Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY,AUG.26)

Hi Everyone!

I finally accomplished picking up another prescription and getting half of my grocery list in the cart. I needed a little of everything depending on quality and prices. I had to replenish some of the medical supplies for hubby's poisen "something. They were very low on items like alchol, bandage tape, large size AlkaSeltzer. I found enough to get him thru the weekend and then I'll see if the truck comes in with more the beginning of the week.

Prices were crazy but they had the farners delieveries so I found corn on the cob and green peppers (they were huge). Those prices weren't oo bad. Ground beef was on "sale" at $5.49/pound. (I guess I'm revising my definition of "sale") Butter was $4.69 pound down from $5.20. Every item was up in price so I think it was just a blurr at that point. I do have to make a return trip next week for some cereal and cleaning products. 

At least it's in the house and unpacked. It was so hot and humid yesterday it almost took your breath away. I don't know how you get used to it in some of the states. 

I did watch some holiday shows mainly for some decorating ideas. Not sure what trees I'll put where. I would love to have one of the older full size trees up this year but the thought of carrying that up the steps makes me think twice about that idea. 

We had turkeys in the trees again. The hawks have been around which I like to see. The buck has been sleeping in the side yard. Thankfully, none of the wilder life has been out in the yard so that's a relief for this week. I always know when some critter with teeth and claws is around the fence because Thor will not go out on the patio. That's my clue so we both stay iinside until "whatever it is" is gone and Thor goes back to the door. My broom and pink shovel isn't always the best approach to handle safety. LOL

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY,AUG.26)

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Fressa.  Glad you were able to pick up a prescription and some groceries.  I agree about the grocery prices and availability of some needed items such as bandages. There were a few things on genuine sale yesterday, but most of the "sales" didn't qualify in my opinion.

Glad you are seeing some non-threatening wildlife in your area.  I didn't bother watching the holiday shows yesterday -- just not in the mood at this point.

The company will be coming to replace my Arizona room solar screens next Wednesday.  The materials finally came in, and they need to construct them.  Glad that will be done before my visit with DD and family next month.

I am having my hair cut this afternoon, and I plan to stop by the hospice office to drop off things plus log-in my times and mileage for yesterday.  We need to do everything in person now (sign every entry) -- used to be able to file electronically or just send an email.  I'm hoping that changes once they have a new volunteer coordinator.

Your trip sounds lovely, Glenda. 

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte---That's quite a bit of recording for deliveries, etc. I'll keep my fingers crossed that they get the email system up and running sooner than later for you.

I hope you like your haircut. I've been doing mine myself until I"m able to get to the salon. I sent the hubby this afternoon for a haircut since he has an office picnic tomorow. His hair got really long on the back of his neck. I can't seem to decide what I want to do with mine. Currently I'm fine with pulling it back or up. I think it's from all those years of being in the office. It's still a "treat" for me to be casual.    

Honored Contributor

I'm catching up on posts again.  There hasn't been much to say from my little corner in the world.  My garage door was creaking like a haunted house so I ran to Home Depot on Wednesday and picked up a lubricant.  I also picked up a product they swear will loosen rusted nuts and bolts.  I lubed the garage door and the hinge on my screen/storm door off the family room.

I think I need to buy a new screen/storm door closer for the family room door because it's still got a creak in it.  I need to make sure I measure it correctly before I buy the replacement.  Thank goodness local Home Depots have some in-store.

Standard Duty White Pneumatic Door Closer

Like Fressa, I always find something that needs to be worked on or replaced, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama----Isn't that the truth? Just when you think you can take a break from home repairs/replacments something peels, pops or cracks.