Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, DECEMBER 3)

Hi Everyone!

We had a wind storm with some rain last night. It blew over the wrought iron arbor (stakes included) and whipped off a strand of garland. Frosty (who is weighted down with bricks inside him) was knocked over and suffered a broken nose. All I kept hinking is that I was so glad that I didn't  put the tree up in the back yard. Heaven knows where that would have been found. We're going to check the roof later today but I think we were lucky. I'm still adjusting to not having so many trees in the back. The patio area and the front porch were fine. 

I'm still trying to get the decorating completed so hopefully by tomorrow that will happen. I've been receiving a few deliveries of items ordered so that's encouraging. I haven't had too much luck with the reaminder of the shopping. UGH!! I sure hope I can get that under control by mid week next week. 

I did watch some of the Q and a few items caught my eye.I didn't order because the dehumidifier is giving signs of trouble so that's on the list for replacement very soon. I  (of course) was in "sticker shock" with the prices for a small unit. In our area it's the same as a small chest freezer. I never noticed that before but I just thought that we've been on a roll with these smaller appliances. Goodness. If anyone has a brand recommendation, I would appreciate it. I have to check Consumer reports but I didn't have too much luck with reviews on line....yet.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, DECEMBER 3)

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  You certainly had quite a storm.  Sorry Frosty got a broken nose. 

Hope you are able to find a dehumidifier that is reasonably priced.  I used to have them in Maryland, but no need in Arizona where it is dry much of the time. 

I forgot to say that I hope you like the slippers you ordered.  I thought they looked nice.

Update on Jean, due to the unavailability of her ride, she had to postpone the procedure until December 13th.

I was able to make the hospice supply deliveries this morning, and had my hair cut and colored (actually just foil treatment) this afternoon.  The hairdresser told me that her Mother was named Linda, and the two other customers she had this afternoon were also named Linda.  I met one, and we had the same middle name as well.  

My new Kindle came early, so I am charging it now.  The holiday party for single women is this afternoon, so I will not be able to do much with it until tomorrow at least.

I was very surprised to receive a letter from a lady in Michigan who received the Kim Gravel jeans I ordered instead of some cables she ordered from Amazon.  Turns out she is 5 ft. 10 inches tall, so the jeans would not have fit in any case.  I find it very strange that we ordered from two different companies.  Anyway, she used the QVC return label.  Not sure if they will send me that pair in addition to the replacement, but it will go back if they do so.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Oh no, sorry about Frosty's nose @Fressa 

Linda @LindaLatte  thanks for the update on Jean.  If I'm remembering correctly she's undergone cardioversion before.  I sincerely hope that the next scheduled appointment for it goes off without a hitch.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte----I received the 2 pair of KG jeans that I ordered. I previously received 1 pair. Status and shipping notification was all over the place. I cancelled the pair that went on waitlist for whatever reason. I ordered up a size and depending on the color they do run smaller than the crop pants I have. The fit in the legs is great. The length of the jean depends on the color. I'm disappointed in the quality control. I will most likely return all of them after the holidays. the length of the jean from the waistband to the top of the leg seems a big short to me. I'm short waisted so that part was odd.  I guess I'm done with trying jeans.s.