Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, AUGUST 4)

Enjoy,

Image result for national chocolate chip cookie day images

Esteemed Contributor

meallen--So glad that your test results were normal. My two brothers died of a heart attack and had previous warning signs. My mother had congestive heart failure. I have AFib and AFlutter which  is under control as of now as a result of an ablation plus meds. This can contribute to future heart issues so it has to be monitored just as you do.

Thank you for the great graphic. I had no idea that today was National Chocolate Chip Day I don't keep these around as I have no control when it comes to chocolate chip cookies.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

I know some of you remember Arlene.  She is now doing well running a biz on eBay. Unfortunately, she stepped into a deep hole while walking her dog last night. She has a broken leg and shattered ankle. Surgery is being scheduled. I am sure she would appreciate prayers

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Esteemed Contributor

meallen--Family history such as we have is a definite warning sign that we cannot ignore. One brother died at the age of 70 and one at the age of 67. I don't know about you but it is just like waiting for the big event and wanting to do everything possible to delay or head it off. My mother with congestive heart failure lived to be 90 but she did everything the doctor told her and had always eaten appropriately, etc.

Thanks for sharing.

Trusted Contributor

Jean sorry to hear what happened to  Arlene...I willl certainly keep her in my prayers!  Thanks for letting us know......Marijane

Trusted Contributor

@KonaKat  My prayers certainly will go out to Arlene for a successful surgery and complete healing, smooth sailing along the way.

Honored Contributor

@KonaKat  Of course I remember Arlene.  I am so happy to read that she is successul in her ebay business.

Of course I will pray for her recovery.  The leg will be a piece of cake, the ankle she will need to watch the rest of her life.

If you talk to her or post with her tell her I said hello.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise