Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS One Day at a Time -- Saturday, February 20

@Snicks1 wrote:
@spix, I didn't see the program you did so I am no help there. I know it was very windy in your area yesterday. My trucker girl (lol) was there to pick up a load and while she was opening her trailer doors, the wind caught one and she was airborne. Not sure how far she was tossed but said she was bruised and battered but thought she was ok. Haven't heard from her so far today, but I think she has been rolling for about 4-5 hours now, can only guess she is ok till she contacts me/posts on FB. She did say the same thing happened to a guy not long after it happened to her.

@Snicks1, maybe the wind blew in another satellite?? sure wish someone else noticed this, hope I wasn't dreaming  LOL.  yes it was really bad here, lucky your DD didn't get it worse what it was, scary as that is, hope she's ok, trouper that she is, keep us posted.  Windows were blown out of high rises downtown, glass falling all over, some pilots wouldn't land at O'Hare too dangerous.

Esteemed Contributor

Thanks for all your comments/suggestions.  DD suggested those sorts of packs, Bernie, and I did pick up one yesterday.  I think she was quite right in that I should buy small quantities first before buying a supply of something that might not work out.  To be honest, I am glad they didn't call when he had the accident and just took care of it.  I really dread any calls during the day since I would think the worst.  Good luck with finding your underwear.  I am very particular about that sort of thing myself.  Pretty bad when they discontinue "my" style.

I saw the problems with wind in Chicago on the news.  Hope your DD is okay other than a few bruises snicks.

Sorry you are so tired, Jean.  Please do take care of yourself.  

Honored Contributor

Just to let everyone know, DD is ok, she let me know a little bit ago. Just truckin' on, lol. Yes she is one tough lady, determined too, lol.
"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

LINDA L, I am sorry to hear about your DH's accidents.  When we travel we like to take lunchables with us.  They are similar to what Bernie mentioned.

Gayle, have a good time at the surprise birthday party.  Quite a few years ago, I bought a gymboree thing that is very similar to what the Q had a few weeks ago.  It givers me shoulder pain if I am noit careful.

Birdmama, it seems like whenever I find undies that I like, they are discontinued.  Same thing happens at the grocery store.

SPIX, I also saw Clarke's at 11:00 with Amy & Jayne.  We had 60 mph winds yesterday but nothing damaged.  I did have trouble getting into the grocery store though & shutting the car doors.

Jean,  good luck with your Dr. appointment on Monday.  Sorry you are still not feeling the best.

I was tired yesterday & I think that it was from fighting the wind.  DH & I went downtown this morning to a grand opening & to also look at a few other new stores.  He washed the Subaru before lunch.  We hot tubbed & now he is emptying it.  Since we are going to see mom soon, it will get refilled tomorrow.

We are going to our church annual Valentine's day party tonight.  It is all done by the young people.

The HS musical was very good last night.

Hugs to all of you.

Respected Contributor

Linda, I'm appaled at how quickly this all has progressed.  So sorry for all this headache and glad the club is willing to work things out.  You sure do appear to be "rolling with the punches" from where I'm sitting.  I bet DD wishes she were closer.  I hope you have a lovely day today.

Bernie we are watching our standard old western tv shows here.  I hope you find your bloomers before they sell out and move on.  I hate when that happens!

Respected Contributor

Snicks I'm glad DD was ok - I also heard about the wind yesterday.

I got up early and drove to San Antonio to meet an online friend (Navy Mom "Seasister") and her Sailor.  I picked them up along with the Dad and his daughter and took them to a local Mexican restaurant for breakfast.  It was delicious and reasonably priced. The funny thing was they all ordered regular breakfast, nothing "different".  ::giggle::  But it was good.  I took them back to their hotel and came home.  6 hours of driving but it was worth it.

Honored Contributor

@twinny70

Thank you for identifying the small meals as lunchables.  When I was thinking of pulling a picture for my post I had a mind block and sat here wondering, what do they call those things?!

I finally googled something like refrigerated package snack.  Leave it to me to take the long way to describe something (wink).

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

I had 4 things on my list today.  I found only 1 at Target (what is left of the nature valley nutcrisp bar with caramel and sea salt).  Yes it appears Nature Valley is discontinuing that flavor.

I had to go to Walmart and found 3 things.  I found brown 72 inch shoe strings for my brown sneakers, the neutrogena healthy skin boosters facial cleanser (which appears to be on it's way out locally also) and fruit of the loom, not hanes, low rise bloomers.

I had to settle on the undies and am not happy about that.  I find hanes makes a better underpant quality wise.

Ugh I don't know why manufacturers have to ruin a good thing.  Short of the shoe strings, the other items were always popular at stores by me.  It's not like the cleanser, 'drawers' or nut crisp bars didn't sell.

Oh I heard on the radio - we broke a record - it was 62 degrees at the time I was driving around.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Respected Contributor

@twinny70, Thank You, Thank You, I was begining to think I was halucinating (sp?) do you have DISH?  I really wonder what it could have been

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't see the Clarks presentation at Midnight Eastern or 11pm Central but I did just see the TSV presented. I like the snake print and heard that 70,000 of the TSV had been sold. Apparently, it is a shoe that is appealing to many as several colors have sold out.

I am now gearing up to watch the WEN show.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.