Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, APRIL 23)

Hi Everyone!

I couldn't get access to the forums yesterday. I was locked out like so many others. I'm relieved that they resolved the glich. Fingers crossed.

I saw MaryBeth this am filling in for Leah on Fashion. What a professional showing the differencre in the length of jeans. I always enjoy her. I saw a few things that caught my eye but I still have another round of clothes decluttering before any new items are purchased. Making progress. I figure if it goes slow that's better for the budget and that's a good thing. 

I did splurge and second and third guessed my purchases of two VPH garden statues. They were pricy but more reasonable than what I have seen anywhere. It's what I was searching for the front porch garden. I was all set to cancel them and they had shipped already. They arrived yesterday and are so nice. I'm so happy with them. I'm finally pleased with the front area. What a work in progress. I think I may be "done" with it other than putting the gazing ball out there. 

It nice to hear that some of you are able to get together with family or have a meal outside of the home. Just some normal activities are a postive feeling. I'm hoping to make a trip to the At Home store today to purchase the trellis for the back hedges. It's just a deterant so the deer do not eat them down to the ground.

I did see that they finally got the solid vinyl bent down low enough to eat the hosta. I'll have to get taller fence posts for that area. I have a second one that I'm hoping to install on the side hill garden. The bunny  families and groundhogs have claimed that as their buffet. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, APRIL 23)

Fressa, I tried a few times to get on the forums yesterday and then gave up.  I am glad that your garden statues are winner's.  Now if only you can stop the buffets with the  bunnies and ground hogs.

Our weather has been decent so after we got done with the grocery shopping, I was able to hang out lots of laundry yesterday.  Then it was a trip to the gym.

On Wednesday, we took a nice road trip to our favorite cheese factory & couple of neighboring towns.  It was so nice to be able to get out and enjoy the scenery.

The good news around here is that our 16 year old dgd passed her driving test yesterday.  She was so happy to get it on the first try like her 2 brothers did.  I think that it was more nerve wracking for her Dad as she was in his sports car vs their van.  Next Thursday she will get her 2nd vaccination along with her middle db and dad.  Hopefully they won't have any bad side effects.  

The spring cleaning job is all done.  The final job was to wipe down my baby high chair.  Why I keep it, I have no idea.  I am not a very sentimental person, but both of our dc used it as well as our 3 dgc.

We are going to have a light lunch before enjoying the hot tub and then a trip to the gym. 

Dinner tonight is a drive thru carry out from Culver's.  Yum.  Yum.   I can taste the shrimp basket already.

If the pandemic wasn't still going on, we would be at the World's Largest Fish Fry in Paris, TN tonight and then heading down to Louisiana at which time we would have been to all 50 states.  Our goal Lord willing is for September.

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Honored Contributor

Hey folks, I tried to get online here a couple of times yesterday and gave up.  It was weird, I'd put my email and then add the password and it would take me back to the email entry again.  I had no patience for it yesterday.  Since my sister did her own grocery shopping this week (she's on vacation) I didn't do mine until this morning.  I was in and out and noticed more seniors not wearing masks.  My philosophy is this - your body, your choice.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, our Gov. tried to renew our mask mandate a few weeks ago and it got vetoed. Yesterday we did our usual Thursday morning grocery shopping.  Aldi's no longer had a "must wear a mask" sign on the door.  The other two grocery stores I am not sure about as we were in & out in a flash.  Wal-Mart has a must wear a mask sign, but a lot of people weren't wearing one.    After we went to the gym in the afternoon, I decided to just walk around the square.  Very few places had a "must wear a mask" on their doors.   The next time I am walking around the downtown area, I will do a better job of looking to see who has a mask mandate.  If they don't, I will not go in.

My next infusion is Monday morning and I can't wait to hear what my nurses tell me what I can or cannot be doing.  

Off to the gym.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama--The system did the same goofy thing when I tried to sign in a few times. I even was able to get a cs on chat and she said I would have to have my husband authorize me using the account. WHAT???? iI told her it was a joint account and QVC didn't have any problem taking my credit card on Monday. She said she would report the problem. Honestly......At least it's fixed. 

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Sorry you had trouble getting into the website yesterday Fressa, Glenda, and Bernie.  I didn't try until late, and I did post, but I think everyone had given up by then.

Glad you are happy with your VPH garden statutes.  I like many of her things.  I didn't see Mary Beth, but I like her and Leah very much.

There are still some stores here that say masks are required, but others don't or don't enforce the rule.  So, many more people are going maskless.  That doesn't include me since I would rather be safe than sorry as my Mom used to say.

I'm back from my first lunch with friends in more than a year, and it was great.  We met at a pizza place, and it turned out that they were "temporarily" closed until 4:00 p.m.  So, we drove to another restaurant and ate out on their patio.  It was great catching up.  All three of them are older than me (not that I'm young), and I am learning some more about what often happens with age.  For one thing, all three had sort of neglected their teeth for a while, and ended up having huge dental expenses to replace crowns, have dentures, root canals, etc.  I will try to avoid that problem if possible by keeping up my appointments, but ......

Unfortunately, Bev just heard from her doctor that the tumor was cancerous, and the cancer has spread.  She goes to the oncologist next week to get all the details.  But, she has decided against trying more treatments.  On the positive side, she is still feeling well.

Lunch took longer than expected, and I want to do some exercise now. 

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda