Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FAREWELL, 2016 DAY)

Good morning, shopping friends. It just seems like yesterday that we were welcoming in 2016 and now we are saying "Good-bye." For many of us, it has been a year of positives and that of negatives. It is so easy to focus upon the negatives, but we must remember that without any down points, we would not have a basis for appreciating the high points when they occur.

I'm watching AM Style right now as I enjoy it and Leah. After yesterday's indulgence in the Or Paz TSV and matching earrings, I don't think I'll indulge today. I'm debating the IM TSV but have never bought any of his clothing but do have a handbag and watchesd.

I'm not overly motivated today but I will try to part with some more things. I really need to go through some drawers and see what can go. Out of sight becomes out of mind and thus forgotten sometimes with me.

Have a great day. Celebrate the departure of the old year and the arrival of the new in a manner that fits your liifestyle, but let us all look forward to a more positive new year.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (FAREWELL, 2016 DAY)

[ Edited ]

@KonaKat

Jean, thanks for starting the last thread of the year.

This year certainly has gone by like a flash.  

I live what I call a gratitude based life which I firmly believe contributes to me being an overall happy person.  I can't say I've ever seen a happy ingrate, ha ha ha.  

I experienced the loss of many significant people who shaped the employee and the person that I've grown to be.  While I've shed my share of tears this year, I've remained grateful that these people were in my life (in one way or another).  They've contributed to the mosaic that is me.

I'm also in another one of my purging, organizing moods.  Usually hits me hard at least once a quarter, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning and thanks for getting us started, Jean.  I have three pairs of IM's ankle pants, and I really like them.  So, I may well be interested in the upcoming TSV.  Not sure when it will be a TSV since I no longer get the "insider".  I tried signing up for the on-line version, but it did not work.  Perhaps my lack of purchases had something to do with me being taken off the list.  I did buy some of the TSV's, but always waited to see them presented.  

There have certainly been positives and negatives for me this year.  I know that I have many blessings, and I do try to focus on them.  Speaking of which, DH was doing very well yesterday.  

I decided it was time to start taking down my Christmas decorations.  I usually wait until January 1st, but I'm trying to be more careful and thoughtful this time.  And, I am going through some of my linens to find things that are ready to donate.  When I accomplish these sorting jobs, I will allow myself to look at other items like clothing and cooking items.  De-cluttering is certainly an unending task for me.

Really had trouble sleeping last night, and I ended up taking a pain reliever around 2:00 a.m. since my head was hurting.  This morning I'm better, but moving slow.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers, and have a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hi everybody, I want to wish a happy and healthy new year to all of you, so, we can still be SHOPAHOLICS in 2017!

Image result for happy new year everyone images

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, I thought that 2016 would never end, but you are so right about the negatives in our lives & enjoying the positives.  Things could be so much worse for me.  You made some fun purchases yesterday.  Wear them in good health.  I enjoyed the ams chat & Leah today also.

It has been a busy week around here.  My BF & her DH stopped in Monday afternoon as they were passing through our hometown after going to a funeral.  On Tuesday we did lots of errands.  On Wednesday our nephew stopped in & we took him to Pizza Hut.  He loves his new job so we are happy for him.  

On Thursday, I called the travel agent & she emailed me the available travel dates for next March.  We are planning to go to Riviera Maya with my BF & her DH.  It will be our 47th wedding anniversary & their 50th in July.  He struggles heavily with PD so it will be challenging.  They were here yesterday after his dermatology appointment so we celebrated NYE with them.

I woke up early this morning, so will be taking a nap this afternoon.  DH  & I are eating dinner out tonight at a local restaurant & around midnight we will be enjoying the hot tub with a wine cooler.  I am glad that it won't be -20 like it was a couple of years ago.

It has been a mild week.  It is cloudy now, but they are calling for sunshine.  

Wishing you all a Happy Healthy New Year.

Esteemed Contributor

Bernie--I also purge in spurts  when the mood hits. If it were done daily, it wouldn't be so overwhelming but sometimes I just like to sit and relax especially after work. It takes too much energy out of our life to be negative or to focus upon the negative; this is energy that can be used more productively. I like your attitude.

Linda--I do hope you sleep better tonight. Like you, I am somewhat interested in the IM TSV but time will tell. I lik your method of targeting the decluttering. I'm glad DH is feeling and doing better; that is a definite positive.

meallen--Thank you for the lovely graphic.

Twinny--2016 was a rough year for you. The Riviera Maya trip is a wonderful plan for the coming year. I know you enjoy it but combining it with others who are also celebrating anniversasries is a wonderful idea to make them super special. Enjoy your plans for tonight!

I made a run to the Post Office to mail back the D&C ponte knit pants that were too short. I got my pay check so I made a  quick run to deposit it before the bank drive thru closed for the holidays. Nearly everyone I saw said that they were spending the New Year's Eve at home.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Bird Mama, I had a rough time dealing with firsts.  I shed many tears as I lost 5 classmates & my DH lost 6 or 7 of them.  I do treasure having my mom in my life until she was 95.  Your next to the last paragraph reminded me of the poem that my dgd wrote to her great grandmother for Christmas.

It was titled "Legacy" & ended with "Don't forget that your past is also your... future." 

"Every part of you is in me too...

Linda L, you have dealt with your ups & downs with such elegance. I am glad that your DH is doing better.  I took down all of the red bows that were on the cupboard knobs & the garland, big bows & the lights on the open stairway.  I love snow & snowmen so they will stay until we tire of them.

It  was cloudy earlier this morning,  but I  see blue skies & sunshine.  It will be in the 40's by Monday & then light snow & colder.  January & February are our coldest months.  By then " spring " is just  around the corner.

I have some cold days projects lined up.  The file cabinet is a mess again, the entrance way closet is a mess & I need to put some family photos that I inherited into a new album.  

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon lades, hope all is well.

Jean -  Thank you for starting us today, hope you enjoy your earrings and ring when they arrive.  Did you order the ring in your normal size, or size up?

Meallen -  Nice graphic.

Linda -   Glad DH is doing better.  I am ready for my decortations to come dowm, I may see if DH is game for that today.

Bernie -   I know what you mean by shedding tears this year.  I was weird not having my dad at Christmas.  I am also in a purging mood, I have been itching to do it for a couple days now.  I have been waiting for the dcorations to come down so I can start doing a good cleaning.

Twinny -  Your vacation sounds wonderful.

Well, off to do something constructive today.  DH and I just came back from lunch, I told him lets go out for lunch instead od supper.  We are now offically in for the day.  I know you all are sooooo jealous of my exciting life.

If I don't back to the board, I hope everyone has a Safe and Happy New Year.   Don't party too hardy.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Twinny---You are thinking positively about those cold, dark and dreary days by having tasks lined up to do. The "firsts" are always very difficult.

Susan--I sized up on the ring. I have two different fingers on which I plan to wear it depending upon how the ring fits.

The break has passed too quickly. I go back to work on Tuesday and work each day of that week and, as of now, four days of the following week. I think I need to take advantage of my afternoon reading and rest.

Trusted Contributor

Good morning ladies - still have a house full of visitors, loving it!!  We've been busy touring and eating and drinking and spending $$$$ - yikes.

It's been a trying year for many; some happy things, some sad.  Had sick friends leave for the gates of heaven, they have peace now.  Still some friends suffering, sadly.  Hoping for painfree days and good news for all.

Enjoy your last day of 2016, with the ones you love and the things you love to do.

My wish for you is the best year yet!!  God bless all my shopping friends.

Keep the CCs closed down, if you can.  Mine is tied down today.Heart