Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, DEC. 9)

Thanks everyone for the good wishes.  It is a nice trip.  The hospice nurse called this morning to say that DH was fine when she saw him yesterday.  He was able to get up from a chair and walk to his room, which is a change.  Of course, there are good days and bad days as they say.

Glad you made it home okay, and do not need surgery, Jean.  I had heard similar things about the McDonald's coffee suit from a lawyer who knew quite a bit about the case.  I don't agree with suing unless there is a very good reason.  Certainly not for something that I felt was more or less my fault.  It took quite a lot for me to sue over my car accident.  Not that I thought it was my fault or anything, but I didn't see why the medical bills, etc. should be on my shoulders. 

We are having an early dinner and going downtown for a big music event -- almost every store/restaurant/bar, etc., has some sort of music, and there are also street performers (dancers).  That should be fun.

Waves to all of our posters and readers, and sleep well everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Most people have no idea of the truth behind the McDonalds coffee lawsuit.  "The coffee that burned Stella Liebeck was dangerously hot – hot enough to cause third-degree burns, even through clothes, in three seconds. Liebeck endured third-degree burns over 16 percent of her body, including her inner thighs and genitals – the skin was burned away to the layers of muscle and fatty tissue. She had to be hospitalized for eight days, and she required skin grafts and other treatment. Her recovery lasted two years."

It snowed up here last night, and I really enjoyed it but this morning was a slushy rainy mess. I came down to the bar to use the wifi and sign some papers for the house.  Hugs to all!

Respected Contributor

Now I see Coupon Queen had posted more details.  I'm amazed at how the media is able to gloss over details and really skew public opinion of issues - this case is a good example.  And makes me feel bad for the woman who was burned so badly. Let me not be so quick to judge.

We are invited to an "ugly sweater party" tomorrow so I rushed out to find something to wear.  It's funny I was worrying about what to wear and just found out this morning the sweater theme.  I went to the mall and looked EVERYwhere and found the winner at Target.  

I got this one for DH.  And found this one for myself.  It's very short but cute and looked good on me.

Kyanne has been everywhere with me lately, ,and she's soaking up the love here at the bar.  Time to get back to the grocery store now.

Honored Contributor

Geez, I wasn't talking specifically about this lady. But of all the people who "sue" for a living. Time for me to take a break from this thread, I guess. It's been fun. Happy Holidays ladies.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Snicks--There is no reason to take it personally; it wasn't the lady in question but all the questionnable suits that followed and those who hope to gain a fortune as a result. Unfortunately, most of us remember the McDonalds lawsuit but not the details. That was followed shortly by an individual planting something in their Wendy's purchase. What was  legitimate soon had copycats. Hopefully, you will grace our thread again. Have a great  holiday.

Linda--Continue to enjoy your trip. I know your thoughts are always with DH so it is good that you are being updated.

Kathleen--I saw where you had your snow and you were off to buy gloves. I hope your adjustment to the new area is going well.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.