Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, DEC.24)

Merry Christmas to all of you! 

Fressa, Merry Christmas & I hope you are feeling better soon.  It's a good idea to postpone your Christmas lunch until next week and you are feeling better.  

Sydsgma, safe travels to your dh & son.  I didn't know they were going back to AZ so soon.

Hi to Bird Mama and meallen.

Rock_chick,  a stressless week coming up sounds good.  I am so glad to have been out of the work force for 20 years in July.  Now we are hoping to be able to hit the road next year.  Our last vacation was 2 years ago in September. Just like everybody else, Covid19, put a halt to everything we wanted to do.  

It was so nice to go on a day trip yesterday.  15 miles each way was perfect.  No purchases except for a good lunch 

I am having a lazy day.  We are looking forward to going to one of my dh's bro and sil for a small family get together tomorrow.  We are all fully vaccinated.  Then one by one we will go visit my dmil.  She can't get out much anymore, so that's the least we can do for her.  I was so blessed to have such wonderful in-laws.  Our parents were very good friends and I never dreamed that my dh & I would date let alone fall in love.  The rest is History.  Lord willing 50+2 years in March.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

It's a cloudy 45° day and looks like rain at any moment.  

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

chessielady, God bless us all.  Perfectly said.  I can't wait until  New Year's Eve.  

Bird Mama, your Christmas visit sounded awesome.  Poor Alice.  Hopefully she will get to the Vet in the near future. 

My bf's  dd was very sick with a large kidney stone on Tuesday.  She couldn't pass it & there were no rooms for her, so her surgery was postponed until yesterday afternoon.  She was lucky that nobody went into labor as that was the first available room.  Covid 19, is at a high critical level here right now. 

We are enjoying the Christmas songs on the radio.  

Glenda

Respected Contributor

Bernie it sounds like a sweet family gathering to me;  I understand being worried about a sick dog. I would feel the same way. I wish we had some littles in our family, but we do not and the dogs are the babies.  

Glenda, we are all fully vaccinated and boostered too.  My cousin and husband travel all the time and have curtailed their adventures. Do you still have your crossover?  I want to buy a very small RV in 5 years and start traveling on weekends and holidays.  Particularly the National Parks.  I don't miss full time RV living, but we have 2 dogs now and don't want to leave them with anyone.  

Respected Contributor

About shopping - when I joined this thread back in the beginning I was a compulsive shopper and thought nothing of spending a couple few hundred dollars a month on stuff.  These days "Wanty" is mostly under control and I have routinely done shopping bans... they have been good for me.  I bought a beautiful poncho for my sis in law for Christmas and have obsessively been looking at them for myself ever since. I have pretty much made up my mind to buy one at Chicos - not sure if I can paste the photo here but I will try.

Respected Contributor

Respected Contributor

Marled-Knit Shimmer Triangle Poncho thumbnail image, click to view larger image.

Respected Contributor

I also love the crocheted ones.  The one I got my sis in law can be worn several ways.  I got it at the Dallas Botannical Gardens last week.  I have been looknig for one for work because it's always cold but I'm not sure if it would make me warm.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Sorry you have the flu, but your delayed Christmas celebration sounds nice.  I appreciate you and all of our posters.  Very glad Q decided to leave up the forums.

Merry Christmas to you @meallen616 .

Hope your turkey tastes great, and you enjoy the cookies, Barbara.  Fingers crossed that your DH and son have safe travels, and you as well when you fly back to Arizona.  Seeing all the canceled flights makes me sad for those who will be missing their expected visits with family and friends on Christmas.

Sorry your DD has COVID, Kathleen.  There seem to be so many cases these days.  I really like the poncho you bought for your SIL.  Enjoy your smaller family brunch tomorrow.  Have to mention -- I saw your FB picture, and you look great!  I know you are working too hard, but hope things settle down soon.

Hi Bernie.  Glad you were able to have a modified Christmas visit with your niece and family.  Hope that Alice will be okay.  I can understand how you felt about celebrating with her being so ill.

It is my understanding that finding veterinary care in a timely basis is not easy here.  Also, most are quite expensive.  Since many in the area are "seniors" who don't live near their human offspring, pets become a large focus.

Merry Christmas to you .  I'm so ready for COVID to be over.

Glad you had a nice day trip yesterday, Glenda.  Also glad your friend's DD was able to get medical treatment.  Enjoy the celebration and visit with your MIL tomorrow.

It has been a cloudy, cool, and off and on rainy day here.  I only took a short walk this morning because my raincoat didn't do anything to keep my pants dry.  Later, I went to the gym -- not too crowded, but several people.  More than half were not wearing masks, but no one was obviously sick or coughing.

My oldest DGS and wife are visiting DD and family in Maryland, and their plans have changed due to COVID.  His wife has two sisters and a brother, and her parents live in the area.  One of her sister's two children (ages 10 and 7) were exposed to COVID in school, and have come down with it.  That means that the family gathering that was planned had to be changed.  She did take the kids gifts over to their house, but will miss seeing them tomorrow.

Unfortunately, things are not going smoothly at all for Bev.  Her hemoglobin levels dropped, so she had another transfusion. The doctor finally came to see her and said she will need surgery to stop the bleeding near the tumor area.  And, then she will need to have a kidney removed.  It must be two separate surgeries.  The first one may be done today or tomorrow.  She cannot go home in between the surgeries due to COVID.  There we go again with that word.

I am having an extremely quiet day, as expected.  My plan is to listen to carols and watch a Christmas movie tonight.  I am very blessed in so many ways.  My friendships here are a part of that blessing.  Thank you.

Waves to Jean, Susan, Marijane, LindaR, and all of our posters and readers.

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Big hugs to you, Linda!  I have been thinking of Barbara.  I will keep her in my prayers and hope for good news.

DD is wrapping for me and I've cleaned and washed clothes now.  We have a huge leak under the house so he turns the water on for a while and then off when I'm done. Our guy is coming to hopefully fix it Monday - we got a bill for 30,000 gallons and our normal monthly use is 5k.  lol  It's always something.

Esteemed Contributor

rock_chic, we had a 2015 Subaru Forrester and loved it, so in November 2019, we bought a 2020 Subaru Forrester Sport.  Love it too.  We go to a lot of State and National Parks.  We had planned to celebrate our 50th wedding  anniversary which was on 03/14/20 with a road trip to Louisiana (the only state that we haven't been to), but because of Covid19, all of the big plans were cancelled.  We are still planning celebrate 50+2  either this Spring or next Fall as I totally despise hot weather.  I love the ponchos especially the raspberry one.  

Linda L, prayers for your dear friend Bev.  It looks like your dgs's/wife's  Christmas plans are changing too.  I am also sick of Covid..  Our gym wasn't open yesterday or today.  It's closed next  Thursday & Friday too.  It's a cloudy day, but not cold for this time of the year.  I prefer sunny and cold with snow.  I put all of my Snowmen out last week including the big outside wooden one & so far he hasn't taken the hint.  We might get an inch on Sunday night, so it should be good traveling weather this weekend.

Glenda