Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, APR 24)

As far as I know, golf courses are considered "essential" in Arizona, so golfers have been out playing (and using their golf carts) like usual, Bernie.  Some people have objected -- said the golfers were not social distancing, and some of the golfers have come back saying that they are doing so.  I did read that at least one golf course only allows one person per cart and disinfects them when they are brought back.  Since I am not a golfer and don't walk or drive past one regularly, I can't say one way or another.

Just FYI, Glenda -- my SIL has never stopped working, just has been working from home, which he prefers.  For one thing, the office is quite far away, and he needs to pay substantial tolls to get there and back or the commute is even further.  I know that he works long hours at home (sometimes early in the morning until late in the evening), but he likes not having to commute or expose himself to the possibility of the virus.  

Good thing your weather is cool since you prefer it.  Give me warm/hot weather anytime.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, APR 24)

@LindaLatte wrote:

As far as I know, golf courses are considered "essential" in Arizona, so golfers have been out playing (and using their golf carts) like usual, Bernie.  Some people have objected -- said the golfers were not social distancing, and some of the golfers have come back saying that they are doing so.  I did read that at least one golf course only allows one person per cart and disinfects them when they are brought back.  Since I am not a golfer and don't walk or drive past one regularly, I can't say one way or another.

Just FYI, Glenda -- my SIL has never stopped working, just has been working from home, which he prefers.  For one thing, the office is quite far away, and he needs to pay substantial tolls to get there and back or the commute is even further.  I know that he works long hours at home (sometimes early in the morning until late in the evening), but he likes not having to commute or expose himself to the possibility of the virus.  

Good thing your weather is cool since you prefer it.  Give me warm/hot weather anytime.

Linda L, for some reason, I thought that your dsil was on furlough.  That's great news about saving $$ on tolls & not being exposed to the virus.