Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, FEB. 19)

Good morning, shopping friends. I slept until 6am so I got a late start on the day. Despite that, I have added some items to my daily donation pile for my 40 day effort in observance of Lent.

One is a blouse I got at Kohls. I really liked the blouse but for some reason I have not worn it for a long time and rarely worn when I first got it. It is justs one of those choices I made some time ago that did not justify the cost per wearing, so off it goes.

With an abundance of clothes, I don't need the TSV or those fabulous original waist pants right now. I did, however, order that Calista foam to add body to the hair. I currently use the WEN version but wanted to try this as I am getting low.

I don't want to hear the weather report. I am afraid that my hopes of some halfway decent days will be ruined.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely. If you venture out, do so safely. Prayers continue for those experiencing adverse conditions.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, FEB. 19)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you are continuing to declutter.

I saw a little of the Denim & Co. show this morning, and I confirmed my notion not to buy new clothes despite their being cute so long as I have such an overabundance already.  I also realized that the French terry fabric in the TSV is not one I use often.  I like the look, but it is usually too hot or cold to wear them.  So, like your blouse from Kohl's they are rarely worn.  I also prefer 3/4 sleeves or tops made for petites since my arms are a bit short.

Hope the Calista form works for you.

Our weather report is very good -- it was cool (30 degrees) this morning, but we are expecting highs in the low 70's.  Like you, I am praying for those enduring weather hardships at this time.

I have nothing exciting planned for the day.  I took the bereavement mailings to the Post Office and dropped off materials at the hospice office.  My glasses have been digging into the side of my nose, so I took a chance and went to the eye doctor's office.  Fortunately for me, I had a very short wait in the car before being allowed in, and the repair was quick.

I also was able to get an appointment for my Prolia shot next week.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Jean, I am glad that you got a good night of sleep.  Your 40 day donation is a  good way to get rid of  things.   I  hope that your weather gets better soon.  

Linda L, It amazes me how cold  your area is at night.  I am glad that you got your Prolia appt. & your glasses fixed without a long wait. 

We had a sore arm for a few days & nothing else. We were very lucky.

It's a nice day.  The cold weather is behind us.   It was nice in the hot tub today.  We hadn't been in for about two weeks as it kept shutting off when we didn't want it to.  I think it was because of 10 very cold days in a row.   We are expected to be in the upper 30's by Monday.

We are heading to the gym soon.  The first time in two weeks too.

Since we hadn't done anything all week, yesterday was a busy grocery shopping day for us.  Then I was busy shredding things in the file cabinet, making a 🍕🍕🍕 for supper and a cranberry apple dessert for supper. Plus I did 3 loads of laundry.  he

I am so sorry for those without heat, electricity and water.  We keep the thermostat set at 68° during the day, so it's gut wrenching to hear that people are dying from 12° in the house.  Let alone the other terrible things going on.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

ETA: I am wearing a pair of my $1.00 suede leggings to the gym.  They are a beautiful Taupe which is a new color for me & a very nice & warm fabric.

Honored Contributor

Hello all, my goodness I went to Pet Supplies Plus earlier in the week, the grocery store yesterday and will be picking up carryout once my sister calls and tells me she's off of work.  Three excursions in one week, wowwie Woman Very Happy

I get a station called COMET TV and almost 2 weeks ago I stumbled across a program called Tin Man.  It's a 3 part mini series that is a take on the Wizard of Oz.  I caught parts of it, my sister caught part of it and we decided since they are playing the 3 parts tonight back to back I'd call in pizza and breadsticks for the both of us.  She'll pick her food up on the way home and the plan that is that each of us will watch it from home (starts at 6 pm and ends at midnight) and text each other.

Here's hoping I can stay awake until midnight.  Wouldn't you know I woke up at 5 am this morning.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

It's another winter storm day but we are in better shape than Texas so I'm grateful!

I'm hoping the gutters withstand us breaking off the icicles and still look like new (since they are). The list of repairs and replacements for this year is way too long.

I do like the French terry fabric because it works well with the dogs and gardening. My temperature bounces all over the place regardless of the weather so I 've found that I need a variety of fabrics for tops. I have resisted....so far...but only because those white portions are right where I'm the heaviest. (At least, that's what I'm telling myself so I do not press order on the pink and blue...LOL)

KomKat---I love your idea of an item of day for donation during lent. I may try that but also add on a declutter item as an and/or. Thanks for posting it.

LindaLatte-- It sounds like you were at the right place at the right time to get two items accomplished in the same trip. I love to save an extra trip for just one errand. 

Our SnowJoe Blower did another fine job of the heavier snow fall yesterday. It also seems to take less time but I think that's the difference between a gas engine and batteries. Hubby seems pleased with it and I loved the sale price and savings. 

I did watch quite a bit of the garden shows. I only ordered the two items but I always like to see ideas and get the tips. I think it's just relaxing to look at flowers. My gardening thumb is camo in color so it's always exciting if something actually blooms.

Tomorrow we have a "surprise" car shopping day with our son. I'm sending the hubby with him and I'll handle the financial part from home. I'm not going into strange places with all of my "issues". I've done so pre-planning for them and we have a plan. Timing is a bit "rough" on this purchase but those big ticket items seem to go that way. At least, we have an appointment time with a salesperson a car or two selected. Crossing my fingers.

Stay safe & warm

Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Glad you were able to get your glasses adjusted without an appointment. So much protocol as a result of Covid has resulted in many spontaneous or quick arrangements being made.

Bernie--I hope you and your sister enjoy your time together, the pizza and the series. I haven't heard of it but then that would not be unusual for me. I used to be on top of things but not now.

Glenda--Enjoy your time at the gym. Your leggings were a great buy. It was on the news a few minutes ago that a senior citizen had died in her unheated apartment in an area that is almost at a week without power.

Fressa--Car shopping is an experience. I remember my first major one. I read all the reviews, selected some target cars to check out and off to the city I went. I spent a lot of time at the first place and had a very patient salesperson. I spent the rest of the day looking at the other carts, and then went back to the first place. 

We have a big thaw coming up on Monday and Tuesday, something that will be much appreciated.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Jean, I get my entertainment where I can.  Comet TV is an over the air channel and I think the Tin Man miniseries is original programming from the Sci-Fi channel from back in 2007, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise