Respected Contributor

SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT TUESDAY!

Good morning friends!  I am putzing around the house this morning.  Read a book - I discovered I do NOT like books that allude to the present and then go backwards in time.  This is the second book this week I've read that worked  like that.  Not a fan.  lol

I have a friend coming this monrning to pick up a couple chicken accoutrements that I don't need - nest boxes that are already built in to my new little "chalet".  I haven't seen her in a long time.

I did sleep very good, woke up hurting and took my pills.  Hoping those antibiotics kick in.  I desperately need to finish DD's resume that I've promised her.  That is my job today.  Will have to check back in and be accountable when I've finished.

That is  my story - nothing exciting here - but still happy to be home and every day the RV gets a bit emptier.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT TUESDAY!

[ Edited ]

Kathleen--Thank you for starting the thread. Enjoy your time at home relaxing and doing those little jobs that sometimes find themselves on the backburner when one is working.

Good morning, everyone! I had an "exciting" day yesterday. I awakened with plans to go for the procedure but discovered via the news that flash floods had closed the road I normally take to the city. People were being rescued, etc. I decided to take an alternative route which I knew was higher but added a half hour to the trip. There is a reason that people don't normally take the alternative route. It is desolate, deserted, narrow and crooked, etc. I was very happy to reach my destination. Trust me, when I kept expecting to hear banjo music while on that road. That is a reference to one of my favorite movies.

Bottom line is that I arrived at the outpatient surgery center safely. I was able to watch the procedure on the screen while the urologist explained to me everything he was examining inside the bladder. I found it very interesting. There was no sign of the cancer returning, so now I return in January for a repeat test.

We still had severe storms last night in many areas of the state. The flooding has been bad. Two counties near me including one I travel through to the city have been declared disaster areas. We have a severe storm alert for tonight despite ths sunshine we have right now.

This is an amazing story associated with the storms which shows that teens are sometimes more helpful than adults:

http://www.thenewscenter.tv/home/headlines/Mineral-Wells-Teen-Saves-Woman-Trapped-in-Car-314793671.h...

I am doing a few odds and ends around the house. We actually have sunshine today for the first time in days and it is very motivating. I do have to stay put as the Outpatient Surgery Center will be calling to check on me.

I must say that sometime when one is facing odds and feeling as if you are almost alone despite knowing otherwise, it is so reinforcing to see around 80 people either "liked' or responded to my Facebook post regarding the outcome of the procedure yesterday.  Obviously, knowing the positive results plus the sunshine today is such a motivating force in planning and accomplishing things....and part of that might be resisting a Denim & Co. top I am seeing presented right now.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Esteemed Contributor

RC, I was so sad to read your post from last night this morning.   That was one awful dental experience.  We had our first hot day yesterday after 3 weeks of 70's.  The heat just kills me so maybe that is why you have less desire to do your boot camp.  We had a wind storm yesterday but very little rain.  They say we could get a TS this afternoon & then nice until Friday when it will be very hot & continuing into next week.  Have fun with your friend today & good luck with your DD's resume'.

Jean, What fabulous news I read about you this morning.  I hope that you can have a wonderful summer.

Snicks, I am wishing you the best of luck today as you are going through a dental procedure too.

I remember when I used to love to watch Denim & Co.  Now I could almost care less what they have as a TSV.  It is way too hot to even think about a sweatshirt.

DH is out for his morning walk before it gets to hot.  Nothing exciting to report today but maybe that is a good thing.  Last week I was a cleaning machine as I knew that it would be hot this week.  

Esteemed Contributor

Twinny--I'm not in the buying mood right now, so I'll not be buying the TSV, etc. I did get the Insider magazine and looked at some of the Fall fashions being promoted. Susan Graver and some others are introducing a new style line to their line-ups. I'm not excited about them, however.  I need to turn into a cleaning machine. July might actually feel like July at the end of the week which is great news.

I didn't read the posts from yesterdy as I was tired when I got home and it was storming yesterday evening. I'll do that now as I need to be updated.

**************** "A black cat crossing your path just means that it is going from one place to another." Proud owner of a black cat and a shopper of QVC since the merger with CVN.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Hi Kathleen, thanks for getting us started this morning.  I'm glad that you were able to get some sleep and I hope the antibiotics get a handle on the infection.

Jean - your reference to the banjo music in a movie made me laugh out loud - for real.  Were Burt Reynolds and Jon Voight stars of the movie?  I love to watch any procedure on my body when it is allowed.  I'm very happy that the outcome was favorable yesterday.  I kept watching the thread in the hopes someone would post an update and LindaL didn't disappoint :-)

Twinny - the stoms that were supposed to hit MI midday yesterday went through Wisconsin, Indiana and Ohio.  I can believe you had rocky weather, my weatherman recapped the radar (scary).

There was a time, not that many years ago, that I would check for new arrivals of Denim & Co pieces, sure that I would buy something.  Over the past year, year and a half, I have no interest.  They seem to be taking this line in a direction that I'm not interested in following.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Trusted Contributor

Hi friends - Kathleen, I hope you get your hurting tooth fixed soon.  Jean - So happy that there's no return of cancer.  Linda - Sorry that your nearby Curves closed, hope you can find a good alternative.  Arlene - that's a bummer that some of your cans of pet food arrived exploded, but glad to here that they'll be replaced at no cost.

My DC enjoyed their stay in Florence.  They said that the sites they wanted to see are all located within close walking distance, so they fit a lot in and enjoyed them ( the Duomo and Baptistry, Santa Croce, Palazzo Vecchio, Piti Palace, Uffizi Gallery, Galileo Museum, the Accademia, and they walked across the Ponte Vecchio).  Yesterday they traveled to Rome and today they had reservations to see the Vatican museums and the Sistine Chapel.  They also said it's very hot, and my DD complained about her brother being a jerk.  As much as I love my DS, that statement doesn't surprise me.

We had a couple of weeks of below average temperature, it was relatively mild.  Now it's getting hot, as normal.  Yuck.  Not planning much today, other than some chores and getting caught up on some reading.  ~  Charlene

Esteemed Contributor

Jean, so sorry to hear about your terrible storms & having to take a longer route to your procedure.  I woke up yesterday morning early as we were having a huge wind storm but not much rain.  About 2 hours North us had major wind damage.  One family had 3 cars parked in the street & they were all totally destroyed by the same tree.  I am so glad that your procedure is over with such good results.  I have never seen any of my procedures as they are going on.  I am just happy to be sleeping & not know what they are doing to me until I wake up.  I trust in the Lord & he has been so gracious to me over the years as he has been to you too.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Bernie--You have the correct movie. Trust me, it was a stretch of road that you never wanted to have car problems. It was a long stretch of nothing but crooked roads, part of which were almost a tunnel with the overgrown tree limbs over the road in places.  I'm sure that there were people who lived somewhere near that road but it would have had to be off an unpaved side road. They also forgot to put cell towers along that stretch.

Twinny--I've always been fascinated by medical topics, etc. so I always enjoy when possible the opportunity to watch a procedure. The last time this was done, it was done under twilight as they suspected a cancerous growth would have to be removed. They did find cancer and switched to a general for the removal. They used licocaine to numb the area so I felt no pain, etc. It is interesting to see the inside of the bladder and openings, etc. as well as the scar left when the cancer was removed.

Charlene--Your DC are having a blast of a trip. When I was young, I would never have considered doing anything like that but taking adventurous trips when young is a great way to store up memories and also possibly a job-selling point later on.

Snicks--I hope the removal of the tooth goes well and relatively pain-free.

Arlene--Sorry you had the problem with the canned pet food but Amazon always comes through.

Linda--I am sorry that your Curves is closing. I know how much you liked it.

My cousin just posted pictures of their church which was flooded near where the woman was trapped in her car. I haven't heard the latest but late last night, around 50 families were still unable to return home.

Esteemed Contributor

Good Morning!  Thanks for getting us started Kathleen.  Sorry about your dental problems.  That just stinks.  I have to agree with you about books that skip around -- back and forth in time.  That seems to be "in" for both books and movies, and I'm hoping that phase goes away soon.  Good luck with the resume, etc.  Glad you got some sleep and are making progress on the RV.

Very happy to learn of your results yesterday Jean, and I did share them with others on our thread yesterday evening.  That was really some weather you had -- I saw pictures on news as well as on FB.  Glad it is nice there today.  

Hi twinny.  Sorry it is too hot for you.  At least you got a lot of cleaning done last week.  I can't get excited over the TSV either.  It might be nice, but just the thought of a jacket in this weather makes me uncomfortable.  We had a few thunderstorms yesterday afternoon, and it got cooler, but still not all that cool.  It should reach the upper 90's (or even higher) here today.  At least I like hot weather and our AC is working well.

Hope work goes well today, Bernie.  And, I guess you will be doing your volunteer work tomorrow -- good luck.

Sounds like your kids are having quite an adventure, Charlene.  They certainly are seeing a lot of places in a relatively short amount of time.  Sorry your son is not behaving well.  Enjoy your reading today.

Hope your dental work isn't too bad snicks.

Waves to Arlene (sorry about that exploding food, yuck), pinky ann, Marijane, Rosa, Susan, Barbara, LindaR, Gayle, Karen, and all of our posters and readers.

I'm still very sad about Curves closing, and I'm still trying to figure out what to do instead.  Today isn't an issue since I'll be doing my volunteer work and then going to the gym.  I'll probably go to the gym more often, and maybe do more exercising at home and swimming.

One of the ladies at the bookclub/lunch yesterday (there were only three of us) said that she swims laps for an hour and 10 minutes a day.  I know that would not work for me, and I don't want swimming to go from fun to drudgery.  Also, swimming is excellent exercise but does nothing for bone strength which is important to me.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Esteemed Contributor

FHG, I am sorry that it is so hot where you live & the dog food came partially spoiled.  It is good that you get a refund & may be able to keep a few cans.  I hope that you can enjoy one of your pools.  Nothing like water to cool oneself off.  We lowered the temp on the hot tub so it will be enjoyable this summer too.  Now we just need to avoid the afternoon sun.

DH & I are thinking about going on a mini vacation tomorrow to a nice beach.  We would return late Friday as after that it will be too hot to be on any beach.