Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY DEC. 14)

Good Morning, Ladies!  It is 32 degrees here, which is way lower than I would like.  Still much better than many areas of the country, and no storms.  Hope you are staying warm and safe.

After much debate, I decided the TSV slippers were not a good value for me, so no order of either the Lug bag or the slippers.  I did order another gift card for DD.  I still like spoiling her.

The gym went okay, but I ended up walking way too much yesterday.  I fell asleep fine, but kept waking up multiple times, etc.  Need to cut back on my exercising.  More difficult than one might expect.

A lady who goes to my Caregivers and Grief Group texted me yesterday about our group  We agreed that the Caregivers group seems to help more than the grief group (at least so far), and we plan to try another grief group in town on Sunday.   I really like the leader of our grief group, but something seems lacking -- can't put my finger on it.

My only plans for the day are to go to the grocery store for a few things.  i will also  probably take a walk later, once it warms up. 

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Please have a nice day, and post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY DEC. 14)

Hi Linda @LindaLatte  Cutting back on exercise is not one of my problems Woman LOL  I need to be more consistent.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, the sun was out this morning but it has turned into a dark afternoon....yesterday we had some snow thst covered the ground then turned into 

rain.  Cutting my exercise isn't my problem either Bernie.   

i had a delivery,I thought, from the q..but the post office said it was misdirected in sorting so will be delayed....then I had another notice from Amazon saying my order from them was  being returned by the post office because it was damaged and when it  arrives back to them they will credit my account....I had ordered some shampoo/conditioner.  I can just see that box...leaking liquid!

I have been finishing up my decorations and just about done shopping..I always order those Mylar type gift bags from the q so saves me time.  I had a badly needed cut/color this past Wednesdsy....hadn't had that done since October ( I usually go every 4 weeks) but had cancelled a few because of what was going with my son and couldn't plan anything too far in advance.). She fit me in at 8.30am and I sure am glad she did.

That's about it from here...have a nice afternoon....Marijane

Esteemed Contributor

:Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. I'm sorry that you are having such low temps. I do hope that you find a grief group that works well for you. The chemistry of a group is dependent upon several factors. Good job on resisting those tempting items. I also had considered the Lug but decided not to buy it.

Bernie--Like you, I have no problem with cutting exercise. I have gone from an hour a day to almost nothing.

Marijane--Sorry about the shipment problems I do hope it is resolved to your satisfaction. I can picture those shampoo and conditioner bottles rolling around with the bubblewrap gone, etc. 

It is raining here but I did take my paycheck to the drive thru of the bank for the last visit there. The new bank to replace the current bank opens on Monday. I am still debating the Snow Joe snow thrower. I went to get the shovel that Bernie loves so it would be handy should it snow but I can't find it.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KonaKat  If you get snow that ices up, I most definitely recommend the upgraded polycarbonate shovel direct from SnowJoe's website.

https://www.snowjoe.com/products/snow-joe-sj-shlv02-shovelution-strain-reducing-snow-shovel-18-inch-...

This is the one sold by the Q

https://www.qvc.com/Snow-Joe-Shovelution-Snow-Shovel-with-Spring-Assist-Handle.product.V34480.html?s...

Again, the shovel sold by the Q works fine until the glued metal trim on the bottom falls off.  Then you end up trying to shovel snow with a plastic edge on the bottom.  Unless of course you have a rivet tool and know how to rivet something.  I don't have a rivet tool however I'm thinking it might be handy to have one.  I think I can get one for like $15.

Trusted Contributor

Jean I have the first pix Bernie had posted yesterday of the shovel....bought it s few years ago.....so far it's ok....I only use it on the deck though...we have our driveway plowed...( the lawn guys in summer change their baseball caps  to knit caps in winter  caps ,LOL to plow the driveway.and they also shovel our paths around the house to the doors..driveway is too long to do by hand).  I have to say that I never even noticed the metal edge...but I think the shovel works pretty well for what I need it for.

Honored Contributor

@Genny1  I have a double driveway and some sidewalk to clear.  I didn't have an issue until end of season when we got some wet snow that was packed into my driveway courtesy of the street plowing people. 

Maybe I should have been more careful with mine however I was on a roll, lol. 

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie and Marijane--Thank you for the input. I have an aging snow blower that operates via electricity and cord. It is a Toro. For that reason, I was considering the battery version. Often, our snow isn't that bad so it is easy to let the sun take care of it or to have the snow cover the ice underneath for ease in traction. I'm not supposed to be shoveling snow but I don't always pay attention to what I am told. There are times that snow can be bad. I just hate winter. Finding someone to do the work is a major task.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.