky over our backyard was the freakiest green color and my german shepherd Max knew something wicked was coming because he stood by the basement door and was practically saying words he was so verbal.

I took Max, my sister's cat (why should she pay for my sister's stupidity) and myself into the basement.  Woman Very Happy  My sister eventually joined us and the strong winds ripped through, took down my next door neighbors backyard tree (our property was spared) and tore up a whole lotta Detroit and neighboring communities.

If sirens were going off, I'm glad the Q took is seriously.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise