Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, APRIL 1)

Good morning, shopping friends. It is a rainy day here but I will make my own sunshine. Right now, I'm watching the C. Wonder show. I did see the TSV presented and wouldn't mind having some cargo pants but I am no Barbara Eden who can wear harem pants as she did in "I Dream of Jeannne."

I went to the city yesterday for hopefully the final appointment with the podiatrist. The news is that the broken bones in the big toe and lower foot have healed but I will have to massage the areas each day to help eliminate scar tissue as the extra boney tissue has left the toe stiff and potential arthritis problems in the foot. I already have arthritis in that foot area from a broken ankle years ago.

Afterwards, I met my cousin for a lunch at the Olive Garden. We had the best server we had ever experienced there, and we talked with the manager regaring his excellent service.

I'm still awaiting the results of the heart Echo test. The treadmill nuclear stress test revealed no new abnormalities and all was as expected with someone of my age, weight and heart condition.

I am in a shopping mood. I had planned to spend some time yesterday doing that but my cousin and I spent 3 hours over lunch. A storm looked as if it was brewing and the winds were getting high, so I went home. Who knows? I might find something on the Q today. I do know that the Post Office has my SG TSV dress so I will be venturing out today to get it as well as picking up a prescription at the drug store.

Each of us are facintg different challenges in our daily life. We must focus upon the positive while working to eliminate or control the challenges facing us. Stress can result in our making bad decisions such as excess comfort food or even excess shopping. Let us be alert to the messages we are sending ourselves.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, APRIL 1)

Good morning to everyone, and thanks to @KonaKat, for the start this morning. Glad to hear your pod. appt went well yesterday and that you had such a nice time at lunch. Sorry the weather threatened and you could not shop while in the city, but perhaps you will find something to your liking today on the Q. It's nice when the service is good, at restaurants, or elsewhere. Hope when your Echo test results come, that they are positive also. Also hope your SG dress is a keeper for you. Enjoy your day.

It is super windy and cold here today. I am going to do part of my grocery shopping. I sometimes shop at Aldi, and that is the part I am doing today. That is the only shopping I will be doing. I had the C. Wonder show on, while I was doing other things, so didn't see much of it, but saw a couple things that were cute, but not necessarily for me. Guess I need to get on my way. Have a great day everyone! Waves....

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Snicks--Enjoy your grocery shopping. I haven't been in an Aldi's for several months. The one in the city was a mess the last time I was there. I understand that they differ from one location to another. The one in the city is located in a section far off my beaten path, so the time involved of getting there is a factor I consider along with my first impressions. Obviously, if it had really impressed me a few months ago, I might have been influenced to check it out more often.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

It's a beautiful, warm day out - I'm headed out to do errands in a little while. My car had passed inspection with no problem and i have to get the registraton taken care of, which was due yesterday. 

Jean, we have three local Aldi stores, and all of them are very good and well-managed. I get all my basics there, and love seeing what new things they have every week; their flavored coffees are wonderful - right now I have chocolate donut and coconut.  I haven't been to Outback in about two years now - the last time I was less than satisfied, and just haven't had any desire to go back.

Susan, I'm hoping and praying that keeping the gas tank half full will take care of the problem; instead of putting money into this car, I'd rather hold off until I can get a newer one. I've decided on a Honda Odyssey, as I can put the third seat down and get one of those cage barriers, then the dogs can have their own area to ride in and not get my enfire car covered in fur.  Cat Happy

Did you find your contact, Charlene?  I've been using the disposable ones for years now. Each pair is supposed to last for 30 days, but the eye doctor told me that it's OK to wear them as long as they feel comfortable. I've been getting up to five-six months' wear out of each pair unless I lose one; a box (well, two boxes - one for each eye) lasts me for about two years.

I did get my shoes and hanging tops swapped out last night, and got another bag filled for the missions closet. So many clothes I've never worn!  Cat Frustrated I couldn't decided whether to keep or give away some things, and finally approached the job as if I were shopping:  Is this something I would want to buy?  It's surprising how many things I have that either no longer interest me, or I don't know why I bought them in the first place.  All that remains to be swapped out is summer tops in the chest that's filled with sweaters; the summer tops have already been sorted through, and I'm hoping I can come up with another bag of sweaters that I can give away. What I've been doing is filling the chest, then after I've worn a few things swap them out for something new.

Nothing else going on; homework for one class got done yesterday, and I'll finish the work for the other tonight. This weekend's projects are going to be floors (again!) and polishing the furniture, and maybe I'll get the honeysuckle that's taking over the porch cut back.

Hi to everone - have a blessed day!

Esteemed Contributor

Arlene--good job on weeding out the closet. Sometimes, we just have too many things which makes making a decision on what to wear more difficult. Things get shoved to the back of the closet/s and go unforgotten. Whatever system we use, we need to keep our clothes selection in a mangeable fashion. Sometimes that can be a real challenge. I am trying to use the method right now while working part time of "two things go out for each things coming in."

I just received a call from Cardiology about the results of the Echo test. I do have some leakage of the heart valves. For the time being, it will be monitoring of the situation, exercise, etc. Other than that, all is good.

Respected Contributor

Afternoon, Thanx to @KonaKat for the start & the wise words in your post.  Glad you acknowledged the server at OG, I'm sure it'll mean a lot to him/her.

Did some grocery shopping this AM & if the weather holds will get back in the yard.  Was supposed to have our "martini & pizza" nite but one of the neighbors is not feeling well so it's postponed till next Friday so I have a free afternoon.

Glad Tidings (wanted to say that) to all here & those that stop by

Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started Jean.  I don't know enough about heart valves to understand what your Echo results mean, but I'm happy that only monitoring is needed for now.  Interesting about massaging your foot and arthritis.  Hope you don't have too much arthritis pain.  Your lunch yesterday sounds great.  Glad you let the manager know about your very good server.  I have not been to Olive Garden for a while, and the last time our server was not good at all.  Not that I complained, but.....

The TSV pants are not for me either.  I think they would probably be cute on the right body, just not mine.  

I took a nice walk after I dropped off DH, and then I went to the card store before my appointment with the lawyer.  I will be having her do some additional work for my will, etc. -- to undo what the bogus "estate attorney" did in the past.  I'm trying to make things as easy as possible for DD when I pass.  Not that I'm planning to do so any time soon, but.... 

It should be warmer here today (reach 70 degrees or so) -- thank goodness.  DH and I took a walk yesterday and between the wind and cool temperatures, it was less than pleasant.  

His eye doctor appointment went okay, but not great.  DH had such trouble getting in and out of the exam chair (he had to do this twice), and he could not read the letters on the chart.  He could see them, just not say what they were.  He did manage a few, but not many.  And, the tech could not take his eye pressure.  The doctor said that his eyes seemed to be okay (no macular degeneration and cataracts don't need to be removed).  And, his eye irritation issue is due to some sort of chronic eyelid infection.  I need to put hot compresses on his eyes twice a day for five minutes to help.  The doctor usually wants him to come back once a year, but told me he doesn't need to come unless he has a problem.  I know the doctor was pretty upset about the chair issue.   

Hope you found some good stuff at Aldi's, snicks.  We don't have any in our area, but I used to shop there from time-to-time when I lived in Maryland.  They had some interesting items and good prices on some things.

Glad your car passed inspection, Arlene, and I hope you enjoy your beautiful day.

Good luck with your yard work, spix.

Waves to Kathleen, twinny (hugs), Bernie, Susan, Marijane, Charlene, LindaR, Rosa, Karen, pinky ann, Gayle, Barbara, and all of our posters and readers.

I will go to the grocery store soon -- really want some fresh fruit and a few other things.  

Have a nice evening everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hello all, I'm tardy to the party today.

A lady I worked with 20 years ago in the audit division is retiring today after 47 years of service (God Bless her).  I saw the announcement in the weekly corporate newsletter last week and made sure to put it on my calendar for the day.  I must say, I was blessed in 35 years to have my dream job that fit me like a glove (Information Technology) and my dream supervisor and dream group of people (Audit Division).  I worked in the Audit division for 7 years before moving on to IT.

She works in a different building a couple of blocks away (we're scattered around a little) so I walked over to say goodbye and good luck.  It was like old home week.  Some of the girls who've retired in the last 20 years came back to wish Margaret well and it was nice being around some of the girls that worked in the area at the same time I worked in the area.

I was saddened to hear that my former supervisor (who retired a few years back, after I left the area) was recently diagnosed with stage IV pancreatic cancer.  That man was all you could ever want in a leader.

Breaks my heart, he is only 63.  I've been kind of melancholy all afternoon and don't mean to be a drag on the thread.

I'm glad that your results aren't serious Jean and that everyone else seems to be maintaining.

LindaL - I'm not sure what to think about the eye doctor's attitude.  Was he upset with your beloved or that his exam chair cannot accommodate someone with a disability.  I'll reserve my anger (although it's simmering right now, lol) until you clarify.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Nice that you were with some of your old work buddies, Bernie.  But, that is very sad about your former supervisor.  Pancreatic cancer has taken several of my friends, including one of the "three musketeers" from high school.  She was only 60 years old when she died.

The eye doctor was nice, just unable to cope with DH's issues.  He (the doctor) is an older man and not all that big.  So, I think he was nervous about helping DH in and out of the chair, etc.  Sometimes, it can be a major challenge to do so.  I am sort of happy I don't need to bring him back there unless something bad happens.  The fewer doctor or dentist visits with him the better.  Not easy on either of us.

Honored Contributor

@LindaLatte

Okay then, I am no longer mad at the eye doctor, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise