Respected Contributor

SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT TGIF!!

Good morning friends and readers!! I'm so happy for Friday. It's been lovely to have my Aunt here but I am a little tired from trying to work extra every day to make up for time I've been running her around. TOTALLY WORTH IT! Not complaining, but happy to be at work with my dog knowing I will go home and have some home time tonight.

DD is coming home unexpectedly for a funeral. Smiley Sad Sad for the family, her young friend's 20yo brother. It will be good to see her and spend a little time together.

Last night we ended up going to see Kayla, out to eat Schlotsky's (an Austin deli) and hit Austin's Amy's Ice Cream on the way home. Last night we had a lot of fun watching home movies. I got up at 4:15 and took her to the airport and came into work a little early.

I'm not sure what is for supper, hoping to go out I guess. DH has been increasingly relaxed and happy lately! I hope all are enjoying better weather. It's overcast this morning and they say wet this weekend, but we need it and are 4" behind already this year.

Respected Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT TGIF!!

Good morning. Yes, I know you enjoyed your visit---good memories. I know a weekend with no plans is good. Oh so sorry about your DD's friend. Hugs to the family---one never expects to lose a young person. Reminder to treasure each day we are given!

Went to bible study last night----we are dwindling down as a group---but I always get so much out of it---I spent a lot of time visiting with one of the ladies outside---an absolutely beautiful silver tabby kitty came up---oh why don't people keep their pets contained (rant). I always see lots of kitties running loose in the area.

Next week I four nights I have something happening. It is still cool enough for Fred to go with me. But I need to cook something for two of the events!

We do need rain----we have been suffering.

Contributor

Good afternoon ladies....it's sunny and cold here but at least it's not snowing!!!

Kendall is at the daycare today that she interiewed at, they are seeing how she is with the children and if she does okay then they will set everything up for her to get the job. She needs to be CPR certified so that will have to get done soon. Fingers crossed that everything goes well...she really does need a JOB!!!

The girls and I went out for sushi last night, my first time...not really a big fan. I love fish, but I love for all of my food to be cooked, as a matter of fact, I really like my food burnt!! It was a good night for us and they enjoyed "Girls night"!! DH stayed home, his choice, to watch basketball.

I did order the LC dress that was on the morning show this morning in navy, only because it came in petites and I really am trying to wear more dresses in the spring/summer instead of shorts.

I believe Arlene asked how old Sydney was...she's 16, almost 17 but looks about 13.

My brother and family arrived safely in MI yesterday and my sil's family is enjoying spending time with baby Braxton!!! I miss my nephew....lol, saw him Wednesday, but I still miss him.

The girls are going for haircuts at 5, and then tomorrow begins my busy weekend. I just printed out all of the info from the Dr. OZ two week diet and I am contemplating doing it to some point. I know I won't follow it 100%, but I would love to see what the results would be.

Kathleen, hope you get to rest up this weekend. That's sad about DD's friends brother...

LindaR. good for you going to Bible Study, our church has one but we have fewer than 10 people that attend.

Hope you ladies have a wonderful weekend....

Respected Contributor

Nancy, I had to giggle about the sushi. I just don't like it - even the cooked ones just taste blah to me. Yay about the job for Kendall! Woot woot!! I bet it's a lot of fun to have a baby in the family. I've been eating junk and drinking soda for a couple weeks now, and not really focusing on steps. I need to jump back on the wagon because I was feeling so good, but life intervened for a while.

Respected Contributor

Linda I don't like it when I am so busy. What book are you studying? My little group is working through the 12 steps with the Bible and it's been really good for me.

Respected Contributor

Hi girls! It's a gorgeous day out - temps are in the 60s; I have to get registered for the next semester and then I'll take the dogs to the park. I tried registering on-line, but for some reason couldn't do so for the class I'm most interested in - eschatology - because there's a prerequisite class, but it doesn't say what it is so I'll have to call the school. I'm hoping they'll let me take it anyway, seeing as I've audited classes on eschatology at Dr. DeYoung's School of Prophecy. (I can't go there FT for a master's, as much as I'd love to, as it's not accredited so I can't get financial assistance.)

We did go for a walk yesterday after I had lunch at Church's Chicken; I hadn't had it in ages, as I try to pretty much avoid fast food, but got a craving and had a coupon. I left the dogs in the car and headed for the restaurant then I heard loud barking just before I went in - I turned back, saw a big dog, and thought Honeybun had gotten out a window, but no...two large off-leash dogs were trying to attack mine through the open windows. I was scared, but chased them off (I forgot I had my taser and pepper spray with me), and when their owner came out of the bar next door I told him to get them away from my dogs or they'd be shot....they were quite vicious. {#emotions_dlg.mad} What on earth is wrong with people? My poor babies were so frightened; I had to get them each a freshly made biscuit to calm them down. {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Linda, I wish I could find a good Bible study group. My church has all sorts of Sunday School classes available, and one of the deacons said he'd talk to me about which one I might find most enjoyable - I'm looking for good theological discussions, but I'd also like to make some like-minded friends. I sure do miss the singles group we used to have; it's so hard to make friends when you're middle-aged and single.

Nancy, that's such a difficult age for kids, especially these days, but I'm sure Sydney will turn out well in the end.

I heard of another NY pizza place that opened downtown, and the reviews are excellent. Since I won't go back to my former favorite place anymore, I'm hoping it's good - it's also much closer to home (5 miles vs. 15). A friend and I are going there one evening next week; I'm really looking forward to it. Slices are $3, which is also cheaper than the other place. I remember when I was a little girl, a slice was 15¢ and a soda was 10¢ - there was an outrage when slices went to 20¢! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

I put away my fleece sheets and fleece PJs; I'll stick with flannel for another week or two, as the nights are still chilly. I guess I'll soon have to think about replacing the sweaters that are in the chest with some T-shirts and short-sleeved tops. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Have a blessed day, everyone!

Respected Contributor

This is a ladies group. We are doing an OT study in Thessalonians. I have learned a lot. It is nine weeks and there is home study/homework to do each week. Last session we started with 25---this time 15! Last night only eight. One of the ladies and her husband served as Missionaries in Lebanon years ago----she shared some stories about her experiences---very interesting.

I have put away fleece also----I do have a comfy throw for the cool evenings---but even then my undercover guys get too warm and pop out during the night!.

Esteemed Contributor

Kittyfan, Yes you are so righta bout treasuring each day. DH & I try to do that but sometimes it gets by us when we are unusually busy. It is sunny & in the 50's today. Expecting rain tonight & then a big cool down starting Sunday through next Thursday only in the 20's & maybe snow again.

RC, Sorry about your DD friend's Bro. Sad when they are so young. I am glad you did have some fun with your aunt. It is also nice to have a DH relaxed & happy. Mine is pretty easy going so that is a good thing for me. We had such a fun day yesterday when we took my mom to visit with his mom. We left them alone for a while so they could have a good chit chat between themselves. My mom lives a block from us & his mom lives about 50 minutes away. When we got back to my MIL's house, the gals were talking how they came to America almost 68 years ago. His mom came here in April & my mom came in May. It was fun to really hear them reminisce about things back then. They were both war brides as our dad's were both in the service in the UK. Actually both of our parents have been best friends since DH & I were young kids. Never did we think we would be married to each other. I am so glad things worked out like they did. I had great in-laws & I hope DH says my parents were the greatest in-laws he could had. We both miss our dads even after over 20 years, but we know they are in a much better place.

Kensyd, I have never had sushi, but it doesn't even sound good. My Dear DIL loves it but our DS won't even try it. He says he doesn't like anything RAW. I hope you get some great family with your Bro, SIL & precious new baby. Hope Kendall does get the job she really wants.

FHG, We will need fleece blankets at least through April. Then we hope for some kind of a warmup around here.

Tonight DH & some friends are going out to eat & then to a local HS musical about 11 miles from home. Some of the young fellows from our church are in it, so it should be fun. It is called "Cheaper by the Dozen." We like to support the Arts as all schools now days need as much support as they can get. Next weekend DH & I are going out to eat with different friends & then to another HS musical about 20 minutes from here. That one is "The Wizard of Oz, so that should be good too. It seems like March is always busy with basket ball games, musicals etc. After a very long winter, it is fun to finally get out of the house & have a little fun.

Hugs to all of you.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Good Afternoon! Thanks for getting us started Kathleen. Hope you have a nice weekend. Very sad about the young man dying. We really do need to try to live our lives to the fullest and tell our loved ones that we care every chance we have to do so.

Waves to LindaR, Nancy, Arlene, Jean (hope things went okay with the doctor), twinny (interesting story about your Mom and MIL), Rosa, Susan, Marijane, Karen, Sonya, Kathy, Gayle, Val, and all of our posters and readers.
DH and I had a travel club meeting this morning -- interesting discussion of Hungary by a member who lived there for six years. He also learned Hungarian, which must have been difficult.
After the meeting DH and I took a walk, and ended up at what used to be our favorite thrift shop. These days, everything is picked over and looks sad to me. I guess you need to be a "door buster" to get the good deals. They are still doing a good business, which is great for the community since they give back almost all the money to local charities and schools.
We also stopped by the library, and DH ended up staying there and I picked him up after walking back to the car. He wasn't interested in walking the full time.
My kindle (yes, I crumbled and bought one) just arrived, and now I need to spend time setting it up, etc. If I use it half or even a quarter as much as Jean, it will be a great purchased for me.
DD said she is feeling a bit better, and made it to the gym today. DGD needs to make some decisions about next year -- she is home schooled, but will be ready for 9th grade next fall. She could go to the high school (where one of her brothers will be a Junior next year), or she could continue with home schooling, but a different school than now. I'm not sure I understand all the reasons, but I think the school she is in now (this is on the computer) is quite a bit more expensive for high school. She has also decided she wants to go to a couple of courses at the community college this summer (these are for younger than college-age kids). One is to get a certification for child care -- sounds sort of like what Kendall needs. The other is meteorology -- I didn't know it, but she loves learning about weather.
The Army guy had pt yesterday, and they ran for two miles, did exercises, and then ran two miles back. He likes running, but it was pretty worn out by the time he got home.
Beautiful day here -- sunny and warm. We could certainly use some rain, but that isn't happening now.
Hope everyone has a good evening!
Hugs,
Linda