Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICS: 0NE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, MAY16)

Good morning, shopping friends. We have sunshine after an evening and night of rain. Hopefully, the sunshine will remain for the rest of the day.

I am watching AM Style and caved on a purchase I needed. I used to have one of those Emjoi pedicure gadgets but it went missing. I really liked it so I reordered it in the Nano version.

I will be going to the city this morning to get my grocery pickup order from WalMart. I didn't orfder any fruit this time but did on the last order and they did a great job of selecting fruit in good condition. I forgot to add bananas to this order.

I have no plans for any other activity in the city unless it might be getting a carryout from the Outbback as ours is open at Noon. I really miss their food and haven't had any since early March.

Have a great day. If you shop, shop wisely...and stay safe!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICS: 0NE DAY AT A TIME (SATURDAY, MAY16)

Good morning ladies, hope all is well.

Jean - Thank you for starting us today.  I haven't eaten at Outback in years, we do have one not too far from us, may have to consider that.  

We had rain last night and boy did we have fog this morning.  It has burnt off and we are to have a beautiful day here.  Yesterday was wonderful also, had every window in the house opened.  

Not much happening here today, going to my mom's for a while, haven't been at her house for a month or so.  Now that we are in yellow, I will stop there and do a few things for her and probably order from the local pizza place for lunch.

I do have so say with the rain and couple days of nice weather, we need to cut the grass again.  I guess I waited all winter for this.  I do have to confess, we have been having the grandson cut it.  Figured since he was not working he would like the money and it is saving my back.  

Well need to get a couple things ready to go to my moms.  Have a good mornig everyone.

Trusted Contributor

Hello Ladies, have a good trip to the city Jean and hope you get to pick up your Outback order....we don't have any near us so haven't eaten in one.  I hope your Wal-Mart 

pick up goes as well as the first.

Have a nice visit with your mom Susan....pizza sounds good.  I haven't seen my kids since March when all this started...the three all live in different states so to come visit would mean a stay over for a few days...my DD is in VT which hasn't had many cases....one DS is in Me. And other in Bklyn,NY right in the heart of the epicenter....so I worry about him more so than the others.   He is doing fine though.        I got a kick out of your response yesterday that our DH's should go shopping together......

It looks like it will be another great day.....I think we should start getting out the lawn furniture etc ..the pool should be opened   week.  I still haven't planted a flower yet.....will have to start on that too.           Have a nice day everyone....stay safe.  Maijane

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, it's sunny here, but we are supposed to get rain tonight and tomorrow.  Then 5 days of 🌞🌞🌞 & warmer temps.  I slept in this morning and missed all of ams.  I hope that your QVC purchase works well for you.  Enjoy the Outback carry out.  We have no steak places around here, but we do enjoy a few of them when we are traveling.  That was a long time ago.

Susan, I hope that you have a nice day with your Mom.  Getting pizza for lunch is always fun.  It's nice that your dgs can mow your lawn.  Yes, yard work is a back breaker for me.  The only things that I can do outside are hang laundry, hot tub and plant/pick 🍅🍅🍅.  I will soon be helping my DH plant 6 of them on the edge of the driveway. (After Memorial Day).  Then all I have to do is run out the front door to get them.  We had all of the windows open yesterday too.  Such a beautiful breeze.

I was going to fix a good breakfast this morning, but sleep was more important.  We had the ceiling fan on last night and a few windows open. I slept sooooo good.  

I am heading out on my moped for my walk. It's a beautiful upper 60's day.  If only it would stay like this.

Lunch is going to be shredded hash browns, eggs, bacon and toast.  Not  healthy, but I told my DH that would be breakfast this morning.  Now it's going to be brunch. It's been a long time since I have fixed this.

Off for my walk.

Hugs to all of you.

Esteemed Contributor

Hi Everyone!

We had the predicted thunderstorm last night but zero hail. I was happy that missed us. Today started as foggy but it's lifting. The sun is suppose to show and no rain. Tomorrow we are back to storms. Yesterday got so hot so fast it took a while for the a/c to catch up to the heat. I'm going to have to get the a/c company out here for the yearly maintainence. I'm so off schedule which is not like me at all.

This weekend is trying to handle the critter problem with the two out of the way gardens. I'm thinking I might put up my temporary fix of stringing nylon net inbetween the vinyl fencing until I can find something more secure. That's about the extent of my energy. I'm still stiff from decluttering the work room so I need to watch what I'm doing today. My husband wanted to get started on planting the grass (again) in the patio/dogs area. We decided that will be on the list for next weekend. I do it a section at a time so the dogs still have room to play ball, etc. It takes longer but until we are able to extend that fence it's what we have to do.

My dil called me from the grocery store last night to tell me she found tp. Not much but she got 1 package. She was telling me about the lack of meat and the pricing was sky high. I haven't seen any in depth articles about the facts/why of these issues just little blips of making people aware. I'm sure it will settle down in a bit and hopefully that will be soon.

Our excitiemnt this morning was our female GSD thinking she was a "bird" and took a leap from the steps over the male dog at the bottom becaus she saw pop tarts. Honestly.....she has no fear of jumping. She misjudged how big her brother is and hit her leg on his back. It looked like she sprained it but now she's fine. Running around the house watching "Daddy" mow the grass. 

I caught part of AMStyle this morning. Pat did a nice job. I did cave for an Issac short sweater for a sleevless dress that I have. I need summer pajamas because mine are in sad shape. That's my mini project this morning before I start with the gardens. I'm going thru the pajama drawer and pitching all those old ones that you hate to give up.

Stay safe & comfy.

Have a good afternoon/evening.  

Esteemed Contributor

Marijane, we saw our 3 dgc a couple of weeks ago, but my DH and I had a mask on. They were doing an Easter egg hunt in the yard.  Nobody came inside the house, which of course, made me sad.  We worry about our ddil, but so far they are both healthy.  We transplanted a few day lilies a couple of weeks ago and that's all the flowers that we are going to plant.

fressa, it sounds like you are busy with a lot of different projects going on.  We have all of our spring cleaning jobs done except for the garage.  I need to pace myself and it takes time for me to get my DH to get rid of things that he doesn't need or use.  He has been commenting on how nice the house looks. I don't like clutter, so it's easy for me to get rid of things not being used.  We had a hail storm a few weeks ago.  We haven't seen hail for many years.  

My walk this morning was very nice. A slight breeze and sunny but not hot.  Today the Wine, Beer Spirits etc. Store was open.  Necessary???  The Swiss Bakery next door is now open on Saturday's only.  The only shoe store is now open.  I am glad that they are opening up slowly.  No bars or restaurants can do eat in yet, but we have several carry out or curb side delivery places that seem to be very busy.  They are not fast food restaurants.  The fast food restaurants are on a different stretch of highway & they are very busy too.

it's so nice to have the windows open with a beautiful breeze.

Glenda

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Hope your Wal Mart pick-up goes/went well, Jean.  It is nice and sunny here, and it wasn't hot on my early morning walk, but it is supposed to get warmer today.  They are predicting several hot days before it cools down on Wednesday or so.  I know Glenda and some others would find our "normal" temperatures too high, much less these higher than normal temps.  I am okay with it so long as I can walk in the morning and have the AC at night.

I have a different device to help with calluses on my feet, Jean, but the one you ordered looks nice and gets high ratings.  The price is good as well.  Enjoy your Outback carry-out if you get it.  I don't go there often, but I have enjoyed their food when I have (mostly on trips).

When I read the JC Penney news, I immediately thought of Bernie.  I hope her local store doesn't close nor the one closest to me (about 18 miles away).  It is the nearest "department store" to me.  While I have not shopped there in quite a while, I have found some good items there -- for the house as well as clothing and shoes.

I'm sure your Mom will be happy to see you Susan.  Enjoy your pizza.  Good idea about your grandson taking care of the lawn -- win, win.

Glad your weather is so nice, Marijane.  Have a great time outdoors.

Your moped/walk sounds nice, twinny/Glenda.  Great to have a good nights rest.  I slept fairly well last night, thank goodness.

Enjoy your new sweater, Fressa.  Try not to overdo things -- you are always so busy around the house and yard.  Glad your dog seems to be okay.

Yesterday, I finally got to speak to my friend Jo Ann on the phone.  Her son has rented a van or truck (not sure) and is coming to pick her up and drive her to CA next Wednesday.  The house is sold, and one of our mutual friends is buying her car. 

She is leaving all the furniture for the buyer since she is moving to an assisted living facility and won't need much furniture there.  While the facility has a place for her, they are not taking in new residents at this time.  So, she will be staying with her son and family in their small condo until they permit her to move in.  Not something she likes to do, but she needed to move so that the new owner could move in.

She was telling me that she was in the middle of dental work when the "lock down" came and delayed her appointments.  Long story short, the dentist was going to replace a crown, and the new one was waiting for her.  She finally got into the dentist, and the crown didn't fit.  So, the dentist sent for a replacement which should come before her move.  Cutting it close to say the least.

Nothing happening here but my usual laundry and weekly financial review.  

Waves to all of our posters and readers.  Hope everyone has a nice day and stays safe.

Hugs,

Linda

Honored Contributor

Hello all,

I'm looking at overcast skies right now and I hope the weather guy was correct in forecasting the rain will hold off until tonight.  We had rain yesterday morning/early afternoon and I was happy there was a light breeze when I woke up this morning.

I mowed the front yard and will be doing the back yard in the next hour.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise