Valued Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, DEC. 30)

Hello All,

I had my day all planned today an ended up doing something entirely different.  I ended up taking back a defective coffeemaker to Walmart.  They were so good with the transaction (I couldn't find the receipt) but they allowed an exchange.  I really try to shop in a way that avoids a return if possible but recently I have had to take 4 items back.   Kohls and Walmart were wonderful whereas I felt like Bealls and CVS drugstore was just tolerant with the situation.  It kind of bugged me because I shop quite a bit at CVS and Bealls and therefore, expected a little better. 

Not much going on here.   We don't have big plans for NYE but we would like to be outdoors on the deck and enjoy the evening, weather permitting. 

If I am not online tomorrow....Happy New Years to all.   Gayle

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started Jean.  Sorry about those pants.  I hope you really like the TSV and earrings.  I sort of like the TSV, but I really don't need any new jewelry, so I will not be ordering.  I did order the HSN "knee sleeve" special -- not sure if they will help or not, but my left knee could use some help.  

Waves to meallen, Marijane, Bernie, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers. 

They had a New Year's celebration at DH's facility this morning, and it was very nice.  They had a very accomplished harpist, and she played jazz, as well as Christmas and classical music.  She also told us about the harp, etc.  

After her performance, DH and I walked around, and I fed him lunch.  He was doing quite well, and I will be visiting him again soon.  Meanwhile, a neighbor (older widow) invited me to dinner on Sunday.  She is a good cook, and I am happy for the offer.

Today is youngest DGS' birthday, and they are having a party for him this evening.  Hope that will be a lot of fun for all.  Poor DD is suffering from a migraine, but hopes to feel okay by tonight.

Have a nice evening everyone and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--Good job on getting that TSV shovel ready for the snow. Resistance is not futile when it comes to jewelry----sometimes!

Gayle--Making returns is frustrating, so businesses that make it easy are businesses that tempt you to use them again.

Linda--Now, I have to see what a "knee sleeve" is. My initial reaction is that it is a knee support item. I'm glad that you had a good visit with DH and that the facility had a nice New Year's celebration for clients and family.

I was tired this afternoon, so I spent the time reading. I haven't been sleeping well lately and have been getting up very early, so being alert in the afternoon is not a strong point for me. Reading also helped me avoid jewelry clearance temptations.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.