Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, DEC.10)

Hi Everyone!

Well, we have a semi warm day with a nasty winter storm on the way for dinnertime. At least tomorrow is the weekend for any storm clean-up. High winds again. I don't know what's up with the wind storms but they need to leave and move out to sea. 

I hope to do some grocery shopping today. Just a few basics. I've been putting it off for days because I haven't felt well. I'm hoping that maybe I'll be able to throw a few extra items in the cart to make it worth while the wait in the cashier line. Fingers crossed.

I did a little more Christmas shopping on line the other day so I'm slowly getting the gift tub filled.We had a few delievereis left on the street but fortunately we are up so early that we were able to retrive them safely. Our GSD always alerts as soon as you get to the mailbox. The female waits until you're on the porch. Best alarm system and never needs batteries---just dog biscuits. LOL

I ordered the Rastelli's steaks because they peaked the hubby's attention when they were a TSV. (He's a hamburger and sub lover) They arrived and were very tasty and easy to prepare. I was thrilled. I needed a few items for those days when you just need a quick meal on the table. I also ordered those 1/2 pound steakburgers for him and they are very tasty. I usually make them on the weekend when he's doing lawn maintainence. The new mini freezer works well for these types of purchases.

I received the Sketchers slippers with the outdoor bottom that were a TSV last week. I'm very pleased with them. It's truly a safe outdoor bottom and the slipper is comfy on the inside. You would need to size up to wear a sock. The priced wasn't too bad, either.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, DEC.10)

Fressa--We have a similar weather pattern in our future. Monday, however, is expect.ed to be decent. Good timing as that is when I will be having the cardioversion.  I'll likely go to the city on Sunday evening and stay the night in a hotel as I don't like leaving at 5:30 via crooked roads in the dark.

I ordered the Spenco  slippers with "Be Happy" that were shown earlier this morning. I have a pair of Spenco for the summer that fit and wear well.

I did some work around the house and have had lunch. It is now time to indulge in reading and resting.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Fressa, our weather has been pretty good for this time of the year.  30's today and upper 50's next Wednesday.  Much above the normal temps.  It's supposed to be in the 30's & sunny next Saturday when we are going to have our Christmas lunch here which will be perfect.  My Christmas shopping is mostly done except for stocking stuffers for our 3 dgc and a few more BINGO prizes.  I am getting excited already.  

Jean, good luck with your cardiversion (sp)?  The slippers that you & Fressa bought looked very nice, but I bought a pair from Kohl's last month.

Since we hadn't heard from the electric company yet, I called them and they are coming out this afternoon.  I am still waiting for the infusion center to call me back.  

I am trying to get used to my not eating nuts, seeds diet.  For lunch, it was a bacon/toast sandwich as I couldn't eat a tomato and I had to cut the crust off of the toast as it had seeds on it.  

Yogurt will be my best friend in a couple of days.  On Monday, it will be clear liquids only.    I am praying that I get a positive test on my swab test on Sunday.  If I do, I can have the colonoscopy on Tuesday.  The best part is that I will get a great hour or two of sleep.

The good news here is that my niece and her family want to come up here either next Friday or Saturday.  I didn't invite them as her dd just had a new pace maker put in & its been a rough recovery.  They are getting stir crazy with not being able to go back to work for my niece and not going back to college for my gn.  I told her the more the merrier.  What's a few more BINGO prizes & an extra pizza?

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Sure hope the storms don't cause any damage to your house/yard.  Doesn't sound like nice weather at all.  Hope you were able to get your grocery shopping done, and it wasn't too crowded. 

On impulse, I scheduled a Walmart pick-up today at noon since that was a time they said would be less busy.  Very happy that I got everything on my order, but they didn't have a few things I wanted.  So, I went over to the 99 cent store.  Wow, was it crowded, and many shelves were empty or near empty.  I usually pick up some produce, but nothing appealed to me.  However, I did find a couple of little notebooks I use to record things when I am on the computer, a Sharpie pen, and a pretty nice holiday table runner (worth the $4).  The lady in front of me was entertaining, so it wasn't bad standing in the pretty long line.

Glad you enjoy the steaks and the slippers.  I was pretty tempted by them and the TSV today, but didn't order since I tend to wear unlined clogs rather than lined slippers.  The clogs (Sketchers) could be worn outdoors, but I generally change into regular shoes instead.

Sounds like a good plan for you to spend the night at a hotel before your early morning procedure, Jean.  Hope the weather holds up.

DD told me that middle DGS has found a new job where he will be paid more.  He is a happy camper, and it is in his field -- human resources.  They were pleased that he has a college degree in that area, is a veteran (Army Reserves), and has had several years of experience in the Army and then in his current position.  

We had rain last night and this morning, but now the sun is out.  The predicted high is in the upper 50's, and tonight not much higher than freezing.  They said it will be the coldest night in more than 200 days.  I know that doesn't sound cold for many of you, but....

Have a nice evening and sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- I missed your post, Glenda.  I remember that diet and trying to avoid seeds, etc.  Not fun.  My doctor made me endure two full days of clear liquids the last time, and I was so unhappy about it.  Glad to hear that your niece and family will be coming to the party and the weather should be acceptable.  Good that the electric company is finally coming.

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, that's great news about your dgs getting a different job in his field and a raise.  Nice Christmas present.  I remember when you were on a two day liquids only.  I am going to have to go buy a bottle of clear white grape or apple cider.  Our $Tree isn't as well stocked as the one we went to a few weeks ago.  Shelves full & more people.

I decided I needed to go to the gym this afternoon, so I told my dh he had to wait for the electrician to come back.  The electrician said he hadn't gotten our call & was on his way to the next job.   He got here just a few minutes before I got back from the gym.  The problem was the electrical box behind the small chest freezer.  Ice had gotten in the outlet, melted for quite a while I think  and it shorted out to prevent a fire.  

The electrician was a nice guy and we found out that his Mom was in our dd's graduation class from HS.  Our dd went to the Prom 4 times & when she was at her Jr. prom, she came home and told me that the Prom Queen had the same dress that she did.  Our dd said thank goodness her dress was red and the Prom Queen's dress was Royal Blue.

Esteemed Contributor

I hit post by mistake.  The electrician asked my dh if he grew up in this town.  He said no, he grew up in the next town over 10 miles away, but his wife did.  This guy said that his grandpa was the long time police chief in our town.  He was very well liked.  Then my dh told him that he graduated with his Dad & remembered that this guy's dad died at 42.  This conversation had a sad ending when this fellow said that his dad was an alcoholic.  

Glenda

Honored Contributor

Congratulations to your DGS on the new job @LindaLatte 

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

KomKat--I hope you like your Spenco slippers. The pink pair with the hearts caught my eye but I can't wear the scuffs without any back. It's just the way my foot and leg surgery is. Enjoy your "Be Happy" pair. 

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte--Congrats on your DGS finding a joy in his field. So nice to hear good news.

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny70--Small world---you were so lucky with the electrical problem. It's such a relief when you finally get the tech to your home and they fix it. My mind always races with the "what is it and how much is it going to cost to fix it options". Glad everything is handled.