Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, APR 24)

Greetings, shopping friends. It is a dreary, rainy day but I spent the morning doing a few chores. One included installing the new toilet seat riser plus the new toilet seat. This is the type in which the riser goes directly on the toilet with the toilet seat going on top with a super long bolt going through both of them. Let's just say the old toilet seat bolts wanted to resist my loosening them and removing them so I could take the old seat off. I finally conquered them and the task was then quickly done. The house is old so the bathroom is small so space to move is limited.

Barbara had a good point about tops that buttoned in the front should I need to have that surgery. I have exactly zero, so I went to Amazon to see what I could find at a reasonable price. I have no idea when this will come off or if it even will but I decided to go ahead and get a couple of tops. I can always wear them. Two were less than one from the Q.

I got my Lug TSV. I haven't looked at it yet but I didn't like the way it was shipped. Are you ready? It came in a clear bag without the usual Q shipping package. There was an open pocket on the clear bag in which the invoice was inserted but could have come out easily as it was not closed.

I believe Linda asked about what patterns I got in the TSV pajamas. I got the black and the teal. Now, to see if they arrive in a clear bag for everyone to see.

Right now, I'm heading to read. My arm is hurting from the work this morning but it had to be done and it was something I could do. I am no Bernie but there are some things around the house I can do.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely and also be safe!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, APR 24)

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today.  Good job on the home project, but, sorry the arm is hurting you.  Do take care, this is no time for emergencies. I am sorry the Lug bag came in such a sad shipping state.  I have received a shirt from Duluth Trading yesterday and it had no plastic on the shirt, it was just shoved into the shipping bag.  I was a little disappointed in that.  Oh well. 

Not much happening here, just do laundry today.  I do need to get the dog out for her walk and maybe get a longer walk in for me.  I did do a little cleaning and was sweeping the floor the other day, decided the sweeper did not sound right and the floor just did not look swept.  So, I turned the sweeper over and found out the opening was 90% clogged.  Okay that answered the question as to why the floor looked so bad.  Guess I need to pay better attention to my sweeper.  Not sure how long it has been that bad.  All this time I thought I was cleaning the floor.  

Well the dryer just buzzed and need to get the clothes out.  Hope everyone has a great afternoon.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  Sorry about your weather.  It is sunny and warm/hot here.  I took my walk at 7:00 a.m., and it was pretty warm by the time I got home.  Also, I was very hungry.  I think I will try to leave earlier tomorrow.  But, it was beautiful out -- nice cactus in bloom, etc.   Hope you like the pajamas and tops you ordered.  I am thinking about ordering a button front shirt myself, and I'll check out Amazon.  

Good for you with completing your house project.  I am always so happy when I am able to do jobs like that -- definitely not like Bernie, but not totally helpless so far.

That was certainly not a good way to ship your Lug bag.  Hope your arm feels better.

Hi Susan.  Hope you enjoy your walk(s).  That is funny about the sweeper.  I have found similar things in the past, and wondered how long that has been an issue.

DD said my SIL was told that they expect to re-open his office on May 11th.  He is not sure that will happen, and I think he would prefer to work from home longer.  Youngest DGS had to go into the office today since he is in charge of their computers, and some new part? came that he must install.  

Not sure what I'll be doing today, but I have plenty of cleaning and organizing to do.

Waves to all of our posters and readers. Hope everyone has a good day and stays safe.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Jean. Good job with getting the toilet job done.  I had sore arms a few weeks ago when we were doing our spring cleaning job.  It took a lot of elbow grease. That is strange pkg. for the Lug bag.  I remember how nice things used to arrive here.  Tissue paper and a nice coat hanger.  I have a few button down tops because I have a "port" & the nurse has to be able to get to it.  That's about the only time that I wear them.

Susan, it seems like I am doing a lot more laundry since we are self distancing when we go out shopping.  I like to keep the house etc. clean, but it's extra work to sanitize everything that we touch.  I can't imagine having children here trying to keep up with them.  I don't have a floor sweeper, but our vacuum cleaner needs to get a new bag now and then.

Linda L, we are partly sunny and about 60°, so there's a big difference in our part of the country.  It's good that your SIL will be going back to work pretty soon.  Yes, working from home has a lot of benefits.  It sounds like your dgs is doing fine with his job too.

I thought that it was going to rain today, but it's nice.  I guess we will get it tomorrow.  

My DH planted grass seed yesterday and said that he needed to buy a new sprinkler.  Apparently the old one was broken when he tried to use it & he washed the picture window by mistake.  Since it's his birthday next week, I snuck down to Farm and Fleet this morning when he was out for his walk & bought one with a lifetime warranty.  Most people had a mask on & self distancing was very easy.  Not many people were there at that time.

Fressa, I do my jobs around here like you do.  When I have the energy, which is usually in the morning when I first get up.  I also like to have a few different projects to work on.  Not big ones like you are working on though.  Some days I do nothing & I make no apologies.  One day at a time is fine with me.

Supper is a drive thru at Culver's.  Yippee!

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

Today started out cold and cloudy with rain and now it's warm and sunny. By the time I realize that the it's not me with the temperature "issue" it's near dinner time. LOL

KomKat--You were so lucky that you got your bag and your invoice/id information in tact. It scares me to think about thsoe packages I recieve that the invoice is missing. I don't know what the "system" is for packaging anymore but clearly a "needs imrpovement" meeting is required. I received a box of bulbs two days ago and the box was open on the top. The invoice was taped to the box lid and the sticker glue was stuck to the bulb bags. Honestly......

I received my masks and glvoes fron SunJoe this afternoon and was very pleased with them. I ordered another set of masks for my husband because his company is hinting they may require them even once they reutrn (for awhile). I did a practice run on my "old" mask with washing it and it went well. The masks from Sun Joe have preferation holes (like pin pricks) along the side so I think it will be easier on my breathing issue. They are still in stock as well as cleaners if anyone is in need.

I did something to my pointer finger yesterday weeding and planting in the patio area. I wear leather gloves so either I got stung (allergic to bee stings) or it was a piece of tin that peirced the glove.  I forgot my bag of dirt so I just concentrated on the planters that were already in place. I had the dogs out there with me. It's tricky tossing the ball with one hand and digging a hole for a bulb with the other. I'm not the most coordinated person so I always have to check I'm tossing the correct object. ha ha!! They were ready for bed by 6PM. ha ha!!  Tomorrow, I hope to tackle the front side gardens and the mail box planter. Rain is predicted all day so I'll see how far I get.

I received a few emails from some stores near me saying they were going to open with adjusted precautions and safe distancing in place. I found that encouraging and a bit of a stress relief. I never thought I would be so grateful to be able to puchase a planter but I'm going to enjoy every minute of it.

Stay safe & comfy. Have a good afternoon/evening.

Honored Contributor

Jean @KonaKat  you are not the only one who was shocked about the shipping 'container' for the Lug TSV.  Other folks who bought it were shocked at the packaging.  Congrats on getting the toilet/riser bolted.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

Oooh Susan @PAlady  I'd be bummed out if a retailer shoved a shirt into a shipping bag.  Luckily for me, JCP is still hermetically sealing their items before they ship Woman Very Happy

Honored Contributor

Linda @LindaLatte  My state is extending the stay home order until May 15th however a few things like landscaping, lawnmower/bike repair and golf/boating is opening.  She's not allowing golf carts (walk the course) and of course folks are screaming.  Some folks just can't be happy.

Honored Contributor

Yea I don't know how people with kids are doing it Glenda @twinny70 

Honored Contributor

Hi @Fressa  I think home depot type stores around here will be allowed to  sell paint, plants and other things now (or really soon).  I didn't watch the press conference Woman Very Happy