Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, APRIL 22nd)

Good Afternoon/Evening!  Hope everyone has had a nice Friday.  Our high for today is predicted to be 80 degrees -- very dry, sunny, and windy.  So called "Red Flag" warnings due to the chance of fire.

I had a nice walk this morning, and then did an exercise DVD.  I'm very excited since I will be going to a "newcomers" barbecue this evening, and then a concert by the former music directors at the church.  They moved to Michigan a year or so ago since they couldn't afford two houses with no income (no performances). But, they have performed weekly concerts on Facebook.  So nice to be able to see them in person.

DD seems to be in a good mood, and hopeful that their home will sell.  Certainly lots of "lookers".  Also, youngest DGS had a call back about a job in South Carolina that he would really enjoy.  Hope that they follow through and hire him.

I have seen some Q programming, and looked at the website today.  I saw part of a presentation of a hot tub, and naturally thought of Glenda.  Very disappointed to see that the First Aid Beauty Repair Cream is now offered at about double the previous price.  I really like the cream, but spending $80 on cream just doesn't make sense to me.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, APRIL 22nd)

Hi Linda @LindaLatte  I caught some on Lester on NBC's nightly news last night and saw reporting on the fires in AZ.  My nerves would be shot.  It's supposed to rain tonight, they may have said expect thunderstorms I have to check, and it should be near 80 degrees here tomorrow.  For reference, It's nearly 6 pm as I type this and it's 56 degrees. This is the new normal.

The google doodles for today - Earth Day - were striking.

I hope that you have fun at the BBQ and enjoy your concert tonight.  How lovely that the music directors are able to visit AZ and put on a show.  I hope that your DD's house sells soon and it's encouraging that your DGS might have a job lined up in SC (fingers crossed).

It's such a shame that the First Aid Cream shot up in price like that. 

I finally received my JCP order from last week (I think) today.  Winner winner Woman Happy

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Linda L, Red Flag warnings would scare me too.  We got rain all day today and we are in need of it as we are still in a moderate drought.  Yesterday was near 69°, today it's in the 50's & we are supposed to be near 79° tomorrow.  I prefer sunny and 60's.   Have fun at your newcomers bbq and the concert.  It's so nice that it's put on by former church music director's.  I hope that your dd's  house sells quickly.  Good luck to your dgs in getting the job that he desires.  That's a shame that the first aid cream is so $$$. 

Bird Mama, I think that your weather is like ours.  All over the place and I think  Mother Nature forgot to give us a nice Spring.  Enjoy your JCP purchases.

It's been a busy week.  More in a few minutes.🤔🤔🤔

Hugs to all of you.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

It's been a busy week here.  On Monday, we went to our Senior Center and heard a wonderful speaker talk about his many trips to Ireland.

On Tuesday, I went to see Marry Me again at the Senior Center.  Dh stayed home as one of is brother was in town all day and was able to get the door knob back on which he removed to replace & couldn't get back on a few days before.   I am happy that they changed all 4 of them as they were the original ones when we built our house.

On Wednesday, we went to see my newly widowed cousin.  She is doing fine and told us about how they planned to get their ashes buried in our hometown.  Her parents tombstone and her dh's parents tombsone (which  are in my family's cemetery) are back to back which is one in a million as they bought lots that were offered to them at the time of purchasing them.  My cousin and her dh's names are engraved on the back of her parents stone which faces her in-laws stone.  Next month when we go to several different cemeteries, we will look at it.  

Then my cousin showed me the beautifully wooden urn made by her dgd/bf.  It's  stunningly beautiful with 3 different kinds of wood and a beautiful plaque on the back of it.  Sorry  this might be too much information.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Linda L,  we haven't been in the hot tub for a couple of days. It's either been too rainy or windy.   It will be so nice getting in tomorrow.  Then it's supposed to be cold for the next two weeks.  

We had a fun time with the 3 dgc on Saturday for our Easter lunch.  They still love an Easter egg hunt and my dh was able to hide  them outdoors.

This morning, we spent several hours planning our trip going through the Natchez Trace Parkway.  My cousin that we visited on Wednesday,  did this 444 mile trip with her dh a few years ago.  Lots of things to see and do. We hope it's as fun as the Route 66 vacation was a few years ago. Our goal is to finally get to the state of Louisiana.  

We have lots of things to do in the next few days.  We did get an oil change etc. on the Subaru on Wednesday, but my dh needs to wash it tomorrow and I need to vacuum it out.

We are leaving home on Tuesday morning,  staying overnight in a State Park 2 hours from my niece's home &  getting to my niece's on Wednesday for dinner with her family at Cracker Barrel & an overnight stay.  

Thursday is my dh's birthday, so we are going to the World's Largest fish in in Paris, TN on Friday.

It's going to be a fun filled two weeks.  I will read & post when I am able to.

Glenda

P.S. my neighbor lady that was stabbed by her son last week

is out of the hospital and recuperating at home.  The sad situation was gruesome.

Honored Contributor

Glenda @twinny70   that's not too much information.  Death is a  part of life and how we honor our dead is important.  When my husband died, I had his ashes in the plain box that they give you at the crematory for a year.  My husband was good with woodworking and I had in my mind an idea for his urn.  It took me a year to find what had been in my mind's eye.  The company is no longer in business and the husband of the couple who ran the company died several years ago.  I stumbled across Kettle River Urns and when I read the story of how they get started (man good with wood and when his MIL was dying his wife asked him to make her mother's casket by hand), I thought this is the place.

The small company was based in a small town in Washington state.  My husbands urn is heavy oak and when it arrived I knew my husband would have appreciated the craftsmanship of the woodworking.  

Honored Contributor

I'm excited for you regarding your trip.  Is Louisiana the last state on your list to visit?  Have you seen the other 49?  I live vicariously through you @twinny70 

Esteemed Contributor

LindaLatte----What a nice pair of events with the bbq and concert. It sounds so enjoyable. I will keep my fingers crossed that DD's house sells fast and your DGS gets the job he wants. So nice to see the "kids" progressing in their lives. 

I like the First Aid beauty cream but was stunned by the price. I read that P&G purchased the company. I'm not sure if that's a fact or not but the price is crazy. (even at the large size)

Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama---I'm glad your JCP order finally arrived. It's always a bonus when you find a great sale and everything is better than you expected. 

It's been rainy and cold all week but today it's going to be 80! I put the a/c on. The dogs were starting to sweat that's my sign. LOL 

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny70----You know how to plan a vacation. It sounds so wonderful! It reminded me of our highway vacations (more of when we at the ranch) and what fun they were. 

Enjoy your vaca!!!