Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (CHRISTMAS EVE DAY)

Good Morning!  Thanks for starting us Jean.  Glad you had dinner with your friend and did not get involved in any fender benders, road closures, or tornadoes.  Yikes!  We will be having ham tomorrow as well -- I ended up buying a small package of boneless ham slices.  I didn't want too many leftovers, and this should do the job.  Enjoy your day with Midnight, reading, and TV viewing.  Was the overnight package something special?

That is a lot of cookies, Kathleen.  I'm sure your DH's crew enjoyed them.  Glad you have a chance to go home -- a short visit is better than none in my book.

Hope you have a wonderful holiday, spix.  Also, hope your last minute shopping isn't too much of a hassle.

Glad you didn't have any tornado damage, Bernie.  Hope your family dinner tonight is a lot of fun, and you have a wonderful Christmas.

A no cook day sounds like a great idea, snicks.  Glad you had such a nice celebration last night.  I am surprised the road crew is working today, but maybe they wanted to do a last push before tomorrow.  They were doing work in part of the parking lot and entrance way of the "club", and when I picked up DH yesterday, they had finished.  It looks nice, but I know several seniors had problems when construction was underway, and they had to walk longer distances.

Waves to Arlene, twinny, Susan, Marijane, LindaR, Barbara, Rosa, Charlene, pinky ann, Gayle, Karen, and all of our posters and readers.

DH has a physical therapy appointment this morning, and I'm hoping to make it to the gym and take a walk.  Not sure that I'll fit all that in, but.....  

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Merry Christmas Eve to all. Sydnie and I will bake another batch of cookies today. The turkey is thawed for tomorrow.  We will go to church this afternoon.

i hope you each have a happy and blessed holiday.

Honored Contributor

I hope I can get the combined smell of comet cleanser and lysol tub and tile out of my hands before dinner tonight, lol.

I am really good about cleaning my toilets.  Since I live alone, I am sometimes lazy about scrubbing the tub. 

I don't know why the mood struck me today but I looked at the jack and jill sinks in the master bath, the sink in the 1/2 bath downstairs and the tub and said, give your sinks and tub a good scrubbing. 

So I started with lysol tub and tile and a nylon scrub brush.  I then kicked it old school, aka my Ma's way and grabbed the can of comet cleanser.  I opened up the master bathroom window so none of my birds would fall out from the fumes.

I feel better now and the bonus is, all of my rings are clean, rofl.  There was bleach in the lysol, bleach in the Comet - my little diamonds are sparkling.

I even put up a new shower curtain.  I don't do fabric shower curtains with a liner, I just go for a nice patterned vinyl.  

I think tomorrow I am going to tackle the office closet.  I usually get the bug to purge paperwork around NY.  I'm feeling it early this year, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Linda--Like you, I bought just enough ham to last a short period of time. I bought the prepackaged sliced version of 8 slices. I don't usually buy ham except on holidays. I am not a turkey lover. I hope your day goes well and that you and DH can make the exercise circuit. The fast delivery was not anything special. It was a Halo charger that I wanted to keep in the car. I was surprised that the promised delivery by Christmas at no extra cost actually worked. I guess we could call it a test run just in case I need to use it in the future.

Bernie--You have an abundance of energy. I can see you promoting the new holiday scent "Essence of Lysol." You are definitely striking while you have the motivation. I have one of those hookless shower curtains I got from QVC. It works very well.

Barbara--You and Sydnie enjoy making the cookies, as well as the afternoon services.

I gave up fighting my allergy attack or cold or whatever it is so I ran to town to buy generic Claritin D at Rite Aid. When I returned, the school secretary had left a package on the deck chair. Of course, I had to rip into it. She got me one of those adult coloring books and colored pencils. She also had a small chocolate treat attached. Had is past tense as the treat is now devoured!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Merry Christmas Ladies.....I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend whatever you will be doing.  My kids are here , I am waiting for a few more people that I diidn't expect but happy they will be here and be staying for a few days.  Weather is foggy,drizzling but very very warm!  I think we are making up for the past two winters!        Merry Christmas, Marijane

Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today, enjoy your new coloring book. I have to admit it, I love to color, maybe I should buy a book for myself.  Glad you were not affected by the winds near you.

Bernie -  Please note that bleach can make gold brittle.  I knew a person who left her rings on when she cleaned and here band broke because the gold got brittle.  Her jeweler said never clean with your rings on.  You can take off your rings and come clean my house.

Kathleen - You were the cookie queen there, I would have lost interest after the 6th cookie sheet.  I am sure the crew appreciated your efforts.

Snicks -  We also had chicken soup today.

LindaL -  Hope you make it to the gym and get a walk in today.

Marijane -  We are having a beautiful day here, we are in the 60's, I could take this weather unti May and then it could warm .

I don't know if I will get back to the boards today, so I want to wish everyone a Safe and Merry Christmas. 

Respected Contributor

I bought ham too - this time just a thick cut of my favorite deli ham and a couple of another less sweet but tender ham for DH.  I made him try it last night and it was a winner. I bought stuff to make nachos tonight so hoping that is a hit.

Trusted Contributor

Merry Christmas Eve everyone!  Jean - the traffic in your area sounded terrible, I'd probably be staying close to home with my kitty cat too!  The coloring book sounds fun, I must confess, I put coloring books on my Christmas wish list this year.  LindaL - I think that you are doing a wonderful job as caregiver of your DH.  You are compassionate AND realistic.  Seeking therapy and professional guidance is very wise.  When my Mom was caregiver of my Dad she was compassionate, but very much in denial.  She refused to seek any help or guidance, and that sometimes meant that my Dad didn't get the care he really needed, plus it wore my Mom out.  She turned down my offer of help, and she refused to hire help (money is not an issue for her.)  It was frustrating.  So Linda, it sounds to me like you're doing a good job and the best you can under the circumstances.  Bernie - I hope you enjoy the necklace you ordered.  What?  No pole dancing?  Stay safe from the wind and tornadoes.  Arlene - Too tired to finish eating that yummy sounding Italian hero is very tired indeed.  Hope everyone enjoys their cupcakes!  And speaking of baking...Kathleen - you sure did a lot of baking - hope the cookies are enjoyed by all.

Yesterday was a nice relaxing day.  I didn't get my Christmas newsletter composed (it'll be a post-Christmas newsletter this year).  I did however, get my house neat and clean.  I had a small shopping splurge this morning.  One of the lunchtime specials was a Denim & Co heavenly jersey top.  I own another top from that fabric.  It is a big on the faded/fuzzy side, so it wouldn't pass for a dressy top, but it is extremely comfortable.  At $13, I bought a few for wearing around the house.  The weight of the fabric is perfect for southern California winters.  

The only thing that I ordered for Christmas that didn't arrive on time was some used books for my sister.  I bought them from ebay and media shipping can be pretty slow, but I have a couple of other small gifts she can open.  She won't mind.  In a few minutes I am going to bake some sugar cookies, because I just feel in the mood.  Late this afternoon we will be heading to my Mom's house for the evening.  Our family tradition is to open presents on Christmas Eve.  It's always so pretty and festive.  We'll have pizza for dinner (a new tradition), and prime rib for our Christmas dinner tomorrow.  Yum!

I really do wish you all a very blessed Christmas!   ~   Charlene

Respected Contributor

I've admired those adult coloring books but they are way too detailed for my taste.  It would take too long for me to do all that!  I ended up buying both of my girls and one for myself, a "Sketch This" book.  It's kind of kiddish but cute.  I know my girls will enjoy it, and I guess I need to start using mine. I got them all for Christmas.