Respected Contributor

SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT WED!

Good morning ladies! Well I almost got into a bidding war over that Michael Kors bag but it was a buy it now for $65 and my bid was $50. I got up to $61 then I let her have it. It was beautiful and red but it had a couple marks on the back and add shipping I decided I wouldn't love it that much. ::sigh:: I did order my shoes in 2 sizes so I can try them on at home and see what I think - in the store one size was too tight and the other too loose. I'm not sure if the tight ones will stretch (they felt ok just wasn't sure I could wear them all day) of if I will get some cushioning on the larger pair.

That is my shopping tale for this pay period. Smiley Very Happy Onward! Had a wonderful time last night but when I got home puppy was hungry and all charged up. Made a colossial mistake in letting her sleep on the bed with me. Woke up at 3am she was licking licking licking and had expressed *that* gland onto the middle of my comforter. O.M.G. Never again! So glad we have a laundry department here that can wash it for me!! But by the time I scruffled around for another comforter I was wide awake, and stayed that way for a while.

That is all the excitement in the Kingdom of Kathleen. I'm a bit weary at work and wishing for a donut.

Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT WED!

I have seen MK at TJMaxx.

I am looking forward to the predicted cold front--should drop our temps a bit.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Kathleen. I know you made the correct decision on that bag. I looked on eBay for some Joan Rivers "bee" pins, and I made a bid on one. I was outbid quickly, and raised my bid. Long story short, by the next time, I decided I really didn't want/need the pin that much. For one thing, I rarely wear pins, and I have several of Joan's egg necklaces that I could wear. Fast forward, I received an e-mail that said I lost out on the pin, which sold for more than $100 (my highest bid was in the $20 range). I really had to laugh at myself over that one. Hope one of those pairs of shoes work for you. What a mess with your puppy -- lesson learned as they say, but..... Don't blame you for feeling weary this morning.

It was nice and cool on our walk this morning, and I don't think rain is predicted. We made it to the gym yesterday, which was good.

My plans for today include going to COSTCO and some other stores for food and a few other household things (like scissors -- I broke a pair yesterday). No "fun" shopping planned.

Waves to Jean, Arlene, Susan, Marijane, LindaR, Karen, Val, Gayle, Sonya, Nancy, Jules, Gina, Kathy, and all of our posters and readers.

Have a good day everyone!

Hugs,

Linda

ETA -- hope your weather does cool a bit LindaR.

Regular Contributor

Hi Ladies!!! Kathleen, thanks for getting things started. Sorry you lost out on the MK, but probably for the best. I hope the shoes work. Samantha loves the bed, so most of the time, that's where she sleeps.

LindaR, hope you get some cooler temps!! I do not do well with excessive heat, so I am loving our "fall-like" weather, a little early.

LindaL, lovely photo of your DGS, DGD and DD. They all look great!! Enjoy Costco today, hopefully, it won't be too crowded...ours always seems to be. I have several of Joan's bees, but don't wear them much at all. I don't wear any of my egg necklaces, either...guess it was just a phase with me, but maybe I will dig them out.

Well, the renovations are ongoing...I added a few things, so I am still in a mess. The part that is finished looks wonderful. Needless to say, I can't wait for it to be over and order restored!!! Off to pick out a new vanity and toilet...I added a bathroom remodel.

Enjoy!

Respected Contributor

Hi girls!

It's not going to be a good day - thanks to Autumn I got very little sleep; she kept barking after the nasty neighbors' dogs started barking, and I had to keep getting up and going out to scold her. Of course, since it was too much trouble for the nasty neighbors' to shut their dogs up, she just kept going on and on and on.... (sigh)

We went to the park yesterday, and she had her swim; Honeybun went nuts every time she saw a squirrel and I had to hang on to her tightly to keep her from taking off after them. There was a kid of about two who was wading in the water, and when he saw the two dogs lapping up water, he got down and began lapping it up as well. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

LindaL, I suspect many people are caught up in the emotionalism of Joan's death, which is why the bee pins are so popular; they'll come back down in a month or two. I have a nice collection of pins - mostly cats and frogs - but, like you, I rarely wear them.

Karen, sounds like you're having fun with your remodel - having a finished portion to remind you of the outcome should keep you from getting too annoyed with the mess.

Well, I think I'm going to take a nap on the pool float. Have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

I've seen MK at TJMaxx and Marshalls - I just never really looked because his bags are out of my price range - and I'm a very picky bag person. I wouldn't just buy it for the MK logo! This is the one I so loved! and These are the shoes I ordered.

Karen, how exciting to be doing a remodel! I'm glad you are happy with the progress so far.

Is Twinny on vacation? Haven't seen a comment from her in a while.

Linda I think all the Joan items are going to be pricey now that she is gone. I never knew what a bee pin or egg necklace was, very cute!

Back to work for me.

Trusted Contributor

good afternoon Ladies...nice fall like day here ....sorry to see summer go.

. Kathleen that bag is nice I would prefer a little long strap though. I checked out the shoes....4 inch heels, I'd have 2 broken ankles in a nano-second after putting them on. Twinny

is on vacation. She went up to Maine and also spending a few weeks at her sons and DIL house in Boston area. Looks like she is having great weather, None of my dogs slept on my bed.....they did on my kids though . I should say my kids slept with the dogs..they would be shoved way up at top of the bed while the dog would be all sprawled out nice and comfy.

Karen I am sure once the renovation is complete you will love it and forget about the weeks of disarray that went on. Several years ago I had a lot of work and for 13 weeks had guys here 8-4 every day..and it was winter time so could not even escape to the beach!

. DH's cousin has been in town from Calif. So it has been a couple of weeks of family stuff...he goes back tomorrow. That's about all going on here. have a nice afternoon, Marijane

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the Twinny update! I hope she is having a wonderful time. Marijane have you been able to use the pool much? It sounds like it has been a sorry summer for most of you on the thread.

In looking over my CC statement I realized I never got credit for a swimsuit I sent back. Sadly, I cannot find any info on it and after calling them it sounds like I am out $30. I hate it when that happens, so I am spending 15 minutes on my filing tonight. It's funny that I put it off but once I get going I rarely want to stop.

I've also been late to work nearly every day for the past week. Right now I am on hold with the cable company, and if they can't send someone out to fix my cable (I have a fancy TV that used to wake me up every morning until the cable guy came and hooked the box up) then I'm giving the box back. I need my alarm!! I looked at my timesheet for the past 2 weeks and it's looking very pathetic. My boss doesn't say anything but he doesn't have to.

As for the dog sleeping in the bed - she might just start sleeping in the crate again. That wasn't so bad. Smiley Happy