Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS ODAT MONDAY, MARCH 29

Hi Everyone!

It's sunny and cool today. They are predicting a chance of snow this week. LOL This is probably because I took the A/C cover off the unit and opened the air vents. Happens all the time. We'll see which prediction is accurate: the dogs panting at night or the forecaster.

LindaLatte--I purchased a Samsung washer/dryer about 5 years ago . I had a love/hate realationship with it until I learned how to use all the settings. I require a washer that can wash everything from delicates to king size comforters and dog blankets. I have heard many recommendations for the Speed Queen model. I think it comes down to budget and your specific laundry loads. Good Luck. I do subscribe to Consumer Reports so I'd be happy to check reviews if you find one that you like.

Today is laundry day and not too much else. I have to admit that I'm worn out from the decluttering. Yesterday was the hubby's closet which created a large donation pile. I'll have to get that organzied next week for a pickup. I'm way behing on the Easter cards and dinner supplies. Seems to be my "normal" these days.

I did watch some of AM style this morning. A few items caught my eye but so far have reftrained from ordering. I want to reorganize all of my clothing items and see what fits and what doesn't since I'm between sizes now. That certainly is a good deterant from adding to that stack.

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ODAT MONDAY, MARCH 29

[ Edited ]

I wore my winter coat when I went to Meijer's to pick out a sympathy card for my cousin's wife and to get my shot.  I'm one of those people who dresses for the weather and when the temp is 30 degrees on goes the scarf and winter coat.

I got the first Moderna dose and even took a selfie to share with my sister, lol.  I asked Katie (lady who gave me the shot) if it was okay and promised to keep her out of the picture.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS ODAT MONDAY, MARCH 29

Good Evening!  That is very kind of you, Fressa.  I am hoping that the washer will be okay, but I do want to be prepared just in case the water I saw was a bad sign. 

Very long story short, but there are no local stores that sell Speed Queen.  I did contact the one I could find in Tucson, and asked for their recommendation for a very simple washer that is built to last.  They recommended a GE model, and it does sound good, except for the price.  Talk about sticker shock.  I wrote back asking if there was a second best washer that might be okay.  He didn't mention Speed Queen which may mean that the only models they have would not fit my needs.

Sorry your decluttering was tiring, but I certainly can relate.  Good that you already are finding suitable donations, and you have avoided shopping temptation -- at least so far.   I haven't seen anything irresistible so far.

I do like those Big Deal shoes Bernie posted about yesterday, but I don't need shoes, and the last pair I purchased from here just didn't work for me.  Spending more than $12 just to try on shoes isn't smart.

So happy you got your vaccine, Bernie.  Sounds very cold there.  It is cloudy here, but made it up to 85 degrees today.  The house is still pretty chilly as far as I am concerned.

I did a Walmart pick-up  today, and I saw several unmasked people going into the store.  I asked the guy helping load my groceries in the back, and he said masks are required, but some people don't wear them.  I'm sure the Walmart people don't want to have confrontations over masks, but this means that I will stick with pick-up rather than going into the store.

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice evening and sleeps well.

Hugs,

Linda