Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, DEC. 31)

Hi Everyone!

HAPPY NEW YEAR's Eve to all of you!

It's odd weather again today. Cloudy, rain in the forecast for days and in the hight 40-50's. BOO!!!  Most of our neighbors have their Christmas decorations down already. I think they wanted to take advantage of the warmer temps. The hubby really wants to join them on that thinking. I'm going to keep the inside decorations and trees on for another week. I'm not sure what way I'll go with the outside. I'll decide after I have some lunch. 

Today I woke up with an eye infection and feeling like I took a step backward on the flu recovery. I think it's the warm temps. They are not my friend. At least the weekend is near so I should get some extra rest.

The box on the front porch for the "thank you" gifts for the delivery drivers worked well this year. I finally was able to get the gifts to the regular drivers in addition to the extra drivers of the dog food deliveries. The mailman told my husband how appreciative he was of the little gift. The hubby told him that we know he has extra packages to deal with our deliveries and we appreciate how he makes sure they are all safe inside the box. We've had others that just toss them down the driveway or in the planter. 

I've watched some of the Q clearance shows but have resisted any purchasing. Our list of home projects is long and $$ for the coming year so I'm trying to get a head start on saving $. Groceries and prescription prices are up every time I go to the store. Ground beef is on sale for $4/lb  so I hope I can find it in the cooler. Not sure what the blend is but $4 is better tha $7. I'm searching for some of my "old time" recipes for more one pot meals. Gotta balance the books somehow. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, DEC. 31)

We are having record breaking warm temps. We are expecting a freeze this weekend.

NYE what a year. I will be home with the dogs. Neighbors will probably do fireworks. But fortunately my crew aren't affected.

Everyone take care and stay safe.
Esteemed Contributor

Fressa, we are supposed to get 1-3" or 4-6" of snow starting tomorrow afternoon.  We need it and it's better than rain every day of the week.  Then it will be very cold for a few days.  I am a cool/cold weather gal too. Our neighbors has his snowmobiles ready to go.  Vrrrrm!  Lol.  Our grocery prices aren't too bad, but the eggs we bought at $1.29 a dozen last week were $1.49 yesterday.  I went to Qwik Trip and got 2 dozen for 99¢ each.   RX prices are the worst.  We both changed our rx plans for 2022 & will be saving a lot of $$.

I just heard on the radio that Betty White died.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

kittyfan, 🐈🐈🐈 we had record temps last week.  Although I like cold weather, I am glad that we live in the Southern part of our State (WI).  Right now it's cloudy.  

Tonight we are going to get a carry out dinner from Vince's our favorite Italian restaurant.  At Midnight, we will be in the hot tub with a wine cooler.  Then we will sleep like a couple of babies.   We are going to miss our usual card games.

I got an email from my niece last night saying that she has also tested positive for Covid.  Taven had it last fall, so we are praying that she doesn't get it again.  She is doing well with her newly replaced pace maker.  

Happy NYE to all of you. I am looking forward to 2022.  

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

kittyfan---Our neighbors have the fireworks of all kinds. We have 2 dogs. One can't stand the fireworks and just paces and wants rubbed until they're over with. I hold his ears for him so he calms a big. Our female could care less until her brother gets too upset. I'm hoping the rain sends them inside sooner than later. 

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny70--We have snow in the forecast with cooler temps next week.YIPPEE!!!

Our eggs have been close to almost $2 /dozen since after Thanksgiving. I think I'm almost numb at this point to the price hikes. 

We have a good prescription plan but I have quite a few. The pharm tech told me that some prescriptions (especially the breathing, heart, etc. medicine) can change monthly in price depending on the "market". (Generics included) It's the same if you use any of those Good RX, etc. codes. i use whatever is the lowest at the time. I have more than enough on the tax deduction that it's worth what I save in a month. It's till too much. I track it monthly and it takes my breath away. 

Betty White was just shy of her 100th birthday by 15 days. Died in her sleep. What a great career and animal lover.

Honored Contributor

Hello all - a heartfelt Happy New Year to each of you.  I think we're expecting 4 to 5 inches of snow sometime tomorrow (probably closer to evening).  I was genuinely saddened to read about Betty White's passing and I also assumed she passed away in her sleep.  What a remarkable woman Heart

2022 Happy New Year GIF, Download New Year Animated GIFs 2022

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Sorry about your weather and eye infection.  Glad the thank you gifts worked out for you.  That was very kind.  I don't have regular delivery people (mostly Amazon), so I only recognized the postal worker and the trash collection team. 

The weather seems to be a little crazy all over the country -- going from record highs to freezing lows, floods or fires, etc.  Glad your dogs don't mind the fireworks, LindaR.  They were selling fireworks in the grocery store, and one lady was really stocking up. 

Glad you are getting snow you like, Glenda.  Sorry your niece has COVID, and I certainly hope Taven doesn't get it again.  Your New Year's Eve celebration sounds nice.

I met Betty White at a conference, and had a picture taken with her.  I tried to post it on FB, but no luck.  She was extremely nice and warm, and it shows in the picture.  Absolutely devoted to animals.

Hope you enjoy the snow if you get it, Bernie.  We are having rain here, and it is supposed to go down into the 20's on Saturday night.  If it is still cold by the time church is due to start, I think I will watch the livestream instead.  Sitting outside in the cold would detract from the service for me.

The exciting (to me) news is that I have been invited to an early dinner at a friend's house tomorrow.  I know there will be several people (perhaps 6 or so) -- all vaccinated and boosted, but I know there is a risk that I will get a "breakthrough" COVID infection.  A risk I decided to take.

Poor Bev has still not had her surgery.  Yesterday, the surgeon decided that her hemoglobin was stable for several hours, so she didn't need it.  Then, it went way down.  So, he was supposed to operate today, but now the surgery has been postponed again.  Her other doctor is extremely angry at the surgeon, but I guess he can't force him to do the surgery.  

I haven't accomplished too much today, but I got out to the nursery to buy a plant for my friend, and went to the gym.  My plan is to do some cooking and cleaning or at least organizing for the rest of the day.

Hope everyone has a nice New Year's Eve.  I probably will be up until midnight Eastern time, since it is only 10:00 p.m. here.

Hugs,

Linda

Super Contributor

High today was 65 degrees mostly sunny. It is suppose to drop temps tonight and we are expecting sleet/ice and then snow for tomorrow. Really not looking forward to any ice...hope for sleet then snow. The weather here is just crazy!

There will be fire works tonight...Fressa your dogs are like mine one HATES fireworks the other doesn't mind at all !

I wish every one a happy and healthy new year !!!

Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, it's freezing drizzle here now and the salt trucks just went by the house.  Snow tomorrow is more to my liking.  

Linda L, your weather sounds crazy cold.  Have fun at dinner tomorrow.  How nice to have been able to meet Betty White.  She had the cutest dimples.  Poor Bev.

chessielady, 65° is probably warm in your part of the country unless you live in a southern state.  

This afternoon when I was taking some of the Christmas things down, the doorbell rang.  It was a lady that lives the next block over from us.  She is running for a city office next spring and was getting signatures.  We haven't seen her before, but she was very nice.  I told her that I was in the middle of taking down our Christmas things down and not to mind the mess.  Why is it when you are in a big mess somebody shows up?  Bags and boxes everywhere!  I am glad that I took down more things than I was planning to.  

Glenda