Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, APR 19)

Good Morning/Afternoon!  We are having a sunny and hot day today -- highs predicted in the mid 90's.  When I started my walk it was 51 degrees, and I needed my sweatshirt.  But, by the time I got home it was 65 degrees.  I always try to wear zip front jackets and sweatshirts on my walks because it is just too difficult to take off an over-the-head version.

I sort of rushed home because I was expecting a call from my broker (about re-investing some money from a municipal bond that had been "called"), but no call.  I wasn't too surprised since I know the market is closed for Good Friday, but I'm a bit annoyed at the broker for making an appointment for a day they are closed.  Looks like I'll need to call again next week.  It isn't a lot of money, but..... 

I'm meeting a friend for lunch again today -- this is getting to be a habit.  Not a bad one, but..... Most of my buddies like to go to lunch rather than dinner, and that is my hungry time, so I'm cool with it.  Today's lunch is with my friend who is 90 plus years old -- looks great for her age.

I don't have any interest in the TSV, but I was sort of interested in a different pair of shoes (sandals) that were presented.  That triggered my looking at my sandals, and I realized that no sandals are needed.   I wear sandals a lot here (given our hot weather), but wow is all that I can say.  I think at least one pair should be donated, but I'm not ready to make a big decision today.

My Caregivers meeting was good yesterday -- a couple of new ladies attended.  Both of their husbands have Parkinson's Disease.  They are both feeling overwhelmed trying to be Caregivers without assistance. I think we gave them lots of good suggestions (based on our experiences.)   Meanwhile, one of the ladies husband died since the last meeting.  In the past, she said that she was so mad at him that she would not mourn his death, but she changed her tune as they say.

Glad your DH's test came out well, Marijane. 

Waves to all of our posters and readers. .I hope your weather is okay, and you and yours are as well.  Please post if you have a chance.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, APR 19)

Hi everyone,

http://www.holmbywestwoodpoa.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/easter-passover-spring.jpg

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/2a/79/4f/2a794fd8f1ca40e1dd0cfa476c52f470--easter-funny-funny-things.jpg

Trusted Contributor

HELLO Ladies...it has turned into a beautiful day here..in the 70's and sunny..although they keep saying those storms down south will end moving up the east coast..  I saw a lot of damage down in those states snd unfortunately some deaths from trees falling on houses etc. 

I was out to the supermarket at 9 this morning and already the parking lot was almost filled...my regular store is still on strike.  I did find a parking spot pretty quick but by the time I finished the lot was a zoo...there was 5 cars with their blinkers on waiting to take my  parking place....I don't know who "won"

Hope you have a nice lunch Linda with your friend....I rather go out to lunch than dinner myself.

Cute graphics Meellen, thanks.

My DH had a call from his cardiologist this morning saying the test yesterday was fine.....see you in 6 months.

that's about all from here....have a nice day everyone.     Marijane. .

Honored Contributor

Hello all, it's overcast and has been raining on and off today.  It's funny, no matter when Good Friday falls on the calendar, I have to say that 9 times out of 10 in my life, it rains, which seems to feel right for the day Woman Happy

Not too much going on today.  Still no urge to shop.  Weirdly, I don't even feel like browsing.  I guess if I don't look I escape temptation, lol.

I did get my hair cut yesterday.  Boy did I need it.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Thank you for starting the thread. Yes, it was frustrating for your  broker to schedule an appointment for Good Friday. I prefer luncheon meetings also. 

meallen--Love the graphics. Both are great choices and I got a good laugh out of the hidden Easter Eggs.

Marijane--Glad your DH got a good report. You were lucky to find a good parking place by timing it right.

Berniie--I know the haircut made you feel better despite the rain today. Hopefully Sunday will not have rain.

It was much cooler today with 63 after the high of 90 yesterday. The predicted rain for today did occur all day. Despite that, I went to Kohls to use my 30% off on some bras, new pillows and 2 towel sets. Afterwards, I went shopping for groceries at the WalMart near it. These were all needs. I have sandals from last year still in good shape.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.