Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, AUG. 18)

Good afternoon, shopping friends. This afternoon is a sunny one but the day started out with dark skies and rain.

I enjoyed the Bob Mackie show but didn't indulge in anything. Right now, I'm watching Carolyn's Closet before heading for the Kindle and a couple of hours of relaxation. I think Carolyn will be selling the Lug bag I have which I have started to use for work.

I got in an hour of exercise today, so I am managing to keep that up except on the days I work. I need to figure out a way to work around that as I am focusing upon getting in active minutes which requires a minimum of ten minutes each time plus an increase in heart rate.

I was so happy to see a picture of Linda and DH during his healthier times while on vacation. I think each of us should make an effort to enjoy the time we have and not keep putting off plans because we do not know what lies ahead. It is also good to know that he was smiling when Linda visited yesterday.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Valued Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, AUG. 18)

have a good day to all

Esteemed Contributor

@anin Have a great day also! Please feel free to drop in and post at any time. All are welcome!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Hi ladies, 

Well some heavy rain on and off, thunder and lightning and loss of power for a short time! Looking forward to a nice weekend, I hope!

Image result for friday friends images

Esteemed Contributor

meallen--I love your Friday graphic. I imagine there are many friends here looking forward to the weekend and are counting down the hours remaining in the Friday workday. Of course, there are those who must work the weekend, so their "Friday" occurs at a different time.

Honored Contributor

Hello folks, it was one of those busy days at work.  Add to that, I voluntarily did the upgrade to office 16 this afternoon.  It was going to be pushed to our computers on 8-31 and I wanted to get out in front of the upgrade in case there were any issues.  I've reset all of my preferences and am all set, so far so good.

That's my excitement, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Last night the neighbors that live behind us had a bad house fire.  One of their 2 little boys kicked a lighted candle down the basement steps & the shag carpeting caught on fire.  3 different Fire Dept's, lots of police cars & an ambulance.  This started at 8:00 p.m. & was very noisy until 11:30.  I had very little sleep.  There were some injuries, but I don't know what they are because they couldn't stay at the house last night.  From the outside, you can't see anything but they have massive smoke & water damage inside.

They hauled lots & lots of stuff out to the front yard.  A restoration company was there this morning.  I hope that this young couple has insurance because they rent the house.

Jean, good job with your exercising.  I got up early feeling anxious & took my walk.  Then I steam mopped the floors because I made a mess last night blanching some sweet corn.  

Meallen, I left the work force 16 years ago, but I still remember the fun of getting a 4 day weekend.

Welcome to our new poster.  Right now my brain is the size of a PEA.

Our dd & dgd got here before lunch so we all went to the Italian restaurant in town.  Our dd went back home & we played board games & hot tubbed.  I am taking Emily downtown to the square.  It makes for a fun walk.  We need to get her back tomorrow morning before her taekwondo competition. Then we are heading to a pool party at one of my DH's brother's homes.  

We had a couple of quick showers yesterday & last night, but it is mid 70's today.  I hung out 2 loads of laundry & they dried nicely.

Marijane. You need to root extra loud tonight because our ds & ddil will be at the Red Sox vs Yankee's game.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Great job on the exercise.

Thanks also for your comments about the FB picture.  That was a very interesting trip, but it was a bit strange.  I had found the trip on the net at a reasonable price.  The tour company also got good reviews.  We went to Seattle, and then were bused up to Vancouver, Canada.  When we met up with others on the tour, it turned out that most were Chinese people who flew over to Canada to take the tour.  The tour guide described things in two types of Chinese and then English.  His English was so heavily accented that we had lots of trouble understanding him.  I decided no more trip booking without double-checking some details.  LOL   

You are quite right about travel and doing things you want to do.  I regret not taking more trips before DH became ill, but I have some great memories from the trips we did take.

It was nice and cool on my walk this morning, but now it is in the 90's.  I went to COSTCO for a few staples, and I didn't buy too many extras, thank goodness.  

The hospice nurse called this morning to say that she had been alerted to a rash DH had, and she came to check it out.  She was concerned that it might be shingles, but it was not.  And, DH's vitals were much better.  

I'll be leaving to see him soon.  

Glad you got the computer business out of the way, Bernie.  Cute graphic, meallen.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Sleep well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Sorry to hear about the fire, twinny.  Hope the injuries are not too bad, and they had insurance.  Also sorry you didn't get much rest. Have fun with your granddaughter

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]
Spoiler

HEllo Ladies, hope everyone had a nice day...happy your DH had a.better day today Linda.     

Wow that fire was too bad.....at least no one got hurt TWinny.  AS far as the game I am yelling as hard as I can but my team is down by 2.....but it's still early.   I hope the rain doesn't hit up there till the game is over.....it is pouring here as has been most of the day.

KAthleen nice pictures today.        Have a nice night everybody......Marijane

Not sure what that "spoiler" means on top.