Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (CHRISTMAS EVE DAY)

I meant to say that I have a friend that REALLY loves the coloring books!

Honored Contributor

When I made a trip to Barnes and Noble to look for a desk calendar a couple of weeks ago I saw some of those coloring books.  The designs were intricate and gorgeous.  That's when I realized I was more suited to my box of 64 crayons and my Scooby Doo coloring book (hanging my head in shame).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

I think I would enjoy the "kids" coloring books more than the adult---yep, the big box of crayons!!!

Wishing everyone a blessed Christmas. 

I drove into Austin yesterday to spend the day with friends.  We ate gumbo, drank egg nog--and played some games.  Had a lovely visit.  All went home--but I stayed.  We watched the Lucy Christmas Special--then the news.  Headed off to sleep---got up early--turned the coffee pot on and made my exit---got about halfway home and the fog was so thick I could hardly see.  Thought about stopping for breakfast but it was very busy--so I headed on home. 

We are having record breaking warm temps.  Should be in the 40's by weekend.  I was so sad to see the destruction from the weather.  Hope all our folks are well and safe.   I know we are scattered about.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! 

Well, I might finally be sufficiently rested up -  I slept until after 2 p.m., when the meowing of the cats and their pawing at the door woke me up.  Making all those cupcakes (around 300 or so) and the rum cakes wore me out! I have two soliders who are depressed and whose addresses I just got and I want to make them cookies, but it'll have to wait until next week; in fact, Aldi will have their holiday goodies on clearance so maybe I can pick up a few things for them. Today I'm going to do just a little cleaning - vacuum, wash the floors, clean the kitchen, and change the bed - then for the rest of the evening and all day tomorrow I'm going to just veg out.  I have a new cozy mystery series and also picked up the latest Jeffery Deaver novel at the library.

All the baked goods have been delivered except for cupcakes for a neighbor; I PMd her on FB to ask if she's home, but haven't heard back.  They won't keep for long, so if I don't hear from her, I'll give them to someone else.

We had heavy thunderstorms last night and there was a tornado watch. I see at least 10 people have died as the result of the storms; sad at any time, but especially at Christmas.  Temps are in the 70s and will be for the next week or more.

LindaR, speaking of fog, when I went up the mountain the other day to take cupcakes to one branch of my bank the fog was so thick it was like going through clouds!  It brought back some happy memories both of flying and also driving high enough up the mountain in Hawaii that I actually was going through clouds, but it was so hard to see that I drove past the entrance lane of the bank and turned into the exit lane.  The weather sure has been weird!

I do have a package of ham in the refrigerator which I keep forgetting about.  Funny, but the only ham I like is cold boiled ham - I never did care for "hot" ham.

Oh, those coloring books look like so much fun - I'm tempted to get myself one!  I've had some big, brave Marines request coloring books and crayons - they said it helps them to relax! Cat LOL

Bird, forget about cleaning Susan's house - clean MINE and I'll feed you really well and send you home with baked goods besides! Cat Wink

Jean, it's nice that your PO is small enough to call you about a package! BTW, why is your OP flagged for "best answer?" 

Well, I guess I should get my little bit of cleaning done; I also have to do a load of wash, as someone peed on Autumn's bed.  (sigh)  She sleeps on my bed with me anyway, so I'm going to put that bed upstairs for Cookie and Svetlana, who prefer to live up there.  I thought of putting it in the crate for Honeybun, but she and Angelica have ruined too many dog beds...they'll have to make do with the hard bottom of the crate and dog house from now on.  I got a "bell" of bird seed, fruit, and honey hung for my birds, and was happy to see Lazarus, my three year old goldfish, make an appearance in the pond.  I got a box of gifts from my cousin in Florida; Amazon screwed up on things my cousin in Michigan ordered and they didn't arrive until today, so I guess I'll have to wait a few more days for my gift from her. At least I have the one box to open at midnight. 

I'm debating whether I want to make chicken parm tomorrow, or get Chinese take-out; to my surprise I saw a sign on their door that they're open on Christmas.  Some mei fun sounds good...

BTW, if any of you are interested and have Amazon Prime, "God's Not Dead" is a free movie right now.

Have a blessed and restful evening, everyone! 

Honored Contributor

@FunkyHulaGirl

Arlene, as we recognize our Savior's birth at this time of the year, I wish you a Merry Christmas.

Regarding cleaning your house - girl, I have more rooms in my own that could use a little intention.

It's not a sty by any means.  Let's just say I was a better housekeeper when DH was alive.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

Bird - As I look back at Jesus' birth, I also look forward to His soon return when all the wrongs are made right...and ALL the animals (including the sweet birds) are loved and cherished as they were created to be.  Please, everyone, remember in your prayers those who are alone...those who are homeless...those who are battered and abused...those who are hurting...

My house isn't a sty either - I keep on top of "obvious" stuff pretty well (although vacuuming is a daily chore, what with all the animal hair and I sanitize the kitchen counters every time I bake), but I wish I could afford to have someone come in maybe twice a year to do things I tend to "miss" - like the baseboards, the blinds, the corners of the rooms where cobwebs seems to turn up...

I still haven't gotten around to the cleaning.  I guess when I have to get up to go to the bathroom I'll make myself do it, LOL.