Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRI, JAN 29)

Greetings, shopping friends. I was up again at 4:30am. My body never switched to standard time. As a result, my internal alarms still function on Daylight Savings. I normally get up around 5am on Daylight Savings because of work, and the internal alarm goes off around that time every day.

What does one do when getting up that early? Lately for me, it has meant going through things and sorting out what needs to go. I've targeted a TV room, bookcases, filing cabinets, etc. but today will be some drawers in my bedroom to  see what clothes can go. I have a habit of wanting some new things but still wearing my favorites. Right now, I am wearing the TSV in leopard but with a slightly different style. I have found it to be a great house shoe for me. As a result, the Vionics TSV houseshoe in leopard has yet to be worn. Reminder to self; you liked the Vionics so I bought it; it was not a need at that time.

I need to go to the city before the next bad weather comes. I need to get my nails done and I want to look at some furniture and appliance items for planning for a spring purchase. That means I need to go today or tomorrow.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely. If you venture out, do so safely.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FRI, JAN 29)

Hi Everyone!

It's snowy, cloudy and cold today. Finally, some true winter weather for us. Later today I will have to pick up prescriptions and do some banking.  I have my fingers crossed that the lines aren't too long so I can squeeze in some domestic chores before dinner.

I did catch most of Leah's Fashion this AM.  I didn't purchase anything but I have to admit that a few items caught my eye. KomKat reminded me that I really need to sort thru the dresser drawers and see what is "hiding" in there. I did donate 1 turtleneck sweater to the donation pile last week but I do need to give them some serious attention.

Pajamas are on my list. I discarded a few at the beginning of Fall but have noticed that I really should discard even more. I do keep an item well past it's wear date. I just purchased pj's for my DIL for Christmas and had sticker shock. Typical! I think I could handled the cost if I was sure of the "fit". Reviews are all over the place regardless of the brand.

I enjoyed Garden day and only ordered 2 plants to replace the empty planters from last year. I'm hoping these will grow in the front and are truly "deer & rabbit resistent". LOL   I've decided if any of them don't make a return in the patio area that I'll just remove the planter for the extra space. I want to attempt one final downsizing of all the gardens.

I saw an ad for a new brand on QVC.  I think it's an organic cotton line. Some of the casual clothes look comfy but pricing is a bit high and I'm wondering about shrinking. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  It is mostly sunny, windy, and fairly warm now, but we are expecting rain later today or tonight.  Hope you are able to get to the city before the storm comes, Jean.  I sure wouldn't want to get up that early, but I know it is difficult to change patterns sometimes.  Good job on your sorting/de-cluttering.  Like you, I have "want" shoes and clothing.  I'm trying to improve, and I think I am doing a bit better, but.....  

Hi Fressa.  Glad you are enjoying your winter weather.  I am not a big PJ wearer, but I ordered a TSV last November.  They took ages to arrive, and they turned out to be too big for me.  I put them in the donation pile rather than deal with a return.  Big waste.  That was a purchase that I keep in mind when I see something that calls my name, but is a "want".  Hope the plants work out for you.

Sounds like you had a nice birthday despite all the changes, Glenda.  

DD said my SIL may come home today.  The doctor cut back on his oxygen last night, and totally removed it this morning.  His discharge depends on how he does.  Meanwhile, DD has spent a great deal of time thinking of how she will care for him when he comes home -- including diet and exercise.  She has many questions for the doctor before she brings him home.

Youngest DGS needed to go into work yesterday, and DD set up a protocol for him -- he must come in through the garage door, remove all his clothing and put it in a plastic bag, put on a robe she leaves for him, and then come in and take a shower.  She will immediately take his clothes down to the laundry and wash them.  It sounds like something I have seen with health care workers, and hopefully it will work.  Fortunately, he does not need to go into the office regularly, but he must sometimes to help with the computer network.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa--Like you, I enjoy pjs especially the ones that look more like lounge wear. I do hope the flowers you ordered work. Dresser drawers do have a habit of permitting some items to go into hiding, especially when in the back.

Linda--It is disappointing to order something that ends up being "cash in the trash" even if it is donated; it still represents "lost" money. I do hope your family back east copes well with the changes in routine because of t he virus.

It was a beautiful day so I did go to the city and got my nails done. I also went into a furniture store to gather some information prior to my making some decisions. That made the first big store I had been in since March 2020. I didn't see many people.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.