Respected Contributor

SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT WEDNESDAY!

Good morning ladies!  Already I've put in a couple orders today.  DH loves the indoor rug so much I found an outdoor rug on Amazon that will soon be on it's way to me.  Another Navy Mom shared that her girl's ship is out of coffee!  Amazon to the rescue again!  They only have kcups (which is pretty stupid but that's the way the military is, lots of things that don't make much sense) so no telling how many folks are sending kcups.  Smiley Very Happy

I was pretty worn out yesterday after I got home but I had a good trip.  As I left the house I texted Linda to see if she was around. Going through her town was a bit out of the way but we had a lovely time together - I needed more friend time! - and the ride from her town back to the Interstate (I went through La Grange - all the way down Hwy 71) was really spectacular!

I have decided today is be healthy day - to make up for the cream cheese donut, the migas taco, and the lunch Linda and I had at Chilis yesterday.  So I've done a bunch of walking now just a little more to go.  I'm not sure what supper will be but need to decide and take something out!

Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT WEDNESDAY!

It was so lovely to see you yesterday.   It is a nice trip (different scenery) and then you hit the H. town traffic!!

Oh mom's to the rescue.  Yes, I am sure K cups have advantages but the cost is more.  Love Amazon---its a go to site for me when I am looking for something. 

Esteemed Contributor

RC, It is nice that you liked the rug so good that you are purchasing another one. It is nice of you to send the ship more coffee. I got up a little earlier than normal so I could put wash in & take my walk & then hang it outside when I got back home. It is going to be 80's & breezy so I did 2 loads & they are blowing in the breeze. How nice to meet LINDA R. for a nice lunch. My walk today was not as long as normal but I was feeling tired & don't want to fatigue myself before my infusion on Friday. DH & I are going to a town 45 minutes away to go to Target to buy a wedding shower gift. The shower is when we are gone so I need to take it to church this Sunday. I want to maybe do Kohl's if I have any steam left in me. friends are coming tomorrow & we are going to an Italian restaurant for lunch. Hugs to all of you.
Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon!  Thanks for getting us started, Kathleen.  Glad you had a chance to meet up with LindaR and your other friend yesterday.  Good luck with your healthy day.  Sounds like you are getting things up to snuff there, which is a good thing.  Good thing about the coffee.  That would be a horrible fate for me (to be out of coffee).

Hi LindaR -- so happy you and Kathleen were able to get together yesterday.  

DH and I had a nice walk today, and I did a little weed cutting pulling after we got home from the walk.  When I came into the house, our neighbor/builder was here.  He had purchased the cabinet pulls and some lights to replace the fixture over the sink -- I like them.  And, he will be installing them after lunch today.  He will also be checking on the custom made doors for the pantry, which is the last thing to be done (I think). 

Meanwhile, I was busy cleaning out/re-arranging the pantry which took quite a while.  I may look for a few more organizers for that space, but it is okay as is if not.

Like Arlene, I have a dentist appointment today, and if I have time, I'll go back up to Bed, Bath, and Beyond to return a storage shelf that just did not work for me.

Waves to Jean, Arlene, twinny, Marijane, snicks, Susan, Rosa, Charlene, Barbara, Karen, pinky ann, Gayle, and all of our posters and readers.

Need to get some more stuff done before my dental appointment.  If I have time, I'll be back.  Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda 

Valued Contributor

Good afternoon, sounds like a very industrious group! I am back to the real world now...

We had a wonderful trip, the weather was great, lots of walking on the beach. Lots of seafood eating.

We did discover that we travel well together and did not tire of each others company.

Not many people at the beach mostly retirees and a few families with young children not yet in school

We went to a show called the Carolia Opry that was great, the theater was beaitiful and the cast was amazingly talented. I enjoyed just looking at the evening gowns the ladies wore, they were gorgeous.

Could not have had a better time, I thought this part of my life was  over, can you tell I'm smitten?

I hope that everyone is well and are having a good day.

I am really paying for time off, I have more email to answer than I knew could be sent!

Esteemed Contributor

Kathleen--Thank you for starting the thread. I'm glad that you have had great success with the rug.Also, it was great that you and Linda could have a great lunch together.

Rosa--It is so gd that you had a wonderfull time. Smitten? it is good that you have found someone who helps to make you  happy.

Linda--You are fortunate to have found a cabinet maker who is doing such fantastic work for you. I do  hope the dental appointment goes well.

Twinny--You are so active. I remember doing laundry with my mother and hanging it on the line. You definitely don't want to fatigue yourself before the infusion.

I went to work this morning at a school much farther away. The kids were great butwe were dismissed at 11am because of water line breaks affecting two schools including the one where I was subbing.

I didn't get much sleep last night because of back pain, so I think I will head for the Kindle and the bed. I may not sleep but I could use some rest.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

I have to get dressed and head off to the dentist in a little while; maybe afterwards I'll treat myself to some pizza.  I already moved the car to the end of the driveway; I'll have to "sneak out" the front door, because if the dogs see me driving off without them they get nuts - they're so afraid they're going to miss something...or maybe they're afraid I'll never come back.  Cat LOL

Speaking of pizza, I picked up a sort of pizza thing in the Walmart deli section the other day.  It's about 2' long and 6" wide, fresh mozzarella and pepperoni on a thin crust, sold under the Marketside label.  I wasn't expecting much for $3.99, but it was surprisingly good and lasted me for two meals (the crust is very thin so it's not as much as it sounds); I'd definitely buy it again, and they also have a buffalo chicken version. 

I thought I'd have to replace my Kindle, because sometimes the sound works, and sometimes it doesn't, but I contacted them about changing my default email on it and it turns out I can listen to music or my radio programs with the Echo, so that's one thing I don't have to think about buying right now.  I almost forgot I need to replace my LL Bean Wicked Good slippers, but have no plans to get anything else for fall/winter.

Rosa, I'm envious!  Sounds like you're having a wonderful time with Mark. Have you talked any about making your relationship permanent?

LindaL, I have to do some weed work as well as cut back the honeysuckle; I'm waiting for a cooler day to do it.  I also have to cut the grass (hopefully for the last time) and the siding of the house could use a wash, at least around the front door and the back porch.  Not my favorite things to do, but...they have to be done.

Hope you had a good shopping trip, Twinny.  I do love shopping, but at the end of the season I'm always saddened to see how many lovely things didn't even get worn, and there's nothing I need for the house, so who knows when I'll get to Kohn's again.  A new Ross was supposed to open in Fort O; I wonder if it has yet.  About the only thing I'll need to buy is a few small gifts for the cousins; I have some Coach accessories and some robes that I've never used, so that takes care of the "big" gifts for them for their birthdays next month and Christmas.

I'm amazed at how fast those bird are going through the bird seed - they've been finishing an entire feeder-full every day!

Guess I'd better be on my way; have a blessed day, everyone! 

Honored Contributor

Hello everyone, hoping all are well today. Thanks for starting us off today RC. Very nice of you to send coffee to the ship that is out of it. Also hope you and DH like the new rug as well as you do the one you already have. Glad you got to have lunch with Linda R on your way back yesterday. Good luck with your healthy day.

kittyfan, also nice for you to have lunch with RC yesterday, and yes Amazon is my go to for nearly everything these days.

twinny, good for you, getting that laundry out and blowing in the breeze. Good luck with your infusion, and have tons of fun on your vacation.

LL, you are one busy lady. I am so happy for you that your kitchen re-do is nearly done and that you are liking it so far. Good luck with your dental apptmt. today.

fbm8282lsm, so glad to hear that your trip was wonderful. Sounds about perfect. This is my favorite time to go to the beach really, not so crowded, weather usually is good, etc. Glad you enjoyed the show also, looking at the wardrobe the performers wear is always fun.

KK, sorry your school let out early, but with your back hurting it may have been for the best. Get some rest and relaxation in this afternoon, sounds like you may need it.

FHG, good luck with your dental apptmt. also today. Didn't know you had an Echo, do you like it? I ordered and received one, but sent it back un-opened. Decided that was not something I really had any need for, lol. Yes, there are lots of birds and any amount of bird seed you put out will be eaten every day.

I spent 4 hours outdoors this morning, just doing one thing and another. Don't really know where all the time went, lol. I am making a big salad for dinner tonight, so that won't take long to do. I did see my cardiologist yesterday (I do not have any type of heart problem he just takes care of my cholestrol), and I told him about the weakness I have been experiencing in my legs this summer, we decided I will stop taking the chol. med for a couple months and see if the weakness improves and what my chol. does, which is what I wanted to do. Tomorrow I see my RA doc and plan to talk to her about stopping those meds as well, as they really don't seem to be making any difference. Hopefully she will see it my way also. Otherwise I will just stop on my own. Seems like there is some type warning about stopping them suddenly, that is why I want to discuss it with her before I proceed. My daughter just called (lives in Va.) said she is trying to work out coming to Mo. during the week of Thanksgiving and asked if I can meet them in KC for a day (that is where my granddaughter, her daughter, lives. So I told her to just make her plans and let me know when, I can work it out on my end for whatever day works into their schedule. They will also be going to Denver probably the day before Thanksgiving where my grandson lives (her son), then flying back home from there. You ladies are all so industrious today, I feel like a slacker, lol. But other than finishing up some laundry and doing a couple other small tasks, I'm about done for today. Take care everyone. Waves.

"To each their own, in all things".
Respected Contributor

Sticks....just a caution re the ra meds. Sometimes one does not know what they are doing until you go off. My rheumatologist has told never to sto because the setback would be devastating and I would not get the same level of function back.

i did have to off a lot of them when I had my knee replaced a few years ago and it took over a year to resume my normal.

i am not trying to interfere but just wanted to give my perspective from my dealing with this disease for many years.

((((((hugs)))))

Valued Contributor

Thanks to everyone for there kind words, maybe smitten is not the right word, love.

We have talked around getting married, if that make sense,  Example, he is looking to sell his home and buy a Patio home and always comments that there has to be enough room for all of my shoes,or next year when we go on vaction, things like that. Right now we are just enjoying each other very much.

It's still crazy to me, I never thought I would have this again