Highlighted
Respected Contributor

SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT THURS!

Good morning friends! I hope our vacationers are having a lovely time away. There is not much going on here. Waiting for this evening, when DH and rain should both be heading my way.

Last night I corrected the cable issue I was having (removed the box) and this morning my TV woke me up as it used to. I am delighted to have my alarm clock back. I program it to go off when I want to be walking out of the house to go to work.

DD texted me this morning and said she thought of me today when she changed her clothes 3x. Smiley Happy It reminded me that I have not laid out my clothes in a long time. I should start doing that again, especially now that it is cooling off a bit and I can start wearing my skirts and dresses again.

My heart is with all those who lost a loved one today - I read some of the memorial services today and remember.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT THURS!

Good Morning/Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Kathleen. I don't think any of us will forget the events of September 11, 2001, and I have read/heard some of the memorials happening today. Praying for all those affected -- victims and families/friends.

Glad you have your TV alarm back, and your DH and rain will be coming this evening. Does he work a schedule that allows Friday off sometimes? Hope that he does. Are you still planning to move up north to be with him full-time? Sorry if you have already discussed this, I may have missed it.

DD had trouble with the alarm when they stayed at the hotel in South Carolina. I asked her why she didn't use the phone, and she said she just didn't think of it. Even I can use my phone that way when needed, and I am not exactly a big tech/phone person. LOL I use my clock radio for waking up, but I am always using my timer to alert me to appointments.

I managed to stick with "needs" at COSTCO for the most part yesterday, except for some dark chocolate and pomegranate candy. I did indulge in some extras at Wal-Mart -- including some shoe inserts. There are so many choices for them, but I do like using them in my fitness/walking shoes.

On our walk this morning I saw a lady cutting out some weeds, and it inspired me. Long story, but we are responsible for keeping the alley behind our house free of weeds, and we had some pretty tough ones. Anyway, I filled one bag of weeds this morning, and I hope I will do another bag tomorrow. Exciting????

My plan for today is to have my hair cut (driving me crazy), and going to Curves. I need to pick up some materials for another "promotion" (of the classes) opportunity. The man with the materials lives in an area I don't know (other side of the highway), so I'm thinking of taking my GPS.

I had a bit of a headache this morning, and I took a painkiller which has worked. Thank goodness.

Hope everyone has a nice day!

Hugs,

Linda

Respected Contributor

Hi everyone!

The sun is shining right now, but still more rain is forecast. Linda, like you I need to tend to the grass and the weeds. Not my favorite job, but they're not going to cut themselves!

What are you talking about, Linda? I know about that dark chocolate pomegranate, and it's not a want - it's most definitely a NEED! {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1} Everyone knows that dark chocolate is good for your heart, helps prevent some cancers, and also helps with depression, and pomegranate is one of the most popular new super-foods. Darn, now you're making me want some...and I no longer have a Costco membership.

Besides:

No special plans for today; I still have to get to my homework - I was going to do it last night, but I was so tired from not getting much sleep the night before that I just couldn't get around to doing it. I'm still awaiting the money that's supposed to go into my account this week; things are really tight, and I can't do anything until I get it. I know God's timing is perfect and I shouldn't worry, but...

I hope Rosa is OK - she hasn't checked in in a while.

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

Linda, DH's new job was technically a transfer. Because he has never been one to take vacation days, he had a LOT - a few hundred hours - of vacation. The new company has a "use it or lose it" policy so he takes nearly every Friday off when he comes here. He still checks on the old facility so that helps pay his traveling expenses. This weekend he left at noon today and will drive back up Monday afternoon.

I don't know that I will move up there with him. Some days I think this arrangement is crazy and very unsatisfactory but some days the time flies by and I'm ok with it. I still love my job and I'm not sure he will stay that long where he is at. He is talking about possibly moving up within the company, and that would include another location. So I really don't know what my future is - a strange place for me to be in.

I know getting those weeds gone gives you a great sense of accomplishment! I feel that way about my filing. I have a lot to do and need to get some done. At home AND at work!