Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT TUESDAY!

Good morning, the board is jumping all over the place on my iPad. I continue to dislike the new format.

Jean..such exciting news. I wil pray that you continue to have good check ups.

I was happy that we got the downstairs reorganized and swept. We continue to store a lot of our dds stuff.

Kathleen..sorry about your tooth. I hope the antibiotics kick in soon.
Bernie..have fun at your volunteer thing tomorrow. When I was a principal, several big name corporations did work in my schools.

Twin my you are having the same heat and humidity we are. It is very hard on my joints.

Sticks..good luck with your dental work.
Linda, enjoy your volunteer work.

Sydnie has a lot of activities today with gymnastics and dance so I will be on taxi duty.

((((()hugs))$to all
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Linda--Thank you for sharing my results on the thread yesterday. I appreciate your doing that very much. I found this article on the declining number of Curves. The article is from 2011 but even then about half of the Curves had closed. The article gives a variety of reasons, part of it is the competition from 24 hour type fitness centers.

http://www.wsj.com/articles/SB10001424052702303365804576432062058517684

Twinny--A mini vacation would be nice. Sometimes a small break is more rewarding when taken than committing to a much longer one. Also, taking it before it gets hot makes sense.

Barbara--Sorry that you are continuing to have problems with the site on your tablet. I've checked it out on two different brands of tablets, and so far I haven't had any jumping problems but I haven't spent much time posting from them which might be a factor. Enjoy your taxi duty!

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Trusted Contributor

Good afternoon ladie, hope all is well.

Kathleen - Thank you for starting us today, I hope your dental problems are gone soon.  Glad you are so happy to be back in the country. 

Jean - Glad your test was a success, now you can relax.  Sorry about the weather and roads.  We haven't had much rain the last couple days, but, I have a feeling that is about to change.  My poor flowers have just been beat up this year because of the rain.  Hope all the people there can get back into their homes with no or minimal damage.

Twinny - Please come be a cleaning machine at my house.  I do need to start the decluttering again but just haven't found the love.

Bernie - I am the loner here, I did order the clearance terry top, I have one and just love it.  But, like you, I haven't really loved their clothing line for awhile, and it is getting too expensive.  I look at some of the tops and think - I could take my 30% off coupon for Kohls and get the same type of top for $10.00 and no shipping.

Charlene - Glad the kids are having a good time, this will be a trip to remember - The good and the bad - but they will be glad they did it.  Enjoy your reading.

LindaL - Sorry about your Curves, I think all the ones around here have gone out of business.  I am sure you will find a substiute for Curves, enjoy your time at the gym, is DH going with you?

Barbara - Have fun playing taxi driver, take a good book to read.

Hope I did not miss anyone

Not much going on around here, just swept the downstairs and need to iron.  I turned off the AC today and opened the windows, we are getting a nice breeze today, the house was smelling like old air.  I love to open the windows, but we have not had the best summer to do that.  Oh yeah, we haven't had summer yet. 

Off to do something constructive here, have a good afternoon everyone.

Esteemed Contributor

Cerb, it sounds like your DC are really seeing some beautiful places even though your DS is being a stinker to your DD.  It sounds like you have been keeping up with your chores nicely while your DC are away.  I struggle with the heat & July & August are our hottest months.

LL, like I said before, it is too bad that your Curves program is all done.  I am hoping that you can find something that will work well for your body.  I like water as it is good leg strengthening for my legs & it cools me off nicely.

My project for today was to cut my DH's hair.  Just finished that task & now it is time to fix something cool for lunch.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hello ladies, hope everyone is feeling well, or better at least (RC) today.

RC, thanks for starting us off this morning. So sorry to hear all the problems you are having with the dental work. I also prefer books that go from start to finish without all that back and forth in time. Just holds my attention better if things run in chonological order. Enjoy spending time with your friend and good luck on the resume.

KK, I also knew immediately which movie you were referring to when reading your post about the alternate route yesterday for your procedure, really glad you have good results on that. I also like to watch any procedure that I have done, if possible, I find it interesting. Sorry you are still having storms while undergoing flooding already.

birdmama, I agree with you on D&C, I also used to buy and wear the line, but lost interest probably about the same time you did, it sounds like. I loved the 'how fitting' jeans and when they no longer offered them, I went elsewhere for jeans, and most other casual clothing.

cerb, sounds like your kids are having quite the adventure, so fun for them. I only spent time in Rome while in Italy, loved seeing the Vatican City and the  Sistine Chapel, it was lovely. I spent 3 days in Rome and saw so many things but did not have the time to see all I wanted to see. I am sure they will remember this trip forever and be so appreciative of this opportunity. You are so sweet to have enabled them this, what to many, is an opportunity of a lifetime.

LL, I said the same thing re: jackets as TSV in July, in another thread and was accused of being negative, but don't most people have jackets in their closets for the occasional cool evening? I can't be the only one, lol. Hope you find another avenue for exercise, as I know you enjoy it.

twinny, how fun to have a mini vacation to look forward to during the heat wave.

Sydsgma, hope you have a good day doing chaffaur duties. Kids do enjoy having activities to attend. Keeps them from being bored, and we all know how 'fun' a bored child can be, lol.

PAlady, I can't find the love to restart my decluttering either, lol. I would rather be outside during the summer, except when it is so hot, like now. With heat index calculated in, it was 115 degrees here yesterday, and yes I did do some work outside, but kept it to under 3 hours.

Been home from the dentist for about an hour and a half now, the extraction went fine, although I did have to get 3 numbing shots, which isn't unusual for me. No trouble getting it out though, and the numbing meds are just now starting to wear off. Got nothing planned for today, so I think I may just read my kindle and maybe nap for a bit.

Have a great afternoon everyone.

Edited to say; wow that was a long post. lol.

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

Sydsgma. I am like you in that I very much dislike hot weather.  It makes my fingers sting & burn from the inside out so putting them under cold water doesn't do the trick for me.  Sydnie sounds like a lovely busy young lady.  I know sometimes it is hard to do the taxi service, but I m sure that she appreciates what you do for her.  Our 3 DGC all play soccerr, do taekwondo & the two oldest ones play instruments so our DD & DSIL are busy taking them here & there.  Soccer is the worst as they all 3 go to different schools & play soccer at 3 different soccer fields.

Snicks, thank goodness the tooth is out without as much trouble as had been anticipated.  The novacaine shots are no fun but better than feeling the pulling & yanking.  Please try to take it easy for a day or two.  I can't do yardwork anymore but your hot weather would have killed me many years ago.

Susan, my last infusion did me a world of good so I was doing as much as I could last week when it was cool.  We had the a/c on yesterday for the 2nd time this summer, but it will be on a lot as soon as the next heat wave kicks in around Friday.  I much prefer open windows & the cool breeze blowing in.  They say 50's tonight & tomorrow night so that is why we will be going to the beach for a few days.

DH & I have decided that we will be heading to Two Rivers, Sturgeon Bay & 1/2 a day up into the Door County area tomorrow.  We had wanted to stay at a B&B at Sturgeon Bay, but I can't get hold of the owners.  If I don't get hold of them by tonight, we will stay at a very nice campground at Two Rivers.

My mom is good to go until we get back late Friday night.  The mail is stopped.  Just need to get our bags packed.  I will be off of my computer until we get back home again.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! 

Yet another hot day, with a chance of thunderstorms.  I haven't put the new pool up yet - I'm waiting to see my pool guy at Bible study tomorrow night and try and get an idea if he'll be able to make it over in the next week or so.  If not, well...summer is half over, and I'll just drain the old pool, as it's become a haven for mosquitoes, and put up the new one.

Yesterday I enjoyed a dog-free day; I went to Sam's to use the coupons for my freebies before they expired.  I got the cupcakes (not bad, but not nearly as good as mine) and the salsa, but at just before 6 p.m. they were already sold out of rotisserie chickens and were scrubbing down the cooker.  So, I'll have to go  back, and you know what happens when you go in there for one or two things...  Cat Frustrated  I did get the soft, moist dog food that Autumn prefers, so she's now set until September, and bird seed - those little buggers are going through a feeder-full every day!  The detergent pods were on sale and I have only about a month's worth left, so I got those in order to save a few bucks, and they had some nice flavored water on sale... (sigh)  

Since I didn't get my chicken I went to my favorite Italian restaurant for dinner and had a chicken parm hero and some of their awesome fries.  I love my babies, but sometimes it's nice to be out on my own and not have to rush, especially since with this heat I won't leave them for more than a few minutes.  I did take them for a short drive when I got home, just so they could get out - those dogs love to ride!  Cat LOL

BIrd, cat food these days doesn't come in real "cans" - they're a coated cardboard with a thin aluminum pop-off top, so they crush really easily - I've even had the problem with four-packs from Walmart and Publix, and you can't tell until the package is opened.  Anyway, I made out very well; Amazon didn't want me to send the box with the two damaged cans back, so I got 22 cans of cat food for free, and although I clearly told the woman on the phone that only a couple of cans were broken, she sent me two entire cases via overnight, which is what the original order was for.  Added to the $100 gift card my friend sent me, and the credit I'll be getting for the textbooks I sold to Amazon, I've been doing very well and have a very nice credit balance in my account. Cat Happy

Jean, I'm so happy to hear about the good results from your procedure - for how long will you have to have periodic re-tests?  I love watching medical procedures and find them fascinating, but can't stand to look if they're being done on me. I can't even look at something like a skinned knee if it's on my own body!  Cat Embarassed

Charlene, nice to hear your kids are having a good time, but how's the new "kid" doing?  Cat Wink

Wow, twinny, that was some loss for that poor family!  Cat Surprised  Is a loss like that covered by home insurance?  I just have the basic insurance on my car as it's so old.  I don't put it in my garage, just under the carport.

I did file a report with the police chief about my neighbors who have killed so many cats...not just mine.  I hope he can do something, even if it's just to make them aware they're on the police radar, and let them know animal abuse is now (thankfully) a felony.  I know I'll see my babies in heaven, but that doesn't make it hurt any less; as for those "people," well...they can rot you-know-where!  Cat Mad I have NO regard for abusers of any kind, especially those who abuse the innocent and helpless.

No special plans for today. I'm going to try and get the office cleaned up, and maybe I'll take just Autumn for a drive later.  I have a punch card for Sweet Frog frozen yogurt that has just one punch left, so I can get her a very small portion, then use the filled card to get a full-sized one for me for free.  They're pricey, so taking three dogs is too much.

Hi to everyone - hope you all have a blessed day!

Trusted Contributor

hello Ladies....g,ad to read your tooth came out Ok Snicks and I hope when the Novocain wears off it will not be too bothersome. I agree with Twinnh and take it easy for a few days.

Have a nice time in your mini vacation Twinny...how far are these beaches from you? I hope it's not too hot. I am the reverse from you and love the hot weather.

Charlene your DC are moving around in their trip and seeing all the great sights. What ther places do they plan to go too? How's the goats doing, and whatever happened to the snake

Happy to hear that that everything is ok Jean. MY BIL has had bladder cancer for over 10 plus yrs. and goes every few months for the same procedure as you. looks like your area is having an awful summer so far.
LindaL we did have a curves near me and I remember receiving emails on specials they would have... But I think it closed a few years ago. Do you still go swimming every afternoon...I don't remember your saying much about it. does the place have an indoor pool too?
Karhleen hope your tooth / mouth is feeling much better today,how's your DH back?

Bernie what will you be doing tomorrow on your trip.....I hope you have good weather.

Barbara driving kids around to their different activities never seems to end.....Inrememner those days... I usually use my iPad for everything and haven't had the problem of things jumping around......yet. Wonder why that happens....must be quite annoying!

not much here, it got dark before and I could hear Thunder, now it's raining but it is much needed for the flowers etc. . Have a nice afternoon everybody........Marijane

Trusted Contributor

Just saw your picture Arlene.....I complain about a lot of thinks but you will never hear me complain about the heat......
Valued Contributor

Hello All,

Thought I would hop on the computer.  I hate to sound like a Debbie Downer, but this has been one of the worst days I have had in a LONG time.  I am trying to relax and decided to turn on Denim and Co and watch something mindless.

I did my volunteer work yesterday at the Thrift Shop.  Monday was a big donation day and I spent most of the time organizing the infant/children's clothing room.  So many good deals for someone who has young ones...makes you wonder why people insist on buying new baby clothing...this stuff was almost like new.

We are getting bids to get work done on the house.  It has been crazy with people not showing up. or not having adquate staff etc.  Even Angie's list was not useful this go around.  Top that off with a bit of family drama/ unrealistic expectations and it made me wonder why I didn't sign up for more shifts at the Thrift shop.  Anyway, have a good day!

Gayle