Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, AUG 11)

Good afternoon, shopping friends. It is a sunny but cool day, atypical of August. It is, however, the kind of weather that would be great year-round.

I resisted buying yesterday's Q2 special. I do like the TSV for today but I think I will pass. I like the look but don't like sweater material for cardigans I am a jacket person.

I already have one day booked for subbing, so the school year is definitely underway. The day is for late August, so hopefully some earlier dates will open up.

I hope each of you has a great day; let's all try to make the best of it.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, AUG 11)

Good morning Jean!  I'm packing this morning - printing dog instructions, maps etc. Excited and busy. Praying my dog will be happy.  We found the cheapest solution I could for the dog and praying that it is ok for her.  It's a family $17 a night.  I had no idea that it was so expensive - of course she is worth it but next time we will have a better alternative.  The woman who offered to keep her - I think she was just being nice and didn't really mean it.

Not much else here.  I need to can jelly today or freeze those blackberries!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Good Morning/Afternoon, and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  No TSV for me either.  I like the look, but wearing a long cardigan like that is just not all that practical for me.  I think it would get in the way of many of my activities.  Hope any who order it enjoy it very much.  I watched much of the Kipling show last night, but I was not tempted.  While I really like my (Bernie's) purse, I have decided I really don't care for the combination straps and handles.  Don't know if that makes sense, but.....

Good for you with starting to get some subbing jobs.  I saw that some school districts near here are relying on substitutes since they are unable to attract full-time, qualified teachers. 

In answer to twinny's question -- I see Larry deteriorating, unfortunately.  He is on hospice now, and he seems to be getting thinner and slowing down.  He has his moments, but one thing that upset me was when I asked him the other day how he was doing, and he said that he was lonely.  I know his wife and family visit sometimes, and  the caregivers try to give him hugs and affection, but I guess it is just not enough.

Fortunately, DH was doing well yesterday, and the hospice nurse and I discussed my concerns (nap time, etc.)  She will be looking into it for me, and I feel better.

Need to get ready to go out to lunch with the "seniors" from the senior lunch program (yes, I'm a senior, but.... )  Hope that it will be a nice trip.  The weather on my walk this morning was pretty nice (not too hot), but it should make it into the mid or upper 90's today.

Waves to all of our posters and readers, and have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- Have a great trip, Kathleen.  Hope it works out for the dog.  I remember thinking the same thing about how much it cost to board dog(s), but didn't find inexpensive alternatives very often.

Respected Contributor

Linda it makes me so happy (just like Bernie said) when you have a good DH report.  It makes me sad to think of people lonely too.  Have fun at your lunch!

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, it has been so nice for over a week.  We are expecting rain this afternoon & tonight which we need. We had a little drizzle this morning.  I am glad that you are already getting some subbing jobs & possibly more will come your way.

Rock Chick, we have had a lot of fresh blueberries, blackberries, strawberries & bing cherries.  Blackberry jam is one of our favorites.  Enjoy your trip.  My DH & I have a trip to WA & OR on out bucket list.  Yes, it is expensive to get pet sitters.  My parents did it for 6 weeks a loooong time ago & it was pricey then. 

Linda L. That is sad about Larry being lonely.  You are so good about seeing your DH often & seeing to his needs.  I have no regrets about my DH & I visiting my mom 6 days a week despite my brother telling me I didn't have to go so often.  At 95 I knew that my time with mom was limited.

I got up at 6:00 this morning thinking that it was Saturday.  Showered & shampooed & drove downtown for my walk at 7:00.  I was home before 8:00.  When my DH got up at 8:15 we headed for Qwik Trip.  It is still customer appreciation day.  We saw lots of friends getting the breakfast sandwiches at $1.00 & free cappuccinos or coffee.  The sandwiches were much better than McDonald's at $3.49.

Then I picked up a RX & got groceries.  Lunch is fresh fruit & dinner is Tilapia & French fries.  

We hot tubbed before lunch.  An afternoon nap is calling my name.  I want to go to the "concert on the square"  tonight if it doesn't rain.  DH hopes to play ball as this is his last game 

Hugs to all of you.

Honored Contributor

Hi ladies,

Image result for happy weekend to all graphics

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Kathleen--I do hope you enjoy your trip. Yes, boarding of our pets while we are gone can be expensive. I board Midnight with the vet in the city as there are few boarding facilities and he gets along well with them once he gets there. I don't have the bill from the last stay but it was in the range of $12 to $14 a night. I usually have to take him down the day before I leave and pick  him up the day after, so the typical bill for boarding is usually around $140. We love our furbabies and want them to be well care for while we are gone, so the price is worth it for peace of mind.

Linda--I'm with you on the effect of wearing the TSV for several hours on the job. I'm picturing all the picks and pulls it would get from desks, objects, etc. that would catch it. I missed the Kipling show but had planned to catch it, but I see there is a show on at 5pm Eastern time.  I usually  carry a bag on my shoulder or crossbody so those bags that have both handles and straps are usually not on my radar. I am glad that you are able to keep active by walking and through your vounteer activities. Good news on DH.

Twinny--That is so funny about you getting your days mixed up. Often, days blend together for me also and I really have to think of what day it is. It isn't much of a problem once school begins. You are doing well getting in your exercise also. I would love to see customer appreciation days with those pricings. Enjoy!

meallen--Thank you for the great graphic. YOu al

I confess that this exerise routine is beginning to get to me. I'm still managing to do it each day but I really have to talk myself into it lately. I'm fine once I get started; today, I am feeling very tired from it and my calves are complaining.

I guess I'll read some this afternoon and then try to catch the Kipling show. What I really need to do is to pretend I am moving and see what all can go but right now, I am tired.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good morning all --

It's been a very busy week getting ready for a big family vaca.  Doing last minute things today and hopefully, will be able to relax and visit for the next couple of weeks.

We don't have any pets, as most of you do.  I can only imagine that added worry.  I hope all the 4-legged youngsters do just fine.

Haven't spent any time shopping clothes or accessories.  Just some groceries for the next few days.  I do have a couple of Isaac long cardigans, really enjoy them.  I don't seem to wear them often, so certainly don't need anymore.

I can't believe it's so close to school time.  I don't know where my summer went this year.  All of you teachers might already be getting your teaching game face on for the start of it.  Enjoy those kiddos.

If you're getting your vaca underway, enjoy everyone.

I'm happy to hear that the loved ones are doing well, but very sad to hear of a resident that is feeling lonely for lack of visitors.

I've been too busy to exercise this week, the trick is to do some in moderation so body parts are not talking back too loudly.  We plan to do some hiking, I hope my legs behave.

Have a fabulous couple of weeks, watch those CCs.  I'm afraid ours will be screaming for awhile.  I'm not going to concentrate on that noise, rather the chatting and laughter from our get together.

Take care everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@3suwm5, the credit cards may be screaming for a couple of weeks but you are creating great memories with the family,  and I'm sure than you have planned well  budgeting for this wonderful time. Enjoy your time; it is well deserved!

Why is it that the prices on some items seem to increase quarterly but the price on those Denim &  Co Original Waist pants seem to stay the same? I used to order them all the time, and am wearing a pair now,

Have you ever done this?

pricetag.jpg

Honored Contributor

Thanks for starting the thread Jean @KonaKat.  It rained last night so I knew lawn mowing would be out for the day once I looked out the window.  I watched the morning Denim & Co show with Carolyn and Gary while having coffee.  I had the new feather print top in the grey color in my cart for about an hour and then returned the top to inventory, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise