Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (CHRISTMAS EVE DAY)

Good morning, shopping friends! Today is the day that many are putting the finishing touches on their holiday preparations for tomorrow or visiting with friends and relatives before special plans for tomorrow, whether that be a cosy two-some or a visit with very special people.

I went to the city yesterday for an early Christmas dinner with a friend. Today, Midnight and I are just relaxing as I take in the jewelry sales on QVC. Time will tell if I bite but they have on sale two items I already have and enjoy very much.

I had intended to go to WalMart yesterday to pick up some last minute food items but the bumper to bumper traffic was so bad that it took me three times the normal time to negotiate from one end of the city to the other where I met my friend. It didn't help that the bumper to bumper resulted in a couple of wrecks...but not me. Since I have had my Christmas dinner, I may just go to the local overpriced supermarket or wait until next Wednesday when I'll be back in the city. In the meantime, Midnight and I will relax with opening of gifts tomorrow.

Have a great day. Enjoy your Christmas holiday!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (CHRISTMAS EVE DAY)

I am thoroughly enjoying the all day jewelry shows....a nice mix of a little of everything. 

Respected Contributor

Good morning friends!  Merry Christmas to each of you!  No big plans here but we are looking forward to spending some extra and quiet time together. Yesterday I took all my store bought cookie dough to the clubhouse and got familiar with the convection oven there.  I baked about 700 cookies for Beloved to take to work for all his people that he manages, and got my "baking desire" out of me.  He ended up getting Saturday off so we will get up early tomorrow morning and drive home for a day.  We are meeting his brother Sunday morning at Mom's so it will be a quick trip.

Hope this posts - I've lost several posts lately and the sign in issues on my phone have made posting not much fun anymore.  Hugs to each one of you!

Esteemed Contributor

Avid Shopper--It is a great day; no electronics, tools, etc.  As you said, there is a great mix that would appeal to many.

Kathleen--700 cookies is quite an effort. I'm sure DH;s crew will appreciate them. Enjoy your time with DH and family. The time will pass quickly.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Morning All, getting an early start, at least for me, just have the last minute things to do, will run to the store for fresh bread, drop off neighbors goodied bags, then get the house in order for tonite, so all is good.

Wishing you all a very Happy Holiday however you are celebrating & a very Healthy New Year!

Honored Contributor

Good Morning all.  Thanks for starting the thread today Jean.

We had some wind blow through here last night.  I was starting to nod off on the couch when I'd swear I saw breaking news that a 'possible' tornado touched down not all that far from me.  Somebody from the National Weather Service is supposed to be in the area today (I think) to determine if it was indeed a tornado. 

I watched some news this morning and see that many states had violent weather and there has been loss of life in some cases.  My prayers go out to parents and family members of those lost.

For now, the sun in shining and it continues to be a little windy.

My eldest niece is hosting the family Christmas dinner this evening at 6:30 pm.  I'm sure there will be 11 of us.  I don't know if her inlaws were invited.  I really like her MIL and FIL and if they are there too, I will enjoy catching up with them.  It's been a little while since I've seen them.

I've been toggling between the Q jewelry day and HSN's clearance. 

Looks like the days of Dawkins jewelry are over ;-)

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Spix--"All is good" is the operative phrase for today. Enjoy your finishing touches plus the gift of good health for the coming year is one we would like to have.

Bernie--I didn't know it until I saw it on the news but apparently a freak wind destroyed some homes in the city 60 miles from me. I also saw where motorists were trapped at a pass on I-90 which is impassable because of the snow. Freaky weather!

Honored Contributor

Christmas-the-genial-falme-of-charity-in-the-heart.jpg

Wishing everyone the very best of the season.

"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

We had a very nice evening with hubby's kids, grandson. Today will be minimal in terms of activities, thank goodness, lol. I have leftover chicken soup that I pulled from the freezer that I will warm up later on and that, along with grilled bacon/cheese sandwiches will be it for a no-cook day. I am surprised that the road crew is working today, but that won't interfere with my plans. Hope everyone has an enjoyable Christmas Eve today. Waves......
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Snicks--Lovely and appropriate thought.

I just returned from the Post Office. They had called me to tell me I had an overnight package from the Q awaiting me. I went to pick it up and then picked up some food at the local supermarket. I'm looking at Christmas ham tomorrow.