Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRIDAY, 1/30)

Twinny that's what I say too...and I don't have to get out to anyplace important. I have in the past been out and notice snow coming down and drop everything and go home..... My DD says I have enough food and stuff to survive months not going shopping.....she is right but I just like getting out. The other night on Jeopardy there was a lady who was a "retired homemaker". I said to DH that's what I want to be......how do I do that? he is retired but I still do housework,cook,shop etc. Oh well. Sounds like you have a nice boss Rosa.......thinking of his employees while he is on vacation.
Esteemed Contributor

Marijane, I scared myself to death. Somehow I hit ignore on your last post. Good thing I could unignore it. I remember when my DH retired, he told me that he didn't have to do anything he didn't want too. Now I remind him from time to time that I still have to cook. He still does lots of things inside the house & outside as my capabilities are limited.
Esteemed Contributor

I had a post but it disappeared. I must have hit cancel instead of submit when I replied right after Kathleen.

When it comes to driving on icy roads and snow, I will do it if there is a need. I have plenty of food in the house and the mail can wait, so I just choose to stay put. My experience with a multi-car pileup on black ice has taught me it is better to be safe. Add to that being caught out when a snow storm moved in faster than expected resulting in taking 3 hours to travel a normal 1 hour trip I just don't like Winter because of the hazards involved in going out, especially longer distances.

Kathleen--Good luck on the new job; Chance can be a challenge but it is one that you will handle well. Sorry about your getting the bug.

I had said much more in the other post, but I'm not going to re-create it.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

I am impressed with myself. I haven't bought groceries at WalMart or been in WalMart since December 31. In addition, I have only eaten out twice, once on New Years Day and once two weeks later. I have not bought anything that was not a need. I still have plenty of food so I will see if I can hold out to mid-February. I am trying to eat what I have on hand. Not being able to get out easily during snow events certainly makes it easier.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.