Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, AUGUST 8)

@sydsgma1

Barb, I'm glad you like your new shoes.  I have them in the brown with gold chain and the pewter/gunmetal with the silver chain.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Hi everyone, I'm using my new laptop for the first time to post a thread.  I'm still learning some ins and outs of a laptop vs. a PC.

Last night we went out to dinner with my father-in-law.  He and my DH are not close, so we don't spend time with him that often.  I thought it would be a good opportunity while my DC are still home for the summer.  The visit with him went well, though my FIL mostly talks about his 2 "favorite" grandchildren.  My DC are okay with it, they understand that he's just that way.  I'm glad they have a sense of humor and don't feel hurt by it.  

Tomorrow is my mother's 86th birthday.  We are all gathering at her place and are fixing a BBQ for her.  I baked a German chocolate cake to take.  I've also been going through the 2,000+ photos that my DC took in Europe, to find the best to show my mother.  It's hard to pick only the best out of 2,000+ pictures!  My DD is returning to vet school on Sunday, so tomorrow is the last day for my DC to show their Grandma the photos.  

My DD leaves on Sunday, and my DS leaves for college the week after that.  Time is going by too quickly!    ~   Charlene

Respected Contributor

Barbara how wonderful at the zoo! I've been wanting to go to the zoo lately. I wanted to see the dallas zoo while we were up there but we tried the aquarium one weekend and it was so packed that we were miserable. My cousin is in Hawaii living quite the life.
Respected Contributor

Charlene have a good time at the birthday party. I am craving cake today. I bet they fit some great pics. My kids are bad about not getting pictures. Good that they understand about the FIL. I had a weird relationship with my MIL. It started out great but went very bad and it was very sad but i gave up after a while.
Linda, i know you are loving your time with all the kids.

I came home and convinced DH we needed to go riding. It was nice, got a bite to eat and then a couple groceries. When we got home DD was here.