Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, AUG. 28)

Greetings, shopping friends. Today, I met my goal of 5 days of exercise a week, the first since being cleared by doctors to resume exercise. Yesterday, I did a total of 60 minutes, split into two 30 minute sessions. I plan the same today and have already done 30 minutes.

The sun is out but the remnants of Laura are expected late afternoon through tomorrow. We had bad storms yesterday not related to Laura with flash flooding taking place in some areas.

The Dennis Basso coat is a winner. The fit is perfect. I love the color but I decided my black Dennis Basso faux leather coat needed updating. As much as I love the dark wine color, I am going to ask it to be replaced with black. If they can't do it, then the coat was not meant to be. I already have a wine one which I had forgotten. The style of this one was what really called to me and I like wine colors. The other wine one is not as stylish but I need the black more plus it is more stylish than the black one I hope to replace.

Today is a day for relaxation. I may do a few odds and ends but I am not focusing upon major tasks. I have yet to see any birds at the feeder but than they aren't announcing their presence if they do choose to eat. I do know they congregate on the telephone line, and sometimes to the point it reminds me of "The Birds." I loved that suspensful movie.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely. If you venture out, do so safely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, AUG. 28)

Hi Everyone!

Our storms started last night and are expected to last until Sunday. So far we've only had some small branches down. We did have to unclog the driveway drain once last night and clear out the gutters over the front porch. That's a "usual" issue because our house is at the bottom of woods.  Sending good thoughts and prayers for those that are still in the storm's path/aftermath. 

I'm not taking the car out for any errands today with the storms. I was "stuck" more than once in the super market when they lost power at the registers. The back up power didn't kick in because the manager wasn't there. I'm hoping they rethought that plan but I don't want to find out that they didn't. 

Today I'm just paying some bills and doing some more work in the "office".  We have some old computer equipment, etc. on two of the shelves in there. I'm going to donate all that equipment and use those shelves with some items that are currently on the floor. "Stuff" on the floor drives me crazy. I can't wait to get the Dyson in there and pick up all those bits and pieces off that carpet. Next week I hope to get the charity pick up here for the donation pile I have sit ting in the kennel room. Then I'll take a break from it for a week or so.

I did order the Stan Herman pajamas/lounging set last Saturday and they arrived yesterday. I love his pajamas and they wash well. It only seems like he's on once or twice a year. QVC really does need to increase the pajama/loungewear catagory for woman over 20 and beyond. 

Have a good afternoon/evening. 

Esteemed Contributor

Good for you with the exercising, Jean.  I know you could not exercise until you were cleared by the doctor.  My DD is still restricted from doing some of her exercises due to her rotator cuff problem, and she didn't even have surgery.

Hope the storms aren't too bad in your area.  Also hope you will be able to get the Dennis Basso coat in black.  I used to really enjoy my faux leather jackets, even more than my real leather ones.  But, I don't have many occasions to wear them out here in Arizona, and the ones I had began "shedding" after 15 years or so.  I still might be tempted if I found one I like.

It is funny, but I really didn't like "The Birds", and it actually made me afraid of birds and scary movies for several years.  I saw it on a very memorable class trip when I was a junior in high school, and the theater piped in the bird sounds as we were leaving.  

Hope the storms don't do any damage in your area Fressa.  I think I would freak out if the supermarket registers broke down when I was in line.  Glad you like the Stan Herman PJ's.  I am a big fan of Stan and have several of his robes/cover-ups.

I did my hospice mailings this morning, and then I had the last Anglo Saxon history Zoom class.  Really excellent class -- the teacher integrated videos into the lectures along with timelines, maps, etc.  I did not get into the next class in the series, but she said that she is willing to teach it again.

It is 104 degrees at the moment, but tomorrow we are supposed to start several days of cooler weather (highs in the 90's rather than 100's) plus the chance of much needed rain.

My oldest DGS and his wife are flying up to New Hampshire for his new job this evening.  They will look for places to live over the weekend, and he will stay and start the new job.  His wife will be returning to Maryland, and join him in a week or so where they will live in corporate housing.  DD said he is quite sad to leave his family -- he is very close to his siblings and parents and likes Maryland where he has lived all his life.  But, if things go well, they can return in a couple of years when he is promoted to District manager.  I have my fingers crossed that they will adapt and feel the change is worth it.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa--We had some trees down on major highways from the storm yesterday that was not connected to the hurricane. The remants of Laura is expecterd to arrive before 6am, but the amount of rain is not expected to be as much as from yesterday's storm. I was tempted to order those Stan Herman pajamas myself but held back. I do hope you enjoy them.

Linda--I do hope your DD's rotator cuff issue improves. It is a problem that can really keep you from doing many things so I hope she finds a solution soon. The orthopedic surgeon said my strength and range of motion in that arm and shoulder are now as good as the unaffected one and better than many my age. Despite your high temps, I think I could trade faux leather coats and jackets for living there, especially in the winter. I do hope all goes well with DGS, the new job and move.

I had intended to mail back the jacket today, but I enjoyed being too lazy and relaxing.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

KomKat:  I tried on the Stan Herman pj's today and love them. It' like a light weight sweater but not hot and dosen't grab at your body. The top is nice enough to use as a top. I'm not much for flowers on my clothing but I do make an exception for SH. His prints, etc. are just done well. They are are roomy but not oversized.