Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (CHRISTMAS, 2020)

Greetings, shopping friends. I hope you are enjoying your day in the manner that makes it special for you.

When 2020 began, little did we know of the challenges that would be presented to us in the months ahead. It is so easy to become disappointed that we cannot celebrate with friends and relatives in the traditional manner. Thanks to technology, however,  we are able to be with each other virtually.

It is a time to focus upon the positives and hope and pray that 2021 will be better. 

Merry Christmas!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: ONE DAY AT A TIME (CHRISTMAS, 2020)

Thanks for getting us started, Jean, and Merry Christmas to all of you!  

I am very grateful for technology which enabled a Zoom Christmas meeting with DD and family this morning.  We were in four different locations, and it really was so nice to see everyone, and their pets.  

Since our celebration was set for 8:00 a.m.my time, I had to hustle to have breakfast, etc.  So, I started with a regular breakfast today rather than something special.  However, I was able to get some pumpkin spice K pods for half price earlier this week, and I enjoyed some special coffee at least.  I thought of Glenda when I was having my coffee.

Yesterday evening, I attended a beautiful Christmas Eve service by Zoom and watched a Christmas movie on Amazon Prime.  Then I started "It's A Wonderful Life", but  It was getting late, so I plan to watch the rest today.  I think I have memorized much of it over the years, but it is still a great movie.

DD finally got the gift that I had sent to her yesterday, which is great.  But, she still hasn't received my Christmas card.  Things are moving slow for sure.  I know some people received their cards, but......

I am thinking about making a special dessert for tonight in addition to my special dinner, and I will be taking a walk this afternoon.  Otherwise it will be an extremely quiet day, but that is okay.  

Like you, I am trying to focus on the positive, Jean.  I really believe 2021 will be a better year once the virus is more under control.  But, that will take a while.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  I appreciate all of you who have become a big part of my life.

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, its certainly been a challenging year, but we are thankful to be healthy.  It's a beautiful sunny day & it will be nice in the hot tub.  We  have either talked or emailed to our family, so that was nice.

Linda L,  we really enjoyed our pumpkin spice coffee.  Now it's  mint mocha.  I am glad that you had a nice zoom with your family.

Lunch is ham and scalloped potatoes in the oven.  Peach jello salad and butterscotch pudding/pumpkin pie  in a Graham cracker piefor dessert. I made the dining room table extra festive.  

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

MERRY CHRISTIMAS!!!

Our weather took a turn last night from rain to sleet to snow. Depending on your area we received another 6" of snow or more. I measure by the top of the solar lights. LOL (not scientific but works for me) It's near freezing temps so I can breathe. YIPPEE!!! 

The lasagne turned out pretty good for the first try with the new range. I had one minor hiccup with a setting but figured it out. We ate dinner later than usual but as long as we ate then I'm good.  It sounds like everyone had some tasty food on their lists.

I am grateful that I found this forum especially this year.  We have our fingers and paws crossed that 2021 brings us back to normal.

Enjoy your holiday however you celebrate. 

Esteemed Contributor

Fressa, I am glad that you found this nice forum.   I only found it 3 or 4 years ago.  My DH measures snow by how much we have on the top of hot tub.  It works perfect for us.  I am glad that your lunch was a success with your new oven.  Lunch was good here with leftovers for  tomorrow.  I get my next shingles vaccine tomorrow morning at Walgreen's & might not feel like cooking.  

Honored Contributor

I had a wonderful day.  We got snow so I got my white Christmas.  I shovelled and it wasn't too bad.  My sister came over and spent the afternoon with me.  I texted/spoke to the nieces.  I ate so much it's not funny.  It's been a couple of hours and I still don't want dessert, lol.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise