Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, DEC. 17)

[ Edited ]

Greetings, shopping friends. We have had record breaking high temps but that is now changing. It has made for good conditions to shop, or other activities.

The "burn" marks from the cardioversion have almost disappeared and are no longer itching. I go back for a followup appointment on the 29th. It has helped but I think there might have to be a medication adjustment in the future. Today is the first day I've been fully .since the procefdure.

All the things I have ordered have been delivered, including the jars of Germack mix. I had to keep one for myself and based upon what I have tasted, it is tempting to keep them all.

The big day is rapidly approaching. I hope the stress of all the last minute activitsies and preparations do not overwhelm you.

Have a gsreat day and if you shop, shop wisely!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, DEC. 17)

Hi Everyone!

It's now sunny after being so cloudy this am and warming. UGH!!! The cool temps are now forecasted for tomorrow. Next week (fingers crossed) the temps are to be lower. I sure hope so. I have more errands than days remaining so I need that cool breeze. 

I'm waiting on a football jersey Christmas present for our dil to arrive. The tracking info is stuck and the delivery date has passed. Hopefully, it will show up tomorrow. They are completely sold out everywhere. Tracking info this year seems to be a bit spotty. At least the delivery people have finally started to take their little gifts that I left for them. We even received a few thank you notes from them. That was a nice surprise.

I'm happy watching all day jewelry. I swear I must be part racoon....anything shiny and my eyeballs go right to it. LOL I find it relaxing but I seldom purchase. I just love to look and look. 

KomKat--It was good to hear that you are finally have a better day. I like the Germack line of snacks especially if they have the cherries in them. The hubby loves popcorn so I ordered the Farmer John's version in the jars with different goody tid bits. He's very pleased with them. I had a little myself was pleasantly surprise how fresh it was. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, we had 69° a few days ago.  Way above normal.  It's going to be in the 30's for about  week.  Your Germack sounds yummy.  You deserve to keep them for yourself.  I am glad that the burn mark is getting better.  Good luck with your next appt.

Fressa, I hope that you get the football jersey in time for Christmas.  No fun waiting & wondering if it's going to arrive on time.  I am still looking for a White Christmas, but it looks like maybe only a few flakes.  Anything with cherries & chocolate I am right there.  I like to watch one of the silver shows, but I can't remember which one it is. Ever since I had my gallbladder out 40+ years ago,  I can't wear white or yellow gold. I have to wear Platinum.   After my dh bought me the 3rd wedding ring, he said "that's it."   Now I wear Diamonique & my 2 expensive rings are in the lock box. 

Susan, I am like you.  Doing 10 things at once & running in circles.  This morning I did two loads of laundry & baked two batches of Brownies and two batches of orange drop cookies with sf chocolate chips.  Then I made the peach/Mtn. Dew jello salad.  After dinner tonight, I am going to steam mop the floors.  Then we are going to get the BINGO prizes in some kind of order.

I am getting excited about our family Christmas lunch tomorrow.  All I have to do tomorrow is put the garlic knots in the oven while my dh is getting the pizza.

We just got back from the gym and my dh is sleeping in his recliner.  

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Update on my 20 year old gn.  She is very sick and is being treated for pneumonia. They took a liter of fluid off her left lung.  A blood culture  presents a growth, nothing else.  They are hoping that there is no blood stream contaminating the new pace maker that was just put in a few weeks ago.  Best case scenario is going back home on Tuesday with a port & IV antibiotics.  She & my niece were planning to get here this afternoon and go back home on Sunday.  Apparently they are going to play virtual BINGO with us.  I have no idea how that works.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Evening and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Glad you are feeling better, and hope any medication adjustment does the rest of the job. Enjoy the Germack.  I have never tried it, but I am not much for snacks.  Weird, I know.  My parents were very strict about snacks, and I just never got into the habit of snacking.  

Happy you have received all your orders, and your weather was warmer than normal since you enjoy that type of weather.  Me as well.  It wasn't all that warm here today, and was only 32 degrees when I got up this morning.  At least I have the chance to wear my cold weather clothes. 

Hope the NFL jersey comes before Christmas, Fressa.  Glad your DH likes the popcorn.  I think that was the type of popcorn I ordered from here years ago -- very good.  Hope your weather is more to your liking soon.

So sorry to hear about your great niece, Glenda.  I continue to pray for her.  What a rough thing for such a young lady.  I'm sure your family lunch tomorrow will be great, and maybe you can relax a bit afterward.

I just heard from Barbara that one of our posters passed away suddenly earlier this week (possible heart attack).  Some of you may remember Claudia.  Wonderful lady and a real animal lover.  I am in shock.

Also had some bad news from my friend Bev who had a scan today, and needs to have a PET scan.  The doctor wants to implant some sort of chemo in her bladder.  She is not in pain, but very weak.

On the happy news front, oldest DGS and his wife will be visiting DD and family plus her family and their friends for the holiday.  DD is looking forward to their visit.

Hope everyone sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L,

What awful news about Claudia.  I used to get a kick out of her stories about Griffin and Tippy plus the other animals.  Nugget was another one.  The animals will be deeply saddened to not see her. The good thing is that she probably didn't suffer, but it's terrible for the family.  Christmas time is a sad time to lose loved ones.  I know from experience.  I am glad that your dd will be getting her ds and ddil.

I just got done talking to our ds and they are enjoying a dinner by the poolside. 

The floors are steam mopped, so all I have to do tomorrow is clean my bathroom and do a bit of dusting & enjoy our early Christmas lunch.

Glenda

Respected Contributor

So sorry to read about Claudia. What a special lady and consumats animal lover.
Honored Contributor

This might read as a little crazy since I'm posting this in a virtual forum.  I'm stunned and in tears over the news about Claudia.  I didn't know her as well as Barbara and Linda however I felt like I 'knew' her through her love of creatures big and small, perfect and imperfect. 

My heart goes out to Claudia's husband, her family and her furbabies.  Barbara and Linda, I am so sorry for the loss of your friend.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Oh my goodness..I am stunned to hear about Claudia....I did not know her but sometimes read on the other shopaholic thread....so sorry Linda and sydsgma.    Marijane 

Esteemed Contributor

Rock_Chick, it's so good to see you posting again.  I think the last place you moved to was  to the Seattle area.  My dh & took a three week road trip to WA, OR & all along the 10I Hwy coast 4 years ago.    Great trip and wonderful weather.

marijane, hi to you too.  The last time we went to the East Coast to see our ds and ddil was three years ago in September.  My dh got pneumonia and Legionaire's disease & we ended up in a hospital in Youngstown, OH for 4 days.  Getting back home was an experience.  I miss clam chowder in a bread bowl, lobster rolls and going to Jake's Diner for fabulous fish and shrimp.  Our ds & his wife moved to Clearwater, FL in August and love it.  They are both still in the medical fields.  They love the beaches there too.

Our Christmas lunch was fun yesterday.  It was interesting playing BINGO with my great niece as she was on her phone at the hospital with one of our nephews on his phone at our house.   Not sure how that was done, but we could all talk back and forth.

It was so nice to see our youngest dgs and our dgd. We hadn't seen her for a year.   They liked all of their gifts and everything fit.  They were generous to us.  We are nicely stocked with Star Bucks ground coffee, our favorite cheeses, a big bag of Cashews for my dh and a deck of waterproof cards.  Can't wait to play cards again.

Our eldest dgs has a final exam today, so we are thinking good thoughts right now.  We will see him & his Dad on Wednesday and exchange gifts.  

It's a nice sunny cold day which I enjoy.  I finished writing our Christmas cards this morning and took them to the Post Office.  It takes me longer each year as I write a different message in each one.  

Glenda

P.S. I forgot to tell you that when Emily came in the house, she said "Grandma, where are the owl's?"    I told her that grandpa said he didn't think we needed them this year.  She told me they have been a staple for as long as she can remember.    I knew right where they were & she is quite the interior decorator.  The Snow Owls are still beautiful & were sold to me by LR a long time ago.