Esteemed Contributor

SHOPAHOLICES ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, SEPT..7)

Hi Everyone!

It's been cloudy with thunderstorms for days. Today we have a bit of a cool temp. YIPPEE!  I've been doing all the extra laundry (dog towels, sofa covers, bedspreads, etc.) for the last few days. I still have one basket of doggie bath towels and a basket of the hubby's yard work clothes for the remainder of the week. Is ure can have some fun around here.

The hubby is dealing with round#3 of poison sumack from the walkway project. He said it was so hot outisde that he took his gloves off to pull the green bits between the blocks. That's all it took. He never reacted to this stuff until the one year it got into his blood stream from scratches on his legs and arms. Since then, it's been a  mess. We each have our own "medical" baskets (including the dogs) so at least we have enough supplies on hand.

Prayers going out to Jean, Bev and all others in need.

The hubby's office friend with a the dog that shared a the same birthday as our two called yesterday to say that he passed away suddenly from cancer. It's always sad when you have a loss. He was her "special" one. 

I think I may have found a company to order our dog's medication that has a better price. I'm waiting on the vet's office to forward the prescriptions. It looks like we could save $50 on Ada's allergy pills and maybe about $15 on the other two regular. Crossing my fingers that I ordered everything correctly. It was a bit tricky on their website. I think I screwed up the quantity or shipping weeks on the flea spot and heartguard but I figure that hopefully I can adjust that once we have an account number. The dogs are only about 10 pounds difference in weight so I order a box of 6 and split it between them. That gives me a once a quarter bill instead of every month. Budget friendly that way but the vet's office keeps sending me overdue medication reminders because their system doesn't recognize any of it. Crossing my fingers. 

Have a good afternoon/evening.

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICES ONE DAY AT A TIME (WEDNESDAY, SEPT..7)

Vets usually take it off the top on special food and medication so I am surprised your vet would give you the RX to go elsewhere @Fressa   God Bless you that you found competitive prices elsewhere.

Yesterday I completed my Potter-thon which is binge watching the Harry Potter movies.  I own them on DVD and made it through the first 3 and then found the 4th movie was messed up on DVD.  I will not go out of order so I placed an order with Amazon to get Goblet of Fire on DVD since I was ordering the pigeon food.  I knocked out 2 movies on Labor Day after my sister went home and then watched the last 3 yesterday.  Wow, what a ride that series was.

I was in the office watching the Potter-thon when I smelled something akin to burning wires.  No smoke anywhere and it was driving me nutcakes because I couldn't pinpoint it.

Today when I came into the office and fired up the TV and desktop about an hour later here comes the smell.  I was worse than a nosy dog.  I smelled the DVD, outlets, anything electric.  It was the desktop tower.  Took that downstairs, removed the side of the case, vacuumed it out, checked fuses and motherboard -all looked good.  Connected everything back up and here comes the smell.  I pinpointed it - the power source.  I'm on the laptop now but I prefer my old desktop so I ordered a replacement HP PSU (new) on ebay.

Don't wanna fry out the motherboard and I kept the desktop on only long enough to update the firmware on the SanDisk portable SSD drive and copy every file or photo of value off the desktop onto the drive. 

I had gigabytes of photos and music and I was moving so fast like the house was on fire.  I bought the drive last year and was lazy about backing stuff up.  Not anymore - it's all backed up now and I can relax until the replacement part gets here.  Yea I could order a new desktop.  I'm not wild about windows 10 on this laptop and the jurty is out on Windows 11 which is what most of the desktops are.  Thanks to the global chip shortage prices of desktops are through the roof.  I'd rather see if the $65 fix buys me more time.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Birdmama----I enjoy watching a series from front to end. I prefer to see the episodes in order myself. 

You are very handy with difficult repairs. Great Job at sluthing out the problem. Fire scares me. My son and I lived thru two house fires and I swear that smell never leaves your nose.

Yes, the Vets office is dragging their feet about the two prescriptions. I did received the one today that I had to substitute but the aMega $ allergy medication is still in limbo. I have my fingers crossed that my coupon price is still good by the time they ok the processing. $50 is a big savings and will cover the increase to their food and snacks. My focus on revising the budget (again) is to try to run flat where it was before it got crazy. I was never good at juggling so we'll see how this goes.  

Honored Contributor

You're doing just fine balancing the costs @Fressa   It may feel like walking a tightrope on some days but rest assure, you are knocking it out of the park.

Honored Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLICES ONE DAY AT A TIME (Thursday, Sept 8)

Hello all, I was too lazy to start a new thread; not much to report from my part of the world.  It's the strangest thing, I logically accepted that odds were high Queen Elizabeth was going to pass away before me.  I was not prepared for today to be that day and even though I've never been a 'royal watcher', I'm sad for me and those who admired her.