Trusted Contributor

Re: SHOPAHOLIC FRIENDS ODAT TGIF!!

Thanks for trying Brrnie...it is unusual that they don't have it in the other sizes too....I am thinking the sleeves in the tall would hang down to my fingers.!

Respected Contributor

Afternoon (almost) All, just got back from the store, good deal on K-Cups, house  brand but I really like it, $3.99 for pack of 12, t-bone steaks $5.99#, time to stock up, so she says  lol

62 degrees out there & sunny, but quite windy, O'Hare has delays/cancellations due to heavy winds

@LindaLatte, you & me both, I'm like a squirrel with food, paper goods, etc, & forget it about clothes, I think it's a disorder of some kind HAH

@Bird mama, will have to go on JCP site, like you don't like stores so much, rather browse on line, like the polka dot blouse, will check it out

Hi to all, have a good one

Esteemed Contributor

Rosa, it is good to be busy at work. Your weekend sounds like fun. Glad that you are feeling better. BIRD MAMA, car dealerships aren't my favorite place either, but our Subaru dealer has free hot drinks, chocolate chip cookies & popcorn. Sometimes we have them take us to the mall a short distance away as we are an hour away. Sounds like you are making good progress with your curtains. The JCP picks all look nice. SNICK'S, It was sunny & windy. Now it is cloudy & windy. DH will be busy picking up twigs too. We had leftovers in the crock pot twice this week. In am like you, as I have big ideas only to realize my energy level tires me out too soon. Marijane, I am liking the Bio clean a lot. I don't let things get real dirty, but my oven was the worst. Sorry that you had to get a new dishwasher, but no sense to fix the other one either. SPIX, It is like the Windy City here too. I am glad that we aren't in an airport today. I think that you are going to meet your DS's girlfriend this weekend. How exciting. We are under wind advisory until 6:00 tonight. I about got blown away trying to get groceries. No hot tub today, darn. Going to the HS musical tonight is still in works as we are only a few blocks away. I am feeling a bit sluggish today, so I need to take care of myself. My next infusion isn't for two more weeks.
Respected Contributor

Hi girls!  It's an absolute gorgeous day out there, as it was yesterday - sunny with temps in the 60s. Yesterday I went to Sam's and returned over $75 worth of stuff, but did buy back a fleece-lined pair of yoga pants as they had been reduced to $6.  I picked up some cheddar popcorn and some frozen yogurt for the dogs, then headed for Walmart as I had to pay the *$*% sewer bill - bunch of crooks! They're the most corrupt, most hated utility company around.  I was enticed by the commercials for $6 foot long sandwiches at Subway and picked up a meatball sub...but it wasn't as good as it used to be; I doubt I'll go back.  Anyway, it's too nice to stay inside today (although I have to wash the floors and do  homework), but I don't know where to go - like LindaL and Spix I have an over-abundance of everything...except money!  Cat LOL  Maybe I'll just take the dogs for a drive, although it's not like Hawaii where you could ride and ride and enjoy the beautiful scenery. At least gas is down to $1.35, so I can just take off and go...

I really do need to think twice about the food I buy. Some things - like canned tomatoes and soup, pasta, pasta sauce, etc. last forever, but I've got to stop over-buying things that spoil, or buying too much of something perishable that I like, then tiring of it before I can eat it.  I also have far too many baking supplies.

I have to take the car in to the repair shop, but need to get it cleaned first - the outside has paw prints all over it, and the inside is covered in fur. (sigh)  I should probably do it just before I take the car in, otherwise the cats will walk all over it and cover it in paw prints again.  I also have to get the trunk cleaned out - it's making noises when I drive with all the odds and ends in there.

Sorry to hear about your friends, Spix - two on the same day is particularly difficult.  You too, Charlene.

LindaL, you're making me long for my pool - but at least I have Mark to get mine up and going for not much money. 

Charlene, when I lived in NYC I went to top salons (Vidal Sasoon, Kenneth, George Michael of Madison Avenue, etc.) and although they were pricey, I always got a good cut.  There was nothing to compare in Hawaii (at least not on the Big Island), then when I moved here I went to SuperCuts, and remember one time someone told me "all finished!", and I pointed out that one side was an inch longer than the other!  I finally went to a salon that someone recommended - there are some good ones here - and was particularly pleased when I got my current stylist.  I was sad to find she left, but...I've found her again!  She's not cheap by local standards ($45), but in the long run it costs less to have her cut my hair, because it grows out beautifully and I don't have to have it done as often.  Not to mention, with the cheap places I'm unhappy with how my hair looks after only a week or two.  Anyway, I'm not complaining about the price - that's about what I used to pay in NYC over 30 years ago.  In fact, I'm overdue for an appointment - I don't go out much in the cold weather, so I tend to let it go longer then.

Well, I guess I should get dressed and get moving - time sure does go by fast!

Bird (and others), you'll love this:

Funny Bird Videos

Have a blessed day, everyone! 

Honored Contributor

@FunkyHulaGirl

Thanks for sharing the bird videos.  Wow, with those bigger birds (Parrots) you really need to interact with them.

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise