Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, DEC. 23)

Good morning, shopping friends. The big day is nearing, and it is a time of joy fIor many but for others it is a time of sadness for a variety of reasons.

I have the TSV as I had pre-ordered it. I have them in gray and like them very much.

According to the Insider, the TSVs for January include: Susan Graver long sleeve and button front shirt on 1/5; IM 2; 4/7 Straight Leg Pants on 1/16; H by Halston French Terry Motorcycle Jacket on 1/30; Earth Leather Peep Toe Booties on 1/19; Vionic Sneakers on 1/7;PTR on 1/23; Cottage Farms on 1/17, and more.

I'll be off to the city this morning for physical therapy plus a little shopping for groceries. Yesterday, I had a great lunch with a friend in the capital city, so the car is definitely acquiring miles this week. It and I need time to rest.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, DEC. 23)

[ Edited ]

This reminds me that January will be "New Year New You" promotions focusing upon fitness, losing weight, etc.

grumpyChristmas.jpg

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hi everybody,

http://www.lovethispic.com/image/224050/only-2-days-until-christmas

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Morning All, thanx @KonaKat for the start, and yes it's getting close, for some not happily, I also have not good memories but we try to be happy for those around us.

Yesterday got a lot done, was pooped, but eggnog made, shells stuffed & ready, some cookies made.  

Today running out to the grocery store for last minute items then home to start cleaning house & making sure items are out of freezer that will be needed.  I have to make lists, cause as they say, my rememberer ain't what it used to be

Family will all be here tomorrow, then on Christmas day will only be 3 of us as some have other family committments, etc, so it'll be a relaxing day.

Also have to get the goodie packages ready to distribute to neighbors, etc

Waves & Hugs to All

Respected Contributor

Merry Christmas to all. I am very blessed to have grown up with no trauma or drama. Holidays were and still are a special time for me. I know there are many not as fortunate.

we have been freezing in very cold north country. Last weekend at me youngest dds family celebration, it was -28!air temperature on Sunday morning. Sydnie and her mom did not come because of the very cold weather. My dh is under a blanket most of the time.

We return to sunny,warm Arizona a week from today.

i read daily so keep up with everyone.

may the season bring you peace however you celebrate.

(((((🎄🎄🎄))))))

Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Thank you for the cute countdown graphic. Now, for the New Year, you need to find "number of days keeping resolution" graphics. Smiley Happy

Essie--You certainly were busy yesterday. Lists are good for some people.  I had a friend who made a special trip about 40 miles to a WalMart to pick up an item they needed. Of course, while there she had to tour the whole store and see what goodies were offered. When she got home, she realized she had forgotten to pick up the item that motivated the trip.

Barbara--YOu definitely have been having cold temps. Famiily get togethers are great but sorry Sydnie and her mother couldn't make it because of the cold. That type of cold would make Arizona very tempting right now. Enjoy your remaining time in the frozen tundra before you return to Arizona.

I had planned to leave by now but got involved in a telephone call that lasted and lasted. I'll leave in time to make the PT appointment and any shopping will have to be afterwards ifd I feel like it and can find a parking space

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started Jean.  Hope PT goes well.  I remember that last year at this time, I was taking DH to PT.   They were very nice and tried to help, but were unable to do so.  I'm glad your PT has been helpful for you so far.

Need to get ready for DH's DD and family who are coming over to the house before going to visit DH for lunch.  Not sure what they/I will be doing for the rest of the day.  They may be going to a museum, and I may join them.

Waves to all of our posters and readers, and have a good day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

I read nightly, but have been too tired to post.

Jean, I like TSV as I dislike shoe laces.  I am glad that your lunch out yesterday was nice.  I got groceries yesterday & the stores & parking were all good .  Parking was bad on Tuesday & Wednesday when we were in the Capitol city.  I dislike the new you theory, but I am so ready for the new year 

meallen, I am soooo ready for Christmas.  

SPIX,  My memory ain't what it used to be & neither is my body.  I do things at my own speed.  Things always get done, but it just takes a lot longer!  Your food sounds good.

Sydsgma, it was very cold here last weekend, but it's been a nice week.  We are expecting a little snow today & rain all day Sunday.  I didn't have trauma at Christmas either.  My heart goes out to those less fortunate.

Linda L, the museum idea sounds like fun.   I hope that your company has an enjoyable time.

I washed all of the floors this morning & DH vacuumed.  I just need to wrap a bunch of gifts for prizes when we play games tomorrow after lunch.

Supper is leftover chilli in the crock pot.

My friends surgery on Tuesday seemed to go well, but they are still waiting for the lab results.

Our DGD's concert was very nice on Tuesday night.  She looked lovely in her long black net like skirt & black sparkling top.  

I am looking forward to seeing our DD & family & my brother & his family tomorrow.  Our nephew that started his new job in Paducah in September will be flying home on Monday & flying back home on Thursday, so we hope to see him after Christmas.  He loves his job so we are all happy for him 

I will be busy fixing food tomorrow, but my DD will help me setting up things & is bringing all of the baked goodies.  My sil is making a fruit salad so I am in charge of the hot dishes.

It is trying to snow.  Might get an inch or so.  We still have a little snow, but they say 40's & rain all day Sunday.  We are going to my DH's brother & sil on Sunday for lunch.

This year has gone by so fast.  A year to remember for sure.

Hugs to all of you.  You have kept me sane.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda--I do hope the vist of DH's family with him goes well and that you can enjoy some afternmoon activites with them. I'm sorry that the PT last year for DH did not help.

Twinny--I also dislike shoes in which you have to tie laces. The bungee style is much better. The year has flown by. I do hope the coming year is a better one. Any resolutions?

I have had my physical therapy appointment and got an early Christmas gift. I was released from PT as they said I had progressed to the point I did not need it but I should continue with home execises. I really enjoyed the staff andd the time there. Even the 200 miles a week was enjoyable as it was just me and the car communing with the road, etc. providing great time to relax and think. On the other hand, had it continued, I might have to deal with bad weather and continued loss of work days at times.

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat wrote:

This reminds me that January will be "New Year New You" promotions focusing upon fitness, losing weight, etc.

grumpyChristmas.jpg

Oh my goodness @KonaKat  Jean, I nearly choked on my Christmas cookie.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise